We need a new DL and a New QB

ProgRock

When I watch LSU and other teams, their defenses look big. Ours use to be like that, but Tuberville said that he thought speed was more important than size. He says we have the quickest defense that we have had since he was at Auburn. Speed works on some teams, but with a team like Arkansas, who can run very well.. It doesn't matter one bit.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I watch LSU and other teams, their defenses look big. Ours use to be like that, but Tuberville said that he thought speed was more important than size. He says we have the quickest defense that we have had since he was at Auburn. Speed works on some teams, but with a team like Arkansas, who can run very well.. It doesn't matter one bit.

I agree 100%. I have been commenting on this since it happened. Speed is nice, but it's no reason to sacrifice size in the SEC. I think some of it is our inability to recruit larger players for those positions for whatever reasons.

Eat me TITAN.......I had enough of the sunshine pumming crap.....BY

First, enjoy a week's vacation courtesy of your big mouth and slow mind.

I didn't say you could discuss the game, I just was telling you guys to knock off the personal crap. But you had to kick it up a notch.

And it's "bye", moron.

Eat me TITAN.......I had enough of the sunshine pumming crap.....BY

First, enjoy a week's vacation courtesy of your big mouth and slow mind.

I didn't say you could discuss the game, I just was telling you guys to knock off the personal crap. But you had to kick it up a notch.

And it's "bye", moron.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Stop being a horse's behind. Your posts are on mod pre-approval status until further notice.

Was that directed at me? I certainly didn't come on your board to throw anything in your face. We were lucky with Vandy and Bama...but today, we just put it all together.

I hope you whup the Gator's with a knotted plow line!

Stop being a horse's behind. Your posts are on mod pre-approval status until further notice.

Was that directed at me? I certainly didn't come on your board to throw anything in your face. We were lucky with Vandy and Bama...but today, we just put it all together.

I hope you whup the Gator's with a knotted plow line!

No, I edited his post when he replied like an idiot to you when you were a winner with class.

Titan, trust me I was holding back from getting personal with the guy, it just bothers the heck out of me when someone comes out of the wood work to spout crap. That and I was already in a mood after the loss.

The two areas needing immediate improvement are the offensive line and wide receivers. I think we are missing our starting center and Sr. WR's (from last year) more then anything.

Ryan, I tried saying that after the SECCG against Tennessee back in '04 and got my butt chewed out. Back then, I didn't press the issue any further.

Come on guys,

Some Auburn fans are just upset right now. This is a tough loss. Before today, many thought that we had a legitimite shot at a national championship.

Now, it's another 12 months of having to listen to "Got 12?" or "How many national championships has Auburn won?" Trust me, all of this talk from Bama fans would stop if and when Auburn wins a national title. Most people thought that we had the team this year to do it. We had the QB, we had the Running back, we had a top ten defense, and we had a favorable schedule.

Then, we lose to a freshmen QB and a high school coach. Our national title hopes are no more and it looks like our SEC Title hopes went up in smoke as well.

Now, it's another year of listening to Bama fans taunting us. I can just hear them now, "Even at Auburn's peak they get smoked by Arkansas." That's what most Auburn fans will be subjected to in the up and coming weeks.

So even though I don't condone my actions from earlier today or the actions of the gentlemen who posted this comment, I can understand his frustration. He's not any less of an Auburn fan. He's not a Bama fan in disguise. He's not some lurker who comes in here only to complain.

He's just a frustrated Auburn fan right now who has just witnessed one of the worst losses in school history. At least give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's just a frustrated Auburn fan right now who has just witnessed one of the worst losses in school history. At least give him the benefit of the doubt.

Which is why he got a week's vacation to cool off rather than an outright banning. He ran his keyboard before stopping to read my post. All I wanted him (and others) to do was get back to discussing the game and stop with the petty bickering. Nothing wears me out more than fellow fans turning on each other after a loss.

Come on guys,

Some Auburn fans are just upset right now. This is a tough loss. Before today, many thought that we had a legitimite shot at a national championship.

Now, it's another 12 months of having to listen to "Got 12?" or "How many national championships has Auburn won?" Trust me, all of this talk from Bama fans would stop if and when Auburn wins a national title. Most people thought that we had the team this year to do it. We had the QB, we had the Running back, we had a top ten defense, and we had a favorable schedule.

Then, we lose to a freshmen QB and a high school coach. Our national title hopes are no more and it looks like our SEC Title hopes went up in smoke as well.

