shut the heck up about the polls

bojack34

IMO worrying about the pollsters is one of the major reasons :au: has not played like they did against LSU. I think the players and coaches are listening to the fans and media too much about the polls and impressing everybody instead of just playing the game. Way too much looking ahead going on instead of focusing on the game at hand. I can name numerous teams that have won national championships without blowing everybody out. Remember the 92' national champs that went and beatdown Miami? Well they did'nt have an explosive offense and blew very few teams out that year. Remember the SEC is the toughest conference in college football so we have a long way to go yet.

Well, I think this season is much different than 2 years ago, none of the top teams have proved to be dominant. It could happen, but I find it unlikely that there will be 3 undefeated teams when the final BCS rankings are compiled. I find it more likely that there may be one unbeaten and 4 or 5 one loss teams trying to get into the CG.

Well, I think this season is much different than 2 years ago, none of the top teams have proved to be dominant. It could happen, but I find it unlikely that there will be 3 undefeated teams when the final BCS rankings are compiled. I find it more likely that there may be one unbeaten and 4 or 5 one loss teams trying to get into the CG.

yeah I agree nobody has really impressed me yet. it seems all the teams have had games they struggled in especially when they played someone that was competitive.

yeah I agree nobody has really impressed me yet. it seems all the teams have had games they struggled in especially when they played someone that was competitive.

The way the season has started, anything can happen. There just seems to be a collection of very good teams in the top 10, but none are excellent. If Auburnwins out, they could wind up with the toughest schedule ranking by the end of the season. Though, all the rest of the unbeatens either have upcoming games against each other or have games in which they could easily get beaten.

IMO worrying about the pollsters is one of the major reasons :au: has not played like they did against LSU. I think the players and coaches are listening to the fans and media too much about the polls and impressing everybody instead of just playing the game. Way too much looking ahead going on instead of focusing on the game at hand.

I sir, stand and applaud you :clap::clap:

IMO worrying about the pollsters is one of the major reasons :au: has not played like they did against LSU. I think the players and coaches are listening to the fans and media too much about the polls and impressing everybody instead of just playing the game. Way too much looking ahead going on instead of focusing on the game at hand. I can name numerous teams that have won national championships without blowing everybody out. Remember the 92' national champs that went and beatdown Miami? Well they did'nt have an explosive offense and blew very few teams out that year. Remember the SEC is the toughest conference in college football so we have a long way to go yet.

I beg to differ. the reason that we were "flat" against Buffalo and USC can be summed up because of: injuries, poor/vanilla defensive schemes and poor execution. Special teams (Kudos Bliss) and the offense have done well considering BC and KI's injuries. OL concerns me a bit...

Let's no cry about the polls in December and say well if coulda done this in this game or if... It will be too late. See my post from the 2004 season. I raised the poll issue early in the season and many said that style point didn't count. hey did and still do. It's the system. We let Bama make the score look closer than what was reality in the the game. We allowed UT to do the same in the SEC CG.

Let's wait and see if OSU can make it past Iowa this weekend, then see what happens in the polls. Oh yea, we still need to win out too. B)

In 2004 AU started out at #17 and dropped after the first week then started moving up after that. The big thing was that #1 & #2 never lost.

Let's see how Ohio St. plays against Iowa today & SoCal against Wash St.

If AUBURN were to win out, they would have played 4 to 5 teams ranked in the top 10. Style points be dammed, no other team in the nation would have done that.

I beg to differ. the reason that we were "flat" against Buffalo and USC can be summed up because of: injuries, poor/vanilla defensive schemes and poor execution. Special teams (Kudos Bliss) and the offense have done well considering BC and KI's injuries. OL concerns me a bit...

Let's no cry about the polls in December and say well if coulda done this in this game or if... It will be too late. See my post from the 2004 season. I raised the poll issue early in the season and many said that style point didn't count. hey did and still do. It's the system. We let Bama make the score look closer than what was reality in the the game. We allowed UT to do the same in the SEC CG.

Let's wait and see if OSU can make it past Iowa this weekend, then see what happens in the polls. Oh yea, we still need to win out too. B)

injuries? come on man it was buffalo :au: should have beat them by 40 with the scout team.Poor execution, i agree. Maybe, I emphasize maybe we had poor execution because we were not focusing on the game at hand and instead style points. OL has not been the same OL we have been used to in the past either but I believe as the season goes on they will jell more and more.

I disagree that the players and coaches get caught up in it - in fact, given all the way, way, waaaaay premature talk about SEC and national titles, polls, etc. - I think they've done a good job maintaining focus. No, we didn't look great against South Carolina, but I thought the players' effort and intensity was fine. The "problem," if there was one, was that CTT / CWM (or whoever the real Auburn DC is) got their fannies handed to him / them by the Dark Lord Spurrier. That said, they still made enough calls, and the players made enough plays, to beat an inspired opponent in front of a hostile crowd. I, for one, will take it and move on.

If anyone's guilty of looking ahead and getting caught up in the polls, it's us . . .

ONE . . . GAME . . . AT . . . A . . . TIME . . . PERIOD.

That is all. :au:

Archived