Harris Interactive Poll Due out today?

33gles

IIRC the AP poll's replacement has its first installment for 2006 due out sometime today....

Keep in mind that the AP pulled out of the BCS, so we have to rely on the USA Today poll...(which has us at 3rd) some completely random computer rankings, and the new thing.

Should be interesting, we'll see how it goes.

I don't know when it comes out but I doubt it'll be friendly towards Auburn. The AP poll had Auburn higher than USC to start the season and the Coaches poll had USC higher than Auburn to start the season. I realize they jumped eachother in the AP poll over the span of two weeks, but the Harris Poll will likely use the AP poll, the Coaches Poll, and the ESPN analysts as their tool to vote. That being said, AP and Coaches wipe eachother out and the ESPN analysts will cause the voters to rank us 3rd or 4th (or according to some of them like Lou Holtz, 5th or 6th)

Harris poll at CBS Sportsline

1. OSU

2. USC

3 AUBURN

4. West Virginia

5. Michigan

6. Florida

7. Louisville

8. Texas

9. Gerogia

10. LSU

Notre Dame - 12, Tennessee 15

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=Harris

they don't show :au: at #3? what's up with that?

That is most likely last years Harris Poll showing up on FOX

You would think, but I just looked at it and it has this seasons records beside the teams. Obviously Fox has some issues with their polls website.

That is most likely last years Harris Poll showing up on FOX

You would think, but I just looked at it and it has this seasons records beside the teams. Obviously Fox has some issues with their polls website.

Fox has lotsa issues. ;)

I'm glad to see us at #3 to be honest at this point. LSU is the BIG win on our schedule so far, but everyone else is suspect.

I know in my heart we are at the least #2 (#1 is not a far reach either), but looking forward.............I like our chances of moving up with wins over UF and UGA.

Harris poll at CBS Sportsline

1. OSU

2. USC

3 AUBURN

4. West Virginia

5. Michigan

6. Florida

7. Louisville

8. Texas

9. Gerogia

10. LSU

Notre Dame - 12, Tennessee 15

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=Harris

they don't show :au: at #3? what's up with that?

They must not have updated with the actual first vote. Ray Melick, who is a Harris voter, was just on "The Zone" and spoke about the poll coming out today and Auburn being 3rd.

Archived