ESPN Gameday

AURainman

Week 1: ND @ Georgia Tech.............Televised: ABC

Week 2: Ohio State @ Texas............Televised: ABC

Week 3: Nebraska @ USC................Televised: ABC

Week 4: Penn State @ Ohio State.....Televised: ABC

Week 5: Ohio State @ Iowa..............Televised: ABC

A. Ohio State THREE frickin' times? Twice in a row? I thought Chris Fowler said they skipped Auburn so that they could be regionally balanced? To steal a phrase from GG, I think it has more to do with Honkin' the OSU/USC Bobo.

B. Chris Fowler also claimed it had nothing to do with the TV network the game was televised on. (I believed him because last year, and prior years, they would attend a CBS game also.) Now it appears that it WILL be all ABC all the time. Therefore, if ESPN/ABC doesn't televise the game, no coverage for that team. Congrats Big XII, ACC, PAC-1, Big Ten. You're ABC contract just bought you unmeasurable recruiting mojo.

I think its time to make a change. E :sc: N has outlived their usefulness.

IF (big if) we come to the UF game undefeated, and they televise our game via ESPN, chances are, they'd come see two top teams.

What should we do? I don't want to embarass AU, but ESPN needs to get the message that WE DON'T NEED THEM. I wanna tear that stupid stage down.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say put their quotes on signs, followed by the locations you just provided. You won’t embarrass AU if it’s their own words…..but then again, who are we kidding, they are NOT coming.

they can't censor our signs, lets just make a list of all the bullsh*t that they have spewed about us over the last three years.

i've noticed the bias - and i've also notice the lame fans at these big 10 and pac 10 schools.

come to an SEC venue; and it's loud througout the show.

the lsu/auburn game was the biggest game that week (rankings wise). usc-nebraska..wtf...

has gameday been to auburn recently?

they've been to columbia twice; and it's pretty cool.

I said it before...because ESPWhat and ABC are both owned by the Rat....Gameday will only be allowed to be brodcast from the ABC Game Venue....dont expect them to be at any SEC schools.

But then again I dont know of what brodcast you speak....ESPWhat? Never heard of it.

Week 1: ND @ Georgia Tech.............Televised: ABC

Week 2: Ohio State @ Texas............Televised: ABC

Week 3: Nebraska @ USC................Televised: ABC

Week 4: Penn State @ Ohio State.....Televised: ABC

Week 5: Ohio State @ Iowa..............Televised: ABC

A. Ohio State THREE frickin' times? Twice in a row? I thought Chris Fowler said they skipped Auburn so that they could be regionally balanced? To steal a phrase from GG, I think it has more to do with Honkin' the OSU/USC Bobo.

B. Chris Fowler also claimed it had nothing to do with the TV network the game was televised on. (I believed him because last year, and prior years, they would attend a CBS game also.) Now it appears that it WILL be all ABC all the time. Therefore, if ESPN/ABC doesn't televise the game, no coverage for that team. Congrats Big XII, ACC, PAC-1, Big Ten. You're ABC contract just bought you unmeasurable recruiting mojo.

I think its time to make a change. E :sc: N has outlived their usefulness.

IF (big if) we come to the UF game undefeated, and they televise our game via ESPN, chances are, they'd come see two top teams.

What should we do? I don't want to embarass AU, but ESPN needs to get the message that WE DON'T NEED THEM. I wanna tear that stupid stage down.

If they(ESPN) do put it out that they plan on broadcasting from Auburn, some large organization within the student body needs to organize a 'boycott'. The SGA, the Greek council, or even the FCA needs to organize and put the word out, "if you are a true Auburn fan, you will not be caught near the Gameday stage, before or after the game". And of course this would spread to all the Tailgaters coming into town. Can you imagine only a few UF or UGA homers hanging around the Gameday stage during the show?? Even the threat of this happening spreading across internet boards would permanently scare them away from the state of Alabama forever. It would kill their street cred in front of the whole nation.

