Turberville Sounds Off

AFTiger

"It's like people want you to apologize for winning," Tuberville said. "We're not going to apologize. I don't know if we have a great team, but I know we are good. These kids play as a team and they play hard. We knew we were walking into a trap. The kids hung in there and won the game.

Linky Dinky

Shug once said "We were winning games but not the stats. We started worrying about the stats and began to lose ballgames."

"It's like people want you to apologize for winning," Tuberville said. "We're not going to apologize. I don't know if we have a great team, but I know we are good. These kids play as a team and they play hard. We knew we were walking into a trap. The kids hung in there and won the game.

Linky Dinky

Shug once said "We were winning games but not the stats. We started worrying about the stats and began to lose ballgames."

I love his quote Im glad that he is Auburns coach what a stud he is! he is not going to apologize for a win that is what I want to here! :moon:

Whatever it takes to win. Everything else will take care if itself.

Agreed. No sense stressing over things that can't be controlled. All Auburn needs to do is win the next one.

BTW-All the fans of SEC schools are complaining about the lack of respect from the national media. UF got some "love" yesterday, but that may go away after their next three games.

In my opinion Tommy Tuberville was the deciding factor of the USC game.If he didn't have jewels the size of grapefruits we probably would have lost that game.But on the other hand he wouldn't have,had to resort to the ole mojo bag if Groves would have just fallen down and let the Offense dl it's thang.

In my opinion Tommy Tuberville was the deciding factor of the USC game.If he didn't have jewels the size of grapefruits we probably would have lost that game.But on the other hand he wouldn't have,had to resort to the ole mojo bag if Groves would have just fallen down and let the Offense dl it's thang.

I have to agree with most of that. However, adrenalin/endorphin/dopamine have a heroin-like affect on the mind, which would explain Groves logic at the time of the fumble advancement. Excitement is an emotion along with extreme happiness (of accomplishment) and fear (of loss), were probably some of the emotions causing chemical releases controlled by the brain. In other words, he wasn't necessarily himself at that moment. It's practically impossible to describe unless you've been there naturally. I'm happy for him. That kind of enjoyment should not be minimized by trivialities such as "he made a mistake." On the contrary, he did what his instincts told him to do and I'm damn proud of him regardless of the outcome.

CTT is classy. Some people may not agree with what he does at times, but no one can argue that the man does not have a lot of class.

That being said, to kick an onsides kick and recover it, posessing the ball the entire 3rd quarter...which makes the difference in the came....that takes balls.

Archived