What do you think?

chinook

auburn respect  

102 members have voted

1. 1. regarding aunation numerous topics about lack of respect

• quit whining until there is something to whine about
    • call the whaaambulance
    • continue whining

Stop whining and do what will HURT them...boycott Gameday and their sponsors...and all things Disney...except for "Pirates of the Caribbean". :lol:

:au::homer:

I don't get the lack of respect thing. Look, if we keep winning we'll get all the love we deserve. In 2004, despite what all the talking heads said on ESPN, the fact of the matter was that two perrenial powers in college football were preseason 1 & 2. They never lost, they never got voted out. Auburn got as much attention as either of those schools because of the season they had and the fact that they were odd man out. Plus, we have a coach that takes every oportunity to promote this program.

Auburn is #2 in the country right now. If we win out, and that's a HUGE "If", we'll get all the respect we can handle.

I don't get the lack of respect thing. Look, if we keep winning we'll get all the love we deserve. In 2004, despite what all the talking heads said on ESPN, the fact of the matter was that two perrenial powers in college football were preseason 1 & 2. They never lost, they never got voted out. Auburn got as much attention as either of those schools because of the season they had and the fact that they were odd man out. Plus, we have a coach that takes every oportunity to promote this program.

Auburn is #2 in the country right now. If we win out, and that's a HUGE "If", we'll get all the respect we can handle.

Auburn is #3 and slipping in both polls that matter at this point.

And if the media actually saw any of the Buffalo game, we'd be sittin' pretty at about #12. :P

Hey, Thursday night is prime time to showcase this program. If our boys go up there and slap those Cocks around....wait, no...If our guys lay out those Cocks....doh.....If our guys really beat the Cocks...uhh, never mind. :big:

I've heard all I care to hear about the ESPN conspiracy.

It is what it is. The BCS is a joke.

Let's just win the games we have scheduled and let it shake out in whichever way ABC/ESPN/Disney want.

Let go of the anger, you'll feel better about watching our Tigers kick ass.

I think the poll results would be a bit different if they were worded with less bias.

How about:

Should we...

Let the polls screw us again like they did in 2004 and keep our mouths shut about it like good boys & girls

Or

Stand up for ourselves and let it be known that we are aware of their blatant bias, and that we won't stand for it again.

What are you willing to do to let the big ESPN/ABC/Disney corporation know the level of your dissatisfaction, AUChizad?

Wes, you make too much sense; however, I'm guessing this weekend you won't be thinking sensibly.

Well???

Not a chance. Starting Friday at 11:45am, most of my brain is on vacation. I will be exercising my drinking and gambling faculties, but at no point will I make sense.

Not a chance. Starting Friday at 11:45am, most of my brain is on vacation. I will be exercising my drinking and gambling faculties, but at no point will I make sense.

Different venue same result!

What are you willing to do to let the big ESPN/ABC/Disney corporation know the level of your dissatisfaction, AUChizad?

For one, I think the bringing signs that point out ESPN's hypocrisy to came day if they ever come is a brilliant start. But I'm not claiming to have all the answers. This is a message board. We're Auburn fans, by vast majority. I see no better place to come together and exchange ideas about what we can try to do to influence the nation's opinion of us than right here. I find it disappointing that approximately 75% of the board thinks that the topic shouldn't even be discussed. I'm sorry, but I'm not content with this lack of respect. If you care about the Auburn program, you shouldn't be either. I know we were the best team in 2004, and should again be at least in the number two spot in 2006. Also, as mentioned in the recent Gameday thread, the complete blackout of us as a program by the media sure isnt' helping the recruiting that this stellar program deserves.

I'll let the "dead horse" lie, for today at least. The last thing I want to do is piss members of this board off. I just wish people cared a little more that we're getting screwed right in front of our eyes, and rather than learn the lessons from 2004, are instead burying their heads in the sand.

It does frustrate me - for example - even though we played Buffalo, we're the #2(AP) and #3(Coach's) team, yet we still don't get any highlights shown. I saw some highlights of Lester and one of Tate at a halftime show I think, but on the nightly roundup, nothing.

BUT, as long as we keep winning, we'll get our respect. If we go undefeated and we're still #3, then we can whine. Matter of fact, we may as well rape and pillage at that point, but that's a long, long, long way away.

We've got a national spotlight this Thurs where we can begin to make our statement that we belong on top, but we're gonna have to go out and prove it first.

There is alot of football to be left to play against some very good teams. Instead of talking about lack of respect, let's make sure we don't eat crow in the process.

For one, I think the bringing signs that point out ESPN's hypocrisy to came day if they ever come is a brilliant start. But I'm not claiming to have all the answers. This is a message board. We're Auburn fans, by vast majority. I see no better place to come together and exchange ideas about what we can try to do to influence the nation's opinion of us than right here. I find it disappointing that approximately 75% of the board thinks that the topic shouldn't even be discussed. I'm sorry, but I'm not content with this lack of respect. If you care about the Auburn program, you shouldn't be either. I know we were the best team in 2004, and should again be at least in the number two spot in 2006. Also, as mentioned in the recent Gameday thread, the complete blackout of us as a program by the media sure isnt' helping the recruiting that this stellar program deserves.

I'll let the "dead horse" lie, for today at least. The last thing I want to do is piss members of this board off. I just wish people cared a little more that we're getting screwed right in front of our eyes, and rather than learn the lessons from 2004, are instead burying their heads in the sand.

Lead the charge, Sparticus. I suspect you'll find yourself tilting at windmills.

Yes, I know I mixed the metaphors and I'm OK with that.

Indubitably. Now go kill some small woodland creatures and make excuses as to why you cannot attend this event.

Indubitably. Now go kill some small woodland creatures and make excuses as to why you cannot attend this event.

Oh I gotsta be saving the pennies. Got plenty of football coming up, deep sea fishing the last of October and the big smoke in Vegas the first of Novemeber.

There is alot of football to be left to play against some very good teams. Instead of talking about lack of respect, let's make sure we don't eat crow in the process.

I hate to agree with this, but these are exactly my thoughts. We can make signs complaining about ESPN and every other thing, and how will that look if we lose. There is no such thing as a guarantee in football. I am waiting on an OSU or a USC loss or lucky escape this weekend to do the job for us.

Auburn is #3 and slipping in both polls that matter at this point.

Actually we are gaining ground in the coaches poll and the Harris just came out this week so there is nothing to compare it to. All we need to worry about is the coaches poll since the Harris will simply mimic it each week.

i'm not one for crying and moaning in most cases, but the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

crying like a little girl got stoops and his chokers into the bcs championship game 2 consecutive seasons, so whining does work.

it would probably be different in my eyes if our own conferece commish would have taken up our charge in 2004, but it didn't happen and we can't expect any respect or assistance from anyone outside of the Auburn family.

so do what you want, i won't criticize either way.

Archived