Uhh, it would look BAD if no one showed up. The better plan would be to make signs criticizing them. I don't think they will let you bring these in so carry a sharpie and a pro-Auburn sign with you and write your new message on the back. If enough people do it they will lose control and not be able to take up the signs in time and we will get plenty of them on tv

a boycott would be stupid. Show support for Auburn. I know we don't like ESPN, but we NEED them. ESPN gives the best exposure that a team could get. When GameDay was here in 04, they said that was one of the most wild Friday's they have ever experienced. I mean hell, they had to close down Roosevelt because there were so many people there. Then, after that game, we moved into a tie with Oklahoma. I know we lost it when Gameday was at the SECCG, but it still makes a world of difference when ESPN gives our team coverage. It would look terrible if no one showed up. I say that we use all the coverage(although it hasn't been much this season) to our advantage. That means, when we do get ESPN games, we have to blow out our opponents, we have to have great fans, and we have to....embrace ESPN. It's not exactly what I want to do, but it would be beneficial to do so. Making signs criticizing ESPN or trashing them would mean that they would just give us less exposure in the future. BE SMART ABOUT THIS

Has this horse not died yet?

For all the bitchin' and moanin' that goes on in here about ESPN, why does everyone care so much whether Game Day comes to Auburn or not? It's pretty well established now that they will go to where the big ABC game of the day is, or possibly a big ESPN game.

If they come for the AU-UF game, great, if not, that's certainy not going to dampen my enthusiasm for the game.

Fellas, let the horse rest in peace

they can't censor our signs, lets just make a list of all the bullsh*t that they have spewed about us over the last three years.

Uhh, it would look BAD if no one showed up. The better plan would be to make signs criticizing them. I don't think they will let you bring these in so carry a sharpie and a pro-Auburn sign with you and write your new message on the back. If enough people do it they will lose control and not be able to take up the signs in time and we will get plenty of them on tv

Amen. The student body should do this in a well-organized fashion.

a boycott would be stupid. Show support for Auburn. I know we don't like ESPN, but we NEED them. ESPN gives the best exposure that a team could get. When GameDay was here in 04, they said that was one of the most wild Friday's they have ever experienced. I mean hell, they had to close down Roosevelt because there were so many people there. Then, after that game, we moved into a tie with Oklahoma. I know we lost it when Gameday was at the SECCG, but it still makes a world of difference when ESPN gives our team coverage. It would look terrible if no one showed up. I say that we use all the coverage(although it hasn't been much this season) to our advantage. That means, when we do get ESPN games, we have to blow out our opponents, we have to have great fans, and we have to....embrace ESPN. It's not exactly what I want to do, but it would be beneficial to do so. Making signs criticizing ESPN or trashing them would mean that they would just give us less exposure in the future. BE SMART ABOUT THIS

Great post - the voice of reason....

I remember homecoming of 94 or it might have been 95. I remember seeing coming down the street with frat houses (street name escapes me), and in front of each house they have their homecoming float set up. Most predicting the stomping of the lowely homecoming opponent. Then out in front of a smaller house there is this huge float with only "Lee Corso Sucks" in huge blue letters on a field of white on this float. It was awesome.

Everyone should make signs. Then the entire nation sees it. You will never get the students to boycott. They want on TV.

I am sure students will rise to the occassion when it comes to creating some signs!!

ESPN???!!! We don't need no stinkin' ESPN!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!!

:au::homer:

ESPN???!!! We don't need no stinkin' ESPN!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!!

:au::homer:

Hold on there Spartacus. Gonna get everyone all frothy.

41-68-2

That should hit Corso pretty hard. We need to make this sign and whoever is directly behind corso should hold it up above, beside or where ever around him that would get on TV.

41-68-2

That should hit Corso pretty hard. We need to make this sign and whoever is directly behind corso should hold it up above, beside or where ever around him that would get on TV.

His coaching record, correct?

41-68-2

His coaching record, correct?

In 10 years at Indiana. If I'm not mistaken he coached a year or 2 at Louisville, I'm still searching for his record there.

41-68-2

41-68-2

WHY LISTEN?

Archived