We need a new DL and a New QB

ProgRock

I've said it before and I'll say it again Cox's inability to throw the ball long consistantly is making us extremely LIMITED.He can't run and won't run, he hold's the ball forever and totally ignores the pocket closing around him.....when it was time to run a 2:00 offense I knew what would happen ......yep....a lot of draw plays out of shotgun.When was the last time we ran a pass play out of shotgun on 1st down....well we need to do it more,because running a quick offense behind center is NOT working for a pourus OL and a slow QB who eyes one receiver like a camera on Paris Hilton.That's one problem.now for the rest...

The defense.....our DL is weak they have no strength nor speed IF they do.....show me the money where's the sacks where's the pressure.Where's the stops behind the line?TO far between to be seen.

We need something and we need it fast....It's time to play a lot more recklessly NOW.We've been to conservative on both sides of the ball.If we loose at least it will be by playing aggressive.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it before and I'll say it again Cox's inability to throw the ball long consistantly is making us extremely LIMITED.He can't run and won't run, he hold's the ball forever and totally ignores the pocket closing around him.....when it was time to run a 2:00 offense I knew what would happen ......yep....a lot of draw plays out of shotgun.When was the last time we ran a pass play out of shotgun on 1st down....well we need to do it more,because running a quick offense behind center is NOT working for a pourus OL and a slow QB who eyes one receiver like a camera on Paris Hilton.That's one problem.now for the rest...

The defense.....our DL is weak they have no strength nor speed IF they do.....show me the money where's the sacks where's the pressure.Where's the stops behind the line?TO far between to be seen.

We need something and we need it fast....It's time to play a lot more recklessly NOW.We've been to conservative on both sides of the ball.If we loose at least it will be by playing aggressive.

As the announcers said, Cox is holding the ball because WRs aren't getting open. We miss Mix, Obomanu and Aromashodu more than I thought we would.

Really, you could see our recievers down field the entire game....so you knew that Cox just couldnt throw to them. How about they couldnt get open or were running poor routes. How bout 2 passes that were thrown long that were dropped and misjudged by CT. How about the fact that we were behind by 14 and everyone knew we were going to throw...give me a break.

As the announcers said, Cox is holding the ball because WRs aren't getting open. We miss Mix, Obomanu and Aromashodu more than I thought we would.

I also think we caught you still banged up at QB & RB. If we played you 3 more times I don't know if we'd win or not. But we did today. No flukes, no bad calls, just a 'W'.

Hope you came out of the game healthy....

:arky: longtimeHogfan :arky:

But we didn't throw,we ran draws and short screens.OH we missed a long one...uhmmm yeah so let's don't try it again?If the WR aren't getting open the PUT SOMEONE ELSE IN.Remember if you will that's how Obamanou and Aroshamadu got there start in the first place people weren't catching the ball a lot of drops and CTT but two true freshmen it and it payed off.Hey my friend someone on this board has a saying that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results.Give you break ok....one break coming up.

yeah tigers518 but every quarterback from the time they played middle school ball was told that they had 3 seconds to throw... if nobody is open due to poor route running or good coverage, that ball MUST be thrown away. Better an incomplete pass than a loss of 7. Brandon doesn't seem to have that clock this year.

I would tell our boys that nobody has a starting position for next week's game until they earn it this week in practice, on both sides of the ball.

Now to play-calling... Our first drive we had them on their heels; two first downs right in a row. Then we bring in Tre Smith who of course loses yards for us. I know hindsight is 20-20 but why would you pull out a trick play when Arkansas was reeling and our O was moving the ball?

War Eagle and let's take it to the Gators.

But we didn't throw,we ran draws and short screens.OH we missed a long one...uhmmm yeah so let's don't try it again?If the WR aren't getting open the PUT SOMEONE ELSE IN.Remember if you will that's how Obamanou and Aroshamadu got there start in the first place people weren't catching the ball a lot of drops and CTT but two true freshmen it and it payed off.Hey my friend someone on this board has a saying that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results.Give you break ok....one break coming up.

Didnt throw huh....what do you call 29 attempts? I swear you people come out of the wood work when we lose, do you enjoy complaining? You are probably one of those guys thats complains when we run all the time too.

Keep in mind,I don't think Cox is the sole problem but he is one of the problem.