Now, it's another year of listening to Bama fans taunting us. I can just hear them now, "Even at Auburn's peak they get smoked by Arkansas." That's what most Auburn fans will be subjected to in the up and coming weeks.

So even though I don't condone my actions from earlier today or the actions of the gentlemen who posted this comment, I can understand his frustration. He's not any less of an Auburn fan. He's not a Bama fan in disguise. He's not some lurker who comes in here only to complain.

This season is far from being over! However, I doubt seriously Auburn will beat Florida. We appear to be inept. I don't think we have to worry about Borges leaving anytime soon. Right now I wish we had our defensive coordinator back from last year. Hope the team and coaches prove me wrong. Beat Florida, and we may be right back in it.

I wouldn't say perfect... the first one was where it was supposed to be but the second was behind CT and he had to go back for it. Should it have been caught? Yes, but it wasn't perfect. I will say it again. It isn't the throws that concern me as much as it is the lack of throwing the ball away when nobody is open instead of taking sacks.

I wouldn't say perfect... the first one was where it was supposed to be but the second was behind CT and he had to go back for it. Should it have been caught? Yes, but it wasn't perfect. I will say it again. It isn't the throws that concern me as much as it is the lack of throwing the ball away when nobody is open instead of taking sacks.

Nail ----> Head.

NOPE, Taylor slowing down is what caused it....if he stays in stride it's a td....COX is a pocket passes who tends to try and wrap the ball up when he's under pressure.

Calm down guys. It's only a football game for goodness sake. It's not life and death. Yes, we lost in an embarrassing way, but it's only one game. If I'm not mistaken, every year we lost early in the season, we went on to win most, in not all of the remaining. Every time the team gelled and it seems that is what it takes for Auburn to gel. There were errors to go around for everyone, but I don't worry about it because successful people learn from their mistakes and change accordingly. Remember the field goal and Vaughn was out the next morning kicking balls. Well, just watch the rest of the season and enjoy the players while they are here. Some are about to graduate and Auburn will miss them. I know I will.

War Damn Eagle to a class act football program where players learn to win in life and no thuggery abounds.

JMHO, Cox is hurt from the LSU game much like Brodie was after the :ut: game last year for Bama. He is floating balls and shoelacing others. I see a ton of comparable stuff with BC 05 and BCox 06.

KI is obviously hurt from the plate they showed in his shoes, etc. We are going to struggle some till we heal up, but we can still have a great year. From CTT's press conference, he is ready to make any corrections to fix this stuff.

Like I have been trying to tell ya'll we were overated this year. Look out our depth chart and look at how young we are. If you people would quit listening to the media and pay attention to the game you might not be as mad after a loss.

Some of you are overreacting. You found out your team wasn't as good as you thought they were, so now you're underrating them. You watched Arkansas get crushed by USC and need luck to beat Bama, but you found out they're not so bad afterall.

I suggest you put this one behind you and start hating on Florida. You have a very good team and coaches. Florida is even more ripe for an upset than Auburn was today.

Like I have been trying to tell ya'll we were overated this year. Look out our depth chart and look at how young we are. If you people would quit listening to the media and pay attention to the game you might not be as mad after a loss.

SC is pretty young too. Above average young talented players vs. Average (generous) talented young players, which would you take???

Guest Tigrinum Major

Some of you are overreacting. You found out your team wasn't as good as you thought they were, so now you're underrating them. You watched Arkansas get crushed by USC and need luck to beat Bama, but you found out they're not so bad afterall.

I suggest you put this one behind you and start hating on Florida. You have a very good team and coaches. Florida is even more ripe for an upset than Auburn was today.

I hate when roles are reversed like this.

Congrats, Red.

JMHO, Cox is hurt from the LSU game much like Brodie was after the :ut: game last year for Bama. He is floating balls and shoelacing others. I see a ton of comparable stuff with BC 05 and BCox 06.

KI is obviously hurt from the plate they showed in his shoes, etc. We are going to struggle some till we heal up, but we can still have a great year. From CTT's press conference, he is ready to make any corrections to fix this stuff.

I agree. We can't feel their pain but we can see the result. One thing I have always believed in is not to kick a man when he is down, especially one of my own. I refuse to be too critical of my Auburn Tigers. They are the only football team I/we have. :au:

Best of luck to you guys the rest of the season. You control your destiny. We have fallen back into our classic role that we need: team "A" to lose twice, team "B" beats team "C" type senario in order to "back into" the SECCG. Or maybe we will be satisfied with another SEC Western Co-Championship. :puke:

Archived