More Holtz..

Ryan Sanders

Happened to be watching Sportscenter at 4:30am this morning, and Lou Holtz and his buddy Mark May gave their top 3. They both agreed on the top two.. 1. Ohio State and 2. USC...

Holtz's #3 choice.. Florida. Then he continues to ramble on about how Auburn has no offense and only won because of the bad call on the pass interference.

I know that we here on this forum might be getting to carried away about this stuff.. but it really just makes me want to throw up.

Mark May actually had us at #3 because of our defense, which held the #6 team in the nation to 3 points.

This might not have been worthy of a new thread.. but oh well! :puke:

i love it! CTT got in lou's head w/ his comments a couple of years ago, and lou can't let it go.

its fun to hear him try to justify putting others ahead of auburn. those shows are becoming more like the political cross-talk shows that need dissention amongst the talking heads just to create interest.

florida's signature win thus far is a 1 point victory at UT. not bad.

fortunately, these things get settled on the field, not in lou's head.

Do you remember when you were a kid and couldn't wait to get up on Sat morning to watch cartoons? And then you grew up, cartoons became silly so you started doing the same thing with Gameday and the halftime shows. And then you grew up again. These guys are getting paid to do exactly what we do here, talk about football and voice an opinion. Lou's opinion just happens to be ridiculus. I don't look forward to watching Gameday or the halftime shows anymore. Hell, if we play the early game we don't even get to see AU highlights anymore. Oh well, once we whip everyones a$$, again, they will have to offer some respect, or NOT. Everyone call the National Championship a MNC so why do we care what the voters think? Let's just beat everyone that the put in front of us and be happy with that. It didn't bother me that we didn't get the MNC in 04' because I know who was the best team.

Have a good day Lou Holtz and the rest of the ESPN crew. :moon:

And WAR EAGLE to you all!

Do you remember when you were a kid and couldn't wait to get up on Sat morning to watch cartoons? And then you grew up, cartoons became silly so you started doing the same thing with Gameday and the halftime shows. And then you grew up again.

And WAR EAGLE to you all!

This is a sad fact.

I used to really enjoy watching gameday, and now I just start watching at 11:00 when the games start.

:(

<_<

Of course we have our own reasons for beating UF on Oct. 14. We don't need any extra motivation. But if the bonus of putting it in Lou's face is there, maybe having him admit he was wrong, maybe him admitting our offense is just fine and was only up against one of the top defenses in the nation, maybe, just maybe, he'll be actually admit we are #2, ahead of USC. Maybe. Then again, he is the worst case of an ESPN talking head, and doesn't have to admit squat. Maybe the mostly reasonable Mark May would tell him he is wrong. Or Lou would just put Michigan up there.

Speaking of talking heads, when Lee Corso picked LSU over us, I knew we were going to win. That was a tough enough game that he could have been right. But he wasn't. Which is what I expected. Now I expect it of Lou.

"...fortunately, these things get settled on the field, not in lou's head".

Unfortunately 2004 taught us that's not always the case. It's hard to be any more perfect on the field (while beating 5 top 10 teams along the way) than we were in 2004. ESPN has more influence by far than ANY sports media in this country and not only do some of them actually VOTE in the polls, they play fast and loose w/ the truth on the tube.

Was it "the China Syndrome"? "Stand up and repeat after me, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this any more".

More AU flags @ more GameDays!! :au:

In all fairness, Lou did say that if any team in the SEC went undefeated that there is no way they can be held out of the National Championship game.

Yes, but when he said that he was talking about Florida.

I flipped over to ESPN and caught the tail end of Holtz talking to May. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they were talking about Auburn vs Florida and Holtz said that we won't win that game because we have no running game. He then called us the University of Auburn again.

Lou was such a great coach and recruiter that he left every program with an NCAA investigation behind him. Every school except Ark went on probation because of him. Look at South Carolina. They still haven't recovered from his genius. Same goes for their other loser coach at his last job.

I flipped over to ESPN and caught the tail end of Holtz talking to May. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they were talking about Auburn vs Florida and Holtz said that we won't win that game because we have no running game. He then called us the University of Auburn again.

I heard the same thing. Absolutely hilarious. I really start to wonder if he's ever sober when he's on tv.

B000GG4ZHM.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63227260_.jpg

If you were to read his book, you would think different about ole Lou. Before he went senile, he did coach some good ball teams. Once, he actually one the MNC!

Just now, Holtz and Mark May stated that USC should be #2 (showing the top 5 with AU at #2). Holtz made a big deal about agreeing with Mark May. Rece Davis stated that Michigan should be in the top 5 and Holtz says, "you gonna take out WVU, you gonna take out Florida, you gonna take out Southern Cal...nooooo..." Holtz has serious issues with Auburn. :rolleyes:

I would love top be able to talk to them...its such a hypocracy..in 2004 AU didn't deserve to jump OU...they deserved to be there because they ddin't lose...but now WE don't deserve it because??...We didn't show enough offense beating the #6 team??? I don't get it...Does anyne have their email?

Yea, this crap really pisses me off. I am getting so sick of Auburn being over looked. How does ESPN think Lou sitting up there is a good decision? Seriously, he has a lisp, he is ulgy, he rambles, he is a HUGE Notre Dame homer and doesnt even try to hide it, and most of the time he does not make any sense. Couldn't they find a better hire?

Style points, boys. Style points. This year the buzz word is "style points." We are not getting enough style points to compare to SC or ND or Michigan.

What I like is the way ESPN decides what the BCS rules are.

Don't they usually pimp their Thursday night game at some point? They barely even mentioned it off hand like they had a gun to their head to say it.

It's sad that the #2 tem in the nation barely gets a mention..I wonder itf CTT's comments are still in their minds?

Style points, boys. Style points. This year the buzz word is "style points." We are not getting enough style points to compare to SC or ND or Michigan.

Well SC is the one ahead of AU right now and they only won 20-3 today. I predict no movement in #1-3.

Well SC is the one ahead of AU right now and they only won 20-3 today. I predict no movement in #1-3.

I predict AU will drop at least one place.

Lou was such a great coach and recruiter that he left every program with an NCAA investigation behind him. Every school except Ark went on probation because of him. Look at South Carolina. They still haven't recovered from his genius. Same goes for their other loser coach at his last job.

Now wait just a minute...be fair to Lou...he had a magnificent two minutes with the NY Jets! And they didn't go on probation either!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

Archived