TeamRankings.com Computer Poll

RadioWryn

I am happy they have AUBURN in the #1 spot, but something is wrong with those rankings.

They have Southern Cal as playing 1 top 10 team and one top 25 team & one top 40 team. Southern Cal has played 3 games Arkansas, Nebraska & Arizona. Which one of them was in the top 10? Nebraska was a top 25 team but Arkansas & Arizona were not ranked when they played USC.

Also they have Ohio State as playing no top 10 teams. What about TEXAS?

I didn't go any further.

I am happy they have AUBURN in the #1 spot, but something is wrong with those rankings.

They have Southern Cal as playing 1 top 10 team and one top 25 team & one top 40 team. Southern Cal has played 3 games Arkansas, Nebraska & Arizona. Which one of them was in the top 10? Nebraska was a top 25 team but Arkansas & Arizona were not ranked when they played USC.

Also they have Ohio State as playing no top 10 teams. What about TEXAS?

I didn't go any further.

They do their own rankings on the basis of top 10, top 25, etc. Some of these are screwy though - Southern Miss at 11? Ha.

uat right behind Central Michigan? Sounds like these folks know what they are doing to me!

if you go to predictions of future games, they have the same team for the bowl game that you played last year... i dunno if i like it.

Are those rankings a joke? Well, AU #1 isn't a terrible choice but after that...let me get this straight...

1-1 USM is #11?

1-2 Arizona is #16...the same team murdered by LSU 2 weeks ago

1-2 PSU is in the Top 20?

We are #34 behind Akron and 2-2 BYU and Air Force?

10. Nebraska (2-1)

11. Southern Miss (1-1)

14. California (2-1) (TENNESSEE beat them like a red headed step child!

16. Arizona (1-2) (Yeah that makes a lot of sense!)

18. Penn State (1-2)

24. Connecticut (1-1)

28. Duke (0-2)

31. BYU (2-2)

33. Akron (2-2)

35. North Carolina State (1-2) (This is absolutely stupid!)

39. Alabama (3-1) (OK it's starting to make sense now)

94. UAB (1-3) (Good Lord, they got beat by Mississippi State!) :roflol:

About The Rankings

These rankings are based on original algorithms developed by Mike Greenfield. Mike initially worked with College Football and College Basketball, but has since expanded the rankings to include other sports as well.

The central idea behind these rankings is to find a series of ratings attached to each team in such a way that together, they "make sense". There are formulae which, given two teams and their ratings, plus the location of the game, will determine the odds of either team winning the game. Thus, given a certain schedule, a team ranked at a certain level should have a certain number of wins (though margin of victory plays some role too). If the team in question has performed better than one at that level likely would, they will be ranked higher. If they've performed worse, they'll be ranked lower.

http://teamrankings.com/howWeRank.php

Archived