ESPN Gameday

AURainman

Corso was not hired because of his football expertise. He is the comic relief/entertainment for their show.

Since when has any "analyst" ever been good at the thing they are analyzing?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not as far as a boycott, but how funny would it be if everyone showed up, but no one cheered or held signs. We all just stood there. Or maybe everyone read a newspaper or something.

I think that would really throw the talking heads off.

Maybe not as far as a boycott, but how funny would it be if everyone showed up, but no one cheered or held signs. We all just stood there. Or maybe everyone read a newspaper or something.

I think that would really throw the talking heads off.

i like it, maybe we should all turn our backs to the stage.

yall are missing the point. If GameDay does come here, the idea is not to piss them off anymore than CTT already did. Yes, what he said was true, but you know that he would like it, more than anyone, if ESPN talked us up. Good for recruiting and national attention to our team. Let's take advantage of the little time that they do give us.

yall are missing the point. If GameDay does come here, the idea is not to piss them off anymore than CTT already did. Yes, what he said was true, but you know that he would like it, more than anyone, if ESPN talked us up. Good for recruiting and national attention to our team. Let's take advantage of the little time that they do give us.

That is kind of like saying, "Lets cater to Paul Finebaum so he can pimp AU come national signing day". Like any of these jokers can influence recruiting.

I can't believe that so many normally-sane folks have worked themselves into a bitter lather over something so trivial.

Crikey!

ESPN does what they have to do to compete and self-promote in the cut-throat world.

The Auburn team must do what they have to do to be champs.

Having a bunch of haranguing guys hating ESPN does no one any good. Not themselves, not ESPN, not Auburn.

This paranoia should come an end--and soon.

That is kind of like saying, "Lets cater to Paul Finebaum so he can pimp AU come national signing day". Like any of these jokers can influence recruiting.

it is nothing like saying that. Finebaum does not have a national audience. And yes they can influence recruiting. High-profile recruits want to play for a team that gets a ton of national exposure. They want to be on TV. They want to be on SportsCenter. It's not a determining factor, but it helps recruits from outside of the south gain interest in AU. Like CTT said...ESPN has way too much power!

Let's just do our own GameDay and see if we can get CBS to pick it up. For the fans by the Students...

Grassroots, it could be an Auburn tradition. Something for the fans all the fans..

Week 1: ND @ Georgia Tech.............Televised: ABC

Week 2: Ohio State @ Texas............Televised: ABC

Week 3: Nebraska @ USC................Televised: ABC

Week 4: Penn State @ Ohio State.....Televised: ABC

Week 5: Ohio State @ Iowa..............Televised: ABC

A. Ohio State THREE frickin' times? Twice in a row? I thought Chris Fowler said they skipped Auburn so that they could be regionally balanced? To steal a phrase from GG, I think it has more to do with Honkin' the OSU/USC Bobo.

B. Chris Fowler also claimed it had nothing to do with the TV network the game was televised on. (I believed him because last year, and prior years, they would attend a CBS game also.) Now it appears that it WILL be all ABC all the time. Therefore, if ESPN/ABC doesn't televise the game, no coverage for that team. Congrats Big XII, ACC, PAC-1, Big Ten. You're ABC contract just bought you unmeasurable recruiting mojo.

I think its time to make a change. E :sc: N has outlived their usefulness.

IF (big if) we come to the UF game undefeated, and they televise our game via ESPN, chances are, they'd come see two top teams.

What should we do? I don't want to embarass AU, but ESPN needs to get the message that WE DON'T NEED THEM. I wanna tear that stupid stage down.

If they(ESPN) do put it out that they plan on broadcasting from Auburn, some large organization within the student body needs to organize a 'boycott'. The SGA, the Greek council, or even the FCA needs to organize and put the word out, "if you are a true Auburn fan, you will not be caught near the Gameday stage, before or after the game". And of course this would spread to all the Tailgaters coming into town. Can you imagine only a few UF or UGA homers hanging around the Gameday stage during the show?? Even the threat of this happening spreading across internet boards would permanently scare them away from the state of Alabama forever. It would kill their street cred in front of the whole nation.

You are kidding right? It would only ingrain the thought that Auburn fans are not true fans and do not support their team. The best thing to do would be to bring signs, as mentioend above, stating their past comments against us. (Okay, maybe also yell "Corso Sucks, everytime he opens his mouth! Or "WHAT!")

If Gameday was to show all of the students would have every sign bashing ESPN imaginable. No matter what the folks on this board say, the only true thing you could expect is for the students to do that. THey see that Auburn is getting very little attention and everyone hates the gameday crew... I would just be interested in what the signs will say...my idea for one is

Expert analysts

Suck

at Picking

National Champs

u guys are cracking me up. espn sucks!

