ESPN Gameday

AURainman

But tOSU is their largest CF market, so they usually will get ratings whether they're stomping on us or praising us.

All this said, I thought by now the whole on-location Gameday thing would have become uncool and experienced some backlash. I mean really, I've been to a couple AU games, and I make it back to OH for a game every year, and there are sooo many better things to do than hang out at the gameday stage. I can understand the noobs going, and a few drunken students, but who gives a crap about gameday. That ain't where its at.

Good luck tonight and the rest of the way. Just keep winning and I think you'll move up to #2 accross the board as your SOS will overtake peoples view of a non-dominant USC. I still have a feeling we drop one, but a OSU/AU MNC game would be awesome.

Gameday and Sports media in General are all too well aware that SEC schools do not bring enough viewers to the plate. There is no way to view the never-ending lovefest with all things USC and Big 12. Unfortunately for the Big 12, you guys beat what looks to be the only really good team in the Big 12 this year. The Big 12 is 0-9 against ranked OOC teams btw. :o

Kudos for the big win at Texas. That may be our achilles heel, not being able to win a huge OOC game early. Our schedule this year will have us play 4 Top Ten teams if we win out/lose one. It is not lost in us that the PAC-10 and Big Ten dont play a Championship game either. Que sera que sera...

Maybe we will have a true NCAA Tournament soon and all this silly BCS stuff will just die and go away.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But tOSU is their largest CF market, so they usually will get ratings whether they're stomping on us or praising us.

All this said, I thought by now the whole on-location Gameday thing would have become uncool and experienced some backlash. I mean really, I've been to a couple AU games, and I make it back to OH for a game every year, and there are sooo many better things to do than hang out at the gameday stage. I can understand the noobs going, and a few drunken students, but who gives a crap about gameday. That ain't where its at.

Good luck tonight and the rest of the way. Just keep winning and I think you'll move up to #2 accross the board as your SOS will overtake peoples view of a non-dominant USC. I still have a feeling we drop one, but a OSU/AU MNC game would be awesome.

Gameday and Sports media in General are all too well aware that SEC schools do not bring enough viewers to the plate. There is no way to view the never-ending lovefest with all things USC and Big 12. Unfortunately for the Big 12, you guys beat what looks to be the only really good team in the Big 12 this year. The Big 12 is 0-9 against ranked OOC teams btw. :o

Kudos for the big win at Texas. That may be our achilles heel, not being able to win a huge OOC game early. Our schedule this year will have us play 4 Top Ten teams if we win out/lose one. It is not lost in us that the PAC-10 and Big Ten dont play a Championship game either. Que sera que sera...

Maybe we will have a true NCAA Tournament soon and all this silly BCS stuff will just die and go away.

Yep. If we both win out, a case could certainly be made that Auburn is the #1 team because you played that CCG. I don't like that it sometimes comes down to "but we don't play a CCG". Hell, I would rather see a round robin than the way it is now, but it's not going to happen. We need that 12th team, and the only one that really fits (ND) has its head up its ass. Any other team might actually weaken the B10....well, I guess even ND would do that nowadays, but you get the point. I can't wait to see a playoff. We got the perfect coach for it (4 real NC's).

I don't know anything about Auburn's scheduling, but I know the trend is to start scheduling the big OOC games. I did read somewhere that you were trying to get a H&H with some big schools, but they couldn't be back to back years, so it caused a problem. We played Wash. St. in 2002 when they were ranked, but unfortunately not this year.

I'm also miffed that this is OSU's third marquee appearance already. That's silly no matter how you slice it. But I'm blaming ABC/the Mouse more than ESPN for this new trend of showing their own evening games.

Exactly. Why a company would ever want to promote their own products and try to make a buck is beyond me. ~rolls eyes~

Okay, okay, I do agree that it's smart to hype your own games. Just good business sense. But are they reeeeally that worried about people tuning in? Couldn't they leave Gameday to travel its own path like before and still get good ratings?

BTW...welcome HorseshoeJoe, here's hoping our two schools get real familiar early next January. :cheer:

Guest Tigrinum Major

How do you mean Tigrinium Major? I am in a good mood today. I only get really heated about two topics, New Orleans and Auburn. Everything else is gravy. I think that is what you are referring to. <_<

You're right. I shouldn't bust on you too much. It's just when you do get going on a subject about which you are passionate, the results are spectacular.

Mea culpa.

WarEagle83, I agree. They could easily leave GameDay to its own devices and I don't think the Mouse would suffer any, and they could feature better games. I'm just saying that I'm not at all surprised that they are having them focus on the ABC games. After all, their business is money, not football. If I was running the show and had an hours long commercial for one of my prime products, and the demographics of that "commercial" was exactly who I wanted buying my product (watching the game), I can't say I'd do any differently.

Archived