LSU @ Florida

iam4LSU08

Hey Auburn Fans, what do you think about our matchup with Florida in Gainesville on Saturday? I'm kinda concerned because our running game has been shaky.

After seeing both teams play several times this year I would have to give the nod to LSU. You guys looked very good today (even if it was against MSU). I think LSU will be able to run and pass on the Gators.

In fact I hope you guys beat Florida up as bad as you did AUBURN two weeks ago. Leave the Gators sore, bruised, limping and a bunch of walking wounded. Especially since AU plays them the week after! I don't want anyone hurt bad, just real sore and still getting over the beating the Bayou Bengal's put on them. :)

florida may have the best defensive front in the conference. it seems like a tall task for the running game to "get going" against one of the top rush defenses in the nation. i don't expect you to be able to consistenly run the ball, but if you protect russell, you got a chance. those receivers can find space against most teams, and he's got the best arm in the country.

other side of the ball, florida isn't a running team either, and your boys are no slouches at stuffing it. if tebow can find anything on the ground, i'll be shocked. leak's gonna have to win this one with his arm.

all in all, i expect 20 would be more than enough to win, 14 is probably good enough. i'll be pulling for the gators b/c it looks better for us to beat an undefeated florida team (the herbie is already hyping) than a one-loss team. if we lose it doesn't matter how many losses they have. BUT i think lsu has the better team (especially in the secondary, and like i said, this game's gonna be won in the air) so i think you'll win.

Put the ball in Jamarcus Russell's hands and let him connect with those stud receivers all day long. If he is half as accurate as he was against :msu: , the Tigahs will win by 2 TD's at least.

I don't think Tebow will have the success running the ball against the Tiger D as he has up to this point.

LSU will roll Florida, i'm still not impressed with the Gators or the Vols. Now that they have found a QB South Carolina could represent the East in the Championship game. :blink::blink:

LSU will roll Florida, i'm still not impressed with the Gators or the Vols. Now that they have found a QB South Carolina could represent the East in the Championship game. :blink::blink:

South Carolina has two conference losses already and games still with Tennessee and @ Florida. They're essentially three games back of Georgia. They're all but done re: the SEC race.

I think LSU goes into Gainesville and beats Florida...20-13.

I think LSU wins this one. Too strong on Defense. If UF had that much trouble with Bama, I bet it's worse with LSU. I still can't believe that they are putting Tebow in. Leak still has heisman numbers. I think Urban is pretty stupid for this. He might be doing well when he gets in, but you never know what that does to Leak.

LSU wins this one. It will be a passing contest. It could be a high scoring deal too.

Prediction: It goes exactly like the Bama game. :lsu: will score first and lead for most of the game. :uf: scores late and takes the lead. :lsu: comes from behind late. :lsu: wins it.

LSU LSU LSU LSU

However I will be rooting on the gators just because I hope that they will be #5 when they play :au:

I do not like Florida so it will be hard to root for them against the Tighers.

LSU should win this game, with not a whole lot of problems. The Gators will not have and answer for LSU's running and passing attack. LSU's D should smother Leak and once down Tebow will be a nonfactor. Also, the Gators leading rusher is out: Deshawn Wynn.

:au:

LSU should win this game, with not a whole lot of problems. The Gators will not have and answer for LSU's running and passing attack. LSU's D should smother Leak and once down Tebow will be a nonfactor. Also, the Gators leading rusher is out: Deshawn Wynn.

:au:

Appearances and media pimping aside, the West is stronger than the East as always. LSU should win.

I'm a little confused as to how a struggling win over a middle of the pack Alabama team at their own house vaults UF into BCS-NC conversation, but I will be loooking forward to a physical LSU beatdown of the Gators. As the season plays out, I think the Auburn win over LSU will count for more than a potential win over Florida might.

Florida has sputtered in the first half on both sides of the ball. By halftime, LSU will have 21 points on the board which will be too much for the Florida offense to overcome.

