Will Herring For Heisman

torpedo1

Imagine if he started at LB from the very begginning, he would be even better now, not mentioning his reliability! Wish CTT believe it's not too late to promote him. :au:

I had to chuckle when I read this article. Their are AU "fans", some even on this board, that have criticized Will his entire career. ALL he has done is lead the team in tackles for the past THREE years.

Will is a True Student of the Game and a GREAT young MAN. I am proud that he cast his lot with the AUBURN TIGERS!

I've criticized him. Not this season. He looks great! I thought the move to linebacker was perfect. He always makes a lot of tackles, but when he was at safety he would make some critical mistakes. Now that he's at linebacker, he can't make those.

I had to chuckle when I read this article. Their are AU "fans", some even on this board, that have criticized Will his entire career. ALL he has done is lead the team in tackles for the past THREE years.

Will is a True Student of the Game and a GREAT young MAN. I am proud that he cast his lot with the AUBURN TIGERS!

Personally, the only criticism that I've ever expressed of Will...and I didn't do it in public...was that he was a step slow as a safety...i.e. he didn't have great revovery speed...which I think is legit. That said...I think he's a terrific linebacker, with GREAT speed for that position.

:au::homer:

I have always liked Will Herring. Its fun to see a white boy make those kind of plays on defense. Both him and David Irons are full of energy on D.

Tre Smith was another guy that always impressed me. He's not the most athletic kid on the team by a longshot. He makes alot of mistakes, etc. But man, does he have heart and energy. Its fun to see him on the field because just about every mistake he makes, he'll make up for it sooner or later. He plays with more heart than many players I've seen, even at Auburn. Tre and Will both.

Maybe its just cause they're caucasian.

Ryan

Maybe its just cause they're caucasian.

Ryan

Not trying to instigate here Ryan but Ted Bundy was caucasian as well. Were you pulling for him?

I believe Will was on some of the coaches first or second team All-Conference teams last year at his safety position. That comes from guys who coached against him and watch tons of film on him. Mr. Herring was probably a little more proficient at his position than we might think.

I only meant that they're white and you don't see lot of white boys playing those positions now a days. No racist or terrorist sentiment intended.

Oh yeah,and flush, "I thought I told that guy a thousand times I don't roll on Shomer Shabbos!"

Ryan

Great LB, decent Safety. The last thing you want on your team is a Safety to be leading the team in tackles, that just means that the front seven are not containing the backs and escaping into the secondary.

Will will never be a Heisman candidate, that award is too obessed with looking pretty (eg RB, QB...) But an All-American? No doubt about it.

above average safety. nfl caliber linebacker.

he was one of the top 3 or 4 safeties in the sec. now? he's easily the best linebacker on our team, and i'd say one of the top 3 or 4 linebackers in the sec (at a position with MUCH more depth). i'd take him over brandon siler, juwan simpson, earl everett, and olajabutu (sp?) right now... and i think all those guys (except maybe simpson) were all-sec last year. right now, only patrick willis and tony taylor are playing on his level (at least in games i've seen).

I've criticized him. Not this season. He looks great! I thought the move to linebacker was perfect. He always makes a lot of tackles, but when he was at safety he would make some critical mistakes. Now that he's at linebacker, he can't make those.

Will was also having to provide backup cover for some of his secondary mates back then as well. Some of those instances where it seemed Will was in the wrong weren't necessarily his fault.

Archived