LSU @ Florida

iam4LSU08

I think LSU wins this one. Too strong on Defense. If UF had that much trouble with Bama, I bet it's worse with LSU. I still can't believe that they are putting Tebow in. Leak still has heisman numbers. I think Urban is pretty stupid for this. He might be doing well when he gets in, but you never know what that does to Leak.

Did UF really have trouble with Bama? UF only allowed 6 points from the Bama Offense...the lone TD came on a fumble returned for a TD. UF looks to be pretty good to me, they have a strong second half team, however they do have some weaknesses mainly their running game and their ability to stop the pass. But they have a hell of a run defense and can score quite quickly.

Frankly I think this should be a pretty good game, for LSU to win they are gonna have to get into an passing attack with the gators. I am actually hoping for UF to win only because I want them ranked high and undefeated when they play us. In actuality I think LSU will probably win the game, their defense is to good for UF to handle.

Who do we want to win? My logic says we want Florida to win. A clash of undefeateds on ESPN at night opposite OSU blowing out Michigan State on ABC would be great. Also, being 3 games ahead of LSU pending the Arkansas game would be nice .

I agree with the logic of wanting the Gators to win so they will come into JHS ranked #5. (You make a very good point about the game being on opposite OSU and the breathing room between AU and LSU.) However in the long run a LSU win could benefit AU more if Auburn runs the table. Currently LSU is ranked #9 AP and #10 coaches. Looking at both teams schedules I see more potential losses in the future for UF than I do for LSU. UF still has the annual cocktail party, a home game against USC, (we all now know what they are capable of) and the year end finale at FSU. The toughest game remaining for LSU will be their trip to Knoxville on Nov. 4th. If LSU leaves Florida with a win, I feel it’s highly likely they may finish with the one loss to AU.

I believe the computer polls and SOS are all determined by the ranking when the game is played not how the teams end up.

There are good reasons to pull for either fla or lsu. I just hope that lsu physically beats the he11 out of fla and leaves them beat up like they did us.

I believe the computer polls and SOS are all determined by the ranking when the game is played not how the teams end up.

You would be wrong in that belief. The SOS component was removed from the official BCS calculation after the 2003 season. (Bad luck on AU's part then too, because AU had a higher SOS than either OU or SC that season.) I don't know what weighting poll position is given each week to the various computer ranking systems because they usually don't reveal the algorithms they use due to propietary concerns (e.g. Jeff Sagarin.) I would think the AP or USA Today/Coaches poll position of teams isn't factored in by the computer ranking systems (circular references & stuff.)

It's safe to assume poll position only matters to the pollsters. AU will get credit for beating UF regardless if UF is undefeated or not. UF is a media darling team right now by the talking heads. Usually, 2-headed QB systems are regarded as contoversial. Not UF's. I think this is because UF hasn't struggled too much while using it -- yet. The LSU & AU defenses will show why the 2-headed QB system is a bad idea.

Who do we want to win? My logic says we want Florida to win. A clash of undefeateds on ESPN at night opposite OSU blowing out Michigan State on ABC would be great. Also, being 3 games ahead of LSU pending the Arkansas game would be nice .

I agree with the logic of wanting the Gators to win so they will come into JHS ranked #5. (You make a very good point about the game being on opposite OSU and the breathing room between AU and LSU.) However in the long run a LSU win could benefit AU more if Auburn runs the table. Currently LSU is ranked #9 AP and #10 coaches. Looking at both teams schedules I see more potential losses in the future for UF than I do for LSU. UF still has the annual cocktail party, a home game against USC, (we all now know what they are capable of) and the year end finale at FSU. The toughest game remaining for LSU will be their trip to Knoxville on Nov. 4th. If LSU leaves Florida with a win, I feel it’s highly likely they may finish with the one loss to AU.

I completely agree AUfan59. I want the Gators undefeated for when they travel to JHS for the same reasons. That said, I think LSU comes away victorious, by two touchdowns or so.

Who wins though doesn't really matter in the polls. If we beat UF, then we would have a win over a one loss team (i.e. who ever wins the UF/LSU game). So the original comemnt if off a little.

You would be wrong in that belief. The SOS component was removed from the official BCS calculation after the 2003 season. (Bad luck on AU's part then too, because AU had a higher SOS than either OU or SC that season.) I don't know what weighting poll position is given each week to the various computer ranking systems because they usually don't reveal the algorithms they use due to propietary concerns (e.g. Jeff Sagarin.) I would think the AP or USA Today/Coaches poll position of teams isn't factored in by the computer ranking systems (circular references & stuff.)

It's safe to assume poll position only matters to the pollsters. AU will get credit for beating UF regardless if UF is undefeated or not. UF is a media darling team right now by the talking heads. Usually, 2-headed QB systems are regarded as contoversial. Not UF's. I think this is because UF hasn't struggled too much while using it -- yet. The LSU & AU defenses will show why the 2-headed QB system is a bad idea.

Uhh actually you are wrong the SOS was not removed from the BCS it was reduced and is still factored into the computer polls which last time I checked was still included in the BCS configuration. And you think that beating LSU or UF really matters more than the other? These talking heads are so fickle they only remember one game...the last one. It will be much better to defeat an undefeated UF team at home (more of a media darling than LSU, IMO) than for them to have 1 loss coming in....but bottom line it probably doesnt really matter either way, as long as we win. :au:

Archived