What do you think?

chinook

auburn respect  

102 members have voted

1. 1. regarding aunation numerous topics about lack of respect

• quit whining until there is something to whine about
    • call the whaaambulance
    • continue whining

Folks, lest we forget, it was our beloved Coach that took on ESPN and took them to task. CTT called the network out for having an agenda and ripped the talking heads for being a bunch of washed up losers.

CTT said exactly what needed to be said, although some would debate how wise of a move that was. Personally, I applaud the size of his Kahonees for saying it, but at the same time, should any of us be surprised or even upset about a lack of love from ESPN? If you were ESPN, would you come out and say, "Yea, you know what, we do have an agenda and we're going to change the way we do things"? Would you then suck up to Auburn?

I think all the threads about lack of respect give you the answer to that question.

BCS has always been a joke. Its about companies and the money.

Course ESPN is going to try and deny it and cover it up. How many people do you think that watch gameday on Sat morning are in the SEC? If you lived in Cal would you get up at 6am to watch it?

Why do they always highlight SEC games in primetime on Sat night? Cause it gets them the highest ratings, why you see UK/UF instead of OSU/Arizona State.

If they lose the SEC fanbase then they lose a good chunk of change. Hopefully someone will try and get more SEC games like TBS or Fox to go along with CBS or CBS will start having a Saturday night game like ABC does.

I think the poll results would be a bit different if they were worded with less bias.

Sure would...but then it would lose its ostensible point, which was to say "quitcherbellyachin' already!"

I guess I've got a different approach to this from most of the rest of you, and I mentioned this on another thread. If AU has the good fortune to run the table this season, then everything else is icing.

I say quit whining until there is something to whine about. We have played 4 games, two of which were against woeful teams. We have 8 more games to go. Lets see what happens. We are better off this year than in 2004 rankings wise. Just as we are not guaranteed 8 more wins, either is OSU or USuCk. One game at a time, guys.

I say quit whining until there is something to whine about. We have played 4 games, two of which were against woeful teams. We have 8 more games to go. Lets see what happens. We are better off this year than in 2004 rankings wise. Just as we are not guaranteed 8 more wins, either is OSU or USuCk. One game at a time, guys.

:thumbsup: Exactly the point I was trying to make. We are getting way ahead of ourselves with only a third of the regular season completed.

I think Chad has a point in saying that we should demand respect from the media, or they will just get away with their same ole BS. At the same time I know we gotta win all the games to have this right. Its not whining, whining is something UAT does.

There is alot of football to be left to play against some very good teams. Instead of talking about lack of respect, let's make sure we don't eat crow in the process.

I hate to agree with this, but these are exactly my thoughts. We can make signs complaining about ESPN and every other thing, and how will that look if we lose. There is no such thing as a guarantee in football. I am waiting on an OSU or a USC loss or lucky escape this weekend to do the job for us.

I agree with both of you great minds think a like! Just win thats all the team can do no game is a gimmie!

AWK, I do agree that we need to demand respect from the media. ESPN's crap ticks me off and I would love to tell Corso what I think of him. Like you said and I said, we need to make sure we win all our games to demand respect. When game #12 comes along and we are still undefeated, then that is the time we need to demand respect if we are not getting it. Not after the fourth game of the season when we have only played two teams with a winning record. To me, that is a bit premature. I think the team can take care of business and win out, but it needs to be done first. Like CTT said, all :au: can do is win and not worry about the polls...they polls will take care of themselves.

To be honest, if we do win out and USC and OSU go undefeated also, you will probably hear more outrage across the nation then you ever have for the need for a playoff system. I don't think any true college football fan, regardless of where your loyalities lie, could say it was fair for a team to go undfeated two out of the last three years and be kept out of the BCS championship game. I don't even think ESPN is even dumb enough to get around that.

What are you willing to do to let the big ESPN/ABC/Disney corporation know the level of your dissatisfaction, AUChizad?

For one, I think the bringing signs that point out ESPN's hypocrisy to came day if they ever come is a brilliant start. But I'm not claiming to have all the answers. This is a message board. We're Auburn fans, by vast majority. I see no better place to come together and exchange ideas about what we can try to do to influence the nation's opinion of us than right here. I find it disappointing that approximately 75% of the board thinks that the topic shouldn't even be discussed. I'm sorry, but I'm not content with this lack of respect. If you care about the Auburn program, you shouldn't be either. I know we were the best team in 2004, and should again be at least in the number two spot in 2006. Also, as mentioned in the recent Gameday thread, the complete blackout of us as a program by the media sure isnt' helping the recruiting that this stellar program deserves.

I'll let the "dead horse" lie, for today at least. The last thing I want to do is piss members of this board off. I just wish people cared a little more that we're getting screwed right in front of our eyes, and rather than learn the lessons from 2004, are instead burying their heads in the sand.

Yeah! What he said!!! B)

:au::homer:

What are you willing to do to let the big ESPN/ABC/Disney corporation know the level of your dissatisfaction, AUChizad?

For one, I think the bringing signs that point out ESPN's hypocrisy to came day if they ever come is a brilliant start. But I'm not claiming to have all the answers. This is a message board. We're Auburn fans, by vast majority. I see no better place to come together and exchange ideas about what we can try to do to influence the nation's opinion of us than right here. I find it disappointing that approximately 75% of the board thinks that the topic shouldn't even be discussed. I'm sorry, but I'm not content with this lack of respect. If you care about the Auburn program, you shouldn't be either. I know we were the best team in 2004, and should again be at least in the number two spot in 2006. Also, as mentioned in the recent Gameday thread, the complete blackout of us as a program by the media sure isnt' helping the recruiting that this stellar program deserves.

I'll let the "dead horse" lie, for today at least. The last thing I want to do is piss members of this board off. I just wish people cared a little more that we're getting screwed right in front of our eyes, and rather than learn the lessons from 2004, are instead burying their heads in the sand.

Lead the charge, Sparticus. I suspect you'll find yourself tilting at windmills.

Yes, I know I mixed the metaphors and I'm OK with that.

As George Wallace once said, "they've created a Frankenstein Monster, and the chickens have come home to roost!"

I don't know what it means...but I like it!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

Guest Tigrinum Major

I've heard all I care to hear about the ESPN conspiracy.

It is what it is. The BCS is a joke.

Let's just win the games we have scheduled and let it shake out in whichever way ABC/ESPN/Disney want.

Let go of the anger, you'll feel better about watching our Tigers kick ass.

Do not pretend that you are like me.

Fellas, Fella's. I'm just like you. I put my pants on one leg at a time. It's just that when I put my pants on, I make gold records.

COCK OF THE WALK, BABY!

Yes, THE Bruce Dickinson.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Fellas, Fella's. I'm just like you. I put my pants on one leg at a time. It's just that when I put my pants on, I make gold records.

COCK OF THE WALK, BABY!

Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all be wearing gold-plated diapers.

Guest Tigrinum Major

The last thing I want to do is piss members of this board off.

Despite our differences, you are not capable of pissing me off. I don't take myself serious enough.

I've heard all I care to hear about the ESPN conspiracy.

It is what it is. The BCS is a joke.

Let's just win the games we have scheduled and let it shake out in whichever way ABC/ESPN/Disney want.

Let go of the anger, you'll feel better about watching our Tigers kick ass.

Do not pretend that you are like me.

I can parse with the best of 'em, Biggus.

COCK OF THE WALK, BABY!

Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all be wearing gold-plated diapers.

What does that mean?

Archived