LSU by 17 (but still kicking themselves over the AU loss)

LSU should win this game. With their running game being a bit suspect, and Florida having a good run D, I think they should take an approach that is not common to the SEC, which is passing to open up the run. LSU has enough quality depth at WR to spread the UF defense out and get favorable matchups outside. If they can connect on a few and get the Gator D back on its heels, then the running lanes may start to open up. On the other side of the ball... well, I'm not going to analyze it too much, save to say that LSU has the best defense in America, and Florida's offense is not spectacular. LSU by 14.

The next two weeks the Gators will be exposed for the pretenders to the throne that they are. LSU should trounce the Gators soundly. They had trouble with an awful Bama squad who couldn't even generate an offensive touchdown. Could get ugly in the swamp.

LSU -- no contest. UF did not look impressive at all against uat. How hard is it to figure out that when Tebow comes in at QB, he's going to run it? Btw, UF found a hole in the right side of the uat DL and ran through it the whole game.

I think the game is closer than people think, it is in the Swamp and Urban doesn't wanna cry after losing to LSU...again.

:lsu: -27

:uf: -10

Who do we want to win? My logic says we want Florida to win. A clash of undefeateds on ESPN at night opposite OSU blowing out Michigan State on ABC would be great. Also, being 3 games ahead of LSU pending the Arkansas game would be nice .

lsu will kill florida 41-10 in a runaway. this is my bold prediction one week ahead of time.

I strongly agree. LSU by at least 17. They will assume the role that AU did last year after we lost to LSU. They will look like the best team in the sec by the end of the year. AU will not lose a game but LSU will look better.

LSU wins this one. It will be a passing contest. It could be a high scoring deal too.

Prediction: It goes exactly like the Bama game. :lsu: will score first and lead for most of the game. :uf: scores late and takes the lead. :lsu: comes from behind late. :lsu: wins it.

Hate to disagree, if it is, only one team will score a bunch.

I look at it like a similar game to ours. Either someone wins big, or it is close, but I still don't see a ton of points in a road game for LSU. It may be out of balance, but not a lot of scoring unless someone doesn't show up...

Ok, maybe it will be...

Geaux LSU!! You bastages!!!

Who do we want to win? My logic says we want Florida to win. A clash of undefeateds on ESPN at night opposite OSU blowing out Michigan State on ABC would be great. Also, being 3 games ahead of LSU pending the Arkansas game would be nice .

I agree with the logic of wanting the Gators to win so they will come into JHS ranked #5. (You make a very good point about the game being on opposite OSU and the breathing room between AU and LSU.) However in the long run a LSU win could benefit AU more if Auburn runs the table. Currently LSU is ranked #9 AP and #10 coaches. Looking at both teams schedules I see more potential losses in the future for UF than I do for LSU. UF still has the annual cocktail party, a home game against USC, (we all now know what they are capable of) and the year end finale at FSU. The toughest game remaining for LSU will be their trip to Knoxville on Nov. 4th. If LSU leaves Florida with a win, I feel it’s highly likely they may finish with the one loss to AU.

UF's remaining schedule

Sat. Oct. 14 12:00 p.m. ET at Auburn

Sat. Oct. 28 3:30 p.m. ET Georgia

Sat. Nov. 4 2:00 p.m. ET at Vanderbilt

Sat. Nov. 11 11:00 a.m. ET South Carolina

Sat. Nov. 18 11:00 a.m. ET Western Carolina

Sat. Nov. 25 11:00 a.m. ET at Florida State

LSU's remaining schedule

Sat. Oct. 14 TBA Kentucky

Sat. Oct. 21 12:00 p.m. ET Fresno State

Sat. Nov. 4 TBA at Tennessee

Sat. Nov. 11 TBA Alabama

Sat. Nov. 18 TBA Mississippi

Fri. Nov. 24 2:30 p.m. ET at Arkansas

With all of that said I just hope Auburn takes care of business against the hogs.

WAR EAGLE!

DSC_0980_crop.jpg

Archived