You know, I'm not completely against our own gameday, but you'd have to have the resources to travel the country and a network to put it on, even if CBS put it on the network, they show one college football game per day, and they most likely won't put a rookie gameday show on for a few hours if they've got somethng better (say a golf tournament or nascar race) to show.

However, i like the idea of starting a website on the subject. A no holds-barred NCAA football website/blog where you write your opinion on the past weekend, take letters from fans, and call out ESPN and the other media people who are so ready to suck the proverbial dick of their darlings.

a boycott would be stupid. Show support for Auburn. I know we don't like ESPN, but we NEED them. ESPN gives the best exposure that a team could get. When GameDay was here in 04, they said that was one of the most wild Friday's they have ever experienced. I mean hell, they had to close down Roosevelt because there were so many people there. Then, after that game, we moved into a tie with Oklahoma. I know we lost it when Gameday was at the SECCG, but it still makes a world of difference when ESPN gives our team coverage. It would look terrible if no one showed up. I say that we use all the coverage(although it hasn't been much this season) to our advantage. That means, when we do get ESPN games, we have to blow out our opponents, we have to have great fans, and we have to....embrace ESPN. It's not exactly what I want to do, but it would be beneficial to do so. Making signs criticizing ESPN or trashing them would mean that they would just give us less exposure in the future. BE SMART ABOUT THIS

Great post - the voice of reason....

Roosevelt?

a boycott would be stupid. Show support for Auburn. I know we don't like ESPN, but we NEED them. ESPN gives the best exposure that a team could get. When GameDay was here in 04, they said that was one of the most wild Friday's they have ever experienced. I mean hell, they had to close down Roosevelt because there were so many people there. Then, after that game, we moved into a tie with Oklahoma. I know we lost it when Gameday was at the SECCG, but it still makes a world of difference when ESPN gives our team coverage. It would look terrible if no one showed up. I say that we use all the coverage(although it hasn't been much this season) to our advantage. That means, when we do get ESPN games, we have to blow out our opponents, we have to have great fans, and we have to....embrace ESPN. It's not exactly what I want to do, but it would be beneficial to do so. Making signs criticizing ESPN or trashing them would mean that they would just give us less exposure in the future. BE SMART ABOUT THIS

Great post - the voice of reason....

Roosevelt?

the street in front of BEMC that crosses Donahue where Tiger Walk ends.

Where can we send e-mails to the game day show and complain? I think we should all bombard them with complaints!!

Go to ESPN.com and go to the bottom of the page to the contact us section. Then go to ESPN TV. I did and complained. Haven't heard from them, just did it. Goes to show, they are setting up an Ohio State NAtional Champion. We just have to go out and prove them wrong. WAR DAMN EAGLE!! :au:

Your wrong AUHansel. All CTT did was speak the truth. ESPN thinks they are the almighty god of College Football now and were offended by CTT. We should support CTT and Auburn. We should blast them into next week (so to speak) with signs, protests, opinions, etc. Don't do anything obnoxious, but rather use signs etc that get to "OUR" point about the whole ESPN thing. THEY influence more than you realize now. Maybe we should put up a sign asking them to come to the crowd and ask for some audience input.

To paraphrase Bill King from Rivals Radio this morning, he said that Gameday is a TV show. Its put on TV for entertainment purposes, so they can get more advertisement and thus more dollars. Thus, when we fuss, cuss, etc, it means more money for them. When Corso contradicts something he said 3 weeks ago, it means more people will watch his idiot *** and they also see the ads when this happens.

As far as Gameday goes, they will be where Herbsteit is doing the ABC game of the week, or at least close to the location of his game. Remember, he does double duty now for both ABC and ESPN.

Screw ESPN! We don't need them. We just need to convince CTT to score more points when the opportunity presents itself. Hopefully, we can win the rest of our games.

WAR EAGLE! :au:

Your wrong AUHansel. All CTT did was speak the truth. ESPN thinks they are the almighty god of College Football now and were offended by CTT. We should support CTT and Auburn. We should blast them into next week (so to speak) with signs, protests, opinions, etc. Don't do anything obnoxious, but rather use signs etc that get to "OUR" point about the whole ESPN thing. THEY influence more than you realize now. Maybe we should put up a sign asking them to come to the crowd and ask for some audience input.

To paraphrase Bill King from Rivals Radio this morning, he said that Gameday is a TV show. Its put on TV for entertainment purposes, so they can get more advertisement and thus more dollars. Thus, when we fuss, cuss, etc, it means more money for them. When Corso contradicts something he said 3 weeks ago, it means more people will watch his idiot *** and they also see the ads when this happens.

As far as Gameday goes, they will be where Herbsteit is doing the ABC game of the week, or at least close to the location of his game. Remember, he does double duty now for both ABC and ESPN.