OL isn't that great

DL is poor as of now.

We basically have two great RB's ,T Davis who is never used and C Taylor and D Irons.Brock is pretty good.Kicking team's great....as that's about it.

Everything else needs a rehaul.

Didnt throw huh....what do you call 29 attempts? I swear you people come out of the wood work when we lose, do you enjoy complaining? You are probably one of those guys thats complains when we run all the time too.

I like complaining about Auburn losing about as much as you like to complain about me complaining.

Yes I don't like it when we run all the time....if you do not practice the pass in real situations you're not balanced and it will bite you especially when coming from behind...We're not balanced offensively and confused and mistackling on D.

Keep in mind,I don't think Cox is the sole problem but he is one of the problem.

OL isn't that great

DL is poor as of now.

We basically have two great RB's ,T Davis who is never used and C Taylor and D Irons.Brock is pretty good.Kicking team's great....as that's about it.

Everything else needs a rehaul.

Maybe it was the fact that you said we needed a new QB and DL that led be to believe that you were blaming Cox, that and your rant about him. Last time I checked football is a team sport, and today the whole team played poorly, no excuses, but the year isnt over this team can say a lot about itself against UF next week.

I like complaining about Auburn losing about as much as you like to complain about me complaining.

Yes I don't like it when we run all the time....if you do not practice the pass in real situations you're not balanced and it will bite you especially when coming from behind...We're not balanced offensively and confused and mistackling on D.

And I'm not complaining about you, I could care less about fair weather Auburn fans who make silly statements.

Dude I don't even want to think of FLA. right now....eekkk!! I'm not by any means giving the win to them,but this team needs a new personality and it needs to be more of an aggressive one.Conservatism is killing us right now.

And I'm not complaining about you, I could care less about fair weather Auburn fans who make silly statements.

Then why reply at all?

because you dont know what your talking about, and thank you for confirming that you were indeed a fair weather fan who made an stupid generalization.

because you dont know what your talking about, and thank you for confirming that you were indeed a fair weather fan who made an stupid generalization.

So me not knowing what I'm talking about MADE you reply.clap clap clap...here's to you professor and what ever creditals got you to your lofty position.Generalization seems I was pretty specific?

Then why reply at all?

To balance out your noise? :puke:

We need some spark. It sure was not there today. At all. We were flat from the time we got off the bus. That was a team effort in losing, not one individual falling on their face.

Worse Auburn Team Effort in many years. Embarrassing.

But as of about 2:15 this afternoon it was over, so we need to get up off the floor, figure out and implement our changes, and get ready for a tough Florida team next week. The MNC is most likely out of reach, but a trip to Atlanta is not.

Best idea in this thread was that nobody has a starting position next week until after a hard week of practice.

Let's move along. This is just getting into a personal slap fight instead of a discussion.

True. "These are not the droids you are looking for."

They are still out on the field chasing McFadden. :no:

So me not knowing what I'm talking about MADE you reply.clap clap clap...here's to you professor and what ever creditals got you to your lofty position.Generalization seems I was pretty specific?

I dont need any credentials, anyone that comes on an Auburn board after watching that game and strictly blames Cox and the DL like you did, doesnt know what the heck they are talking about. Either that or your a Bama fan trying to get people stired up, so which one is it?

Eat me TITAN.......I had enough of the sunshine pumming crap.....BY

Eat me TITAN.......I had enough of the sunshine pumming crap.....BY

and Thank you for proving my point...dont let the door hit you on the way out! :au:

Where the hell was Will Herring? I don't think I heard his name 1 time today.. Very odd. Sears is off suspension, still not playing. I say we move Herring back, and get Sears and Blackmon some playing time at LB. Actually, thats probably a pretty dumb idea, but I am desperate for consistency on the defense.

Where the hell was Will Herring? I don't think I heard his name 1 time today.. Very odd. Sears is off suspension, still not playing. I say we move Herring back, and get Sears and Blackmon some playing time at LB. Actually, thats probably a pretty dumb idea, but I am desperate for consistency on the defense.

I heard his name once, when he had a shot at a tackle and missed it. Also, I remember seeing Sears in the game, but I didn't hear anyone's name on D very much today unless it was for the classic "<insert name here> had a shot at him."

Archived