Screw ESPN! We don't need them. We just need to convince CTT to score more points when the opportunity presents itself. Hopefully, we can win the rest of our games.

WAR EAGLE! :au:

I know that CTT spoke the truth. I am agreeing with him. But what I'm also saying, and I'm sure that CTT agrees with me, is that the exposure would help our team!!! He said they have too much power, and that is true, but the problem is that they are basically using their power against us by not talking about our team and talking about USC, ND, OSU, and Michigan. It would be great if ESPN would embrace us, or some other SEC team. What I'm saying is that we should use the coverage that ESPN does give us to our advantage!!! Everyone at Auburn, including the players and coaches, feel that we get no respect from the media (ESPN). Thats why when we are on ESPN (like Thursday or if GameDay comes) we need to play great on the field and the fans need to represent our team well. They will be forced to talk about Auburn when they are broadcasting the game or here for Gameday. I know they influence too much in the scheme of things, but that is why we should use that coverage to our advantage.

We do need ESPN, I wish we didn't, but its true. They do influence so much on a national scene. They can persuade voters. That is why we need to be on ESPN as much as possible. If we were to protest them, do you think they would ever put our team on TV or come here for GameDay?

you said this

We should blast them into next week (so to speak) with signs, protests, opinions, etc. Don't do anything obnoxious, but rather use signs etc that get to "OUR" point about the whole ESPN thing.

what would that prove? What would it solve? It would make them not want to put our fans, therefore our team, on their shows. That doesn't help us in any way. We should want them to give our team and our fans coverage.

I can't believe the overreaction that's going on. Okay, so I'm the only one left who isn't completely repulsed by Gameday, apparently. Please, go back and re-read Fowler's column @ ESPN.com. The first post in this thread showed where the crew has been thru the first five weeks. Not like there's 10 weeks of football left or anything. They are going to come to at least one SEC game this year; even they know how silly it would be otherwise. Besides, look at this weekend around the conference...Georgia @ Ole Miss? Bama @ Florida? Hell, WE don't even play this Saturday!!! What do you want them to do...come and broadcast from the BEMC lawn with no game and no fans?? And forget that we will be playing in the ONLY game on Thursday night!! On...no...it can't be...ESPN!! I love all my AU brethren, but this is getting monumentally ridiculous. (imho.)

I can't believe the overreaction that's going on. Okay, so I'm the only one left who isn't completely repulsed by Gameday, apparently. Please, go back and re-read Fowler's column @ ESPN.com. The first post in this thread showed where the crew has been thru the first five weeks. Not like there's 10 weeks of football left or anything. They are going to come to at least one SEC game this year; even they know how silly it would be otherwise. Besides, look at this weekend around the conference...Georgia @ Ole Miss? Bama @ Florida? Hell, WE don't even play this Saturday!!! What do you want them to do...come and broadcast from the BEMC lawn with no game and no fans?? And forget that we will be playing in the ONLY game on Thursday night!! On...no...it can't be...ESPN!! I love all my AU brethren, but this is getting monumentally ridiculous. (imho.)

I don't completely hate ESPN. I don't like how they cover 4 teams and no one else. I don't like what they've done with gameday. I don't like how ABC controls them. I don't like a lot of things, but I watch ESPN every day. I don't agree with most of the stuff their writers or analysist say, but they do give more information about sports than any other network. It's hard for me to hate them, but it sucks how they treat every team besides OSU, USC, ND, Michigan, and Texas. I think everyone gets tired of hearing about the same teams and stories. I'm sick of them talking about TO, Barry Bonds, and everything else that they talk about on a daily basis. It gets really annoying, but there is no where else to get sports news.

Go back and look at what I posted.

CLEARLY there is a bias 5 weeks into the season.

A. A bias towards Ohio State. Fine. Their currently No. 1.

B. A bias towards anyone with an ABC contract.

But don't excuse E :sc: N because they have a chance at redemption. Chris Fowler's explanation was that they were holding off on SEC games because they wanted to be regionally balanced. :bs: Where's the balance 5 weeks in?

The TRUTH (what Fowler should have been told/should have told the viewers) is that they are in bed with ABC contract teams in order to self promote. Therefore the Big XII, Pac 1, ACC, and Big T1e1n are going to get a 2 hour spot every week on their network.

Yeah, they might hit up an ESPN game eventually, but they sure haven't yet.

ESPN???!!! We don't need no stinkin' ESPN!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!!

:au::homer:

Hold on there Spartacus. Gonna get everyone all frothy.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

BA-Loney! Sorry Hansel...let's get a war going with these guys and we'll make it look like they started it (Patton)...and by the way...they did!!! Think of the headlines...and NO publicity is Bad publicity...unless you're Bamar! :big: BOYCOTT!!!

Archived