How do we beat UF???

AUHansel

With the way we've played this season, I'm not even sure we can beat them, but what can we do to tip the scales our way?

My thoughts:

Our D has to step up!!! They didn't play well at all against Arky. Uf doesn't exactly light it up in the running department, but they can move the ball on the ground. They pass well and our defense has shown that we have holes in several places. If we can't keep them under 24 points, I don't see us winning.

Secondly, we have to play our game. We need to stop worrying about the deep passing game and the flashy offense. Let's play how we know how to. Also, no trick plays and if it's not 4th and 1, don't go for it!!! It seems like we were a little cocky when we went for 4th and 5 on saturday. Take the points whenever we can get them.

There is obviously a lot more to it than that. Basically, we can't make mistakes. UF is very good and we can't let them take advantage of our mistakes. They have won their last two because of big turnovers.

If our offense line doesn't play there best game of the season we put up no points no matter what our Defense does. Key to the game is offensive line. Florida is going to complete their share of passes no matter what but we need to limit the big plays. As far as Tebow I haven't seen anybody stop him yet so hopefully our backers will be ready to play. We may need to go ahead and put Greg Smith in the middle to help close some run gaps.

The play that they ran against LSU Sat where Tebow faked the qb draw and then threw was unstoppable. I hope we prepare something for that. UF had't really done that until that game, everytime he had been in he ran that off tackle play or a draw, so LSU prepares for that, then after they run it a couple times....bam hes faking the draw and throwing after the players bite on it. Good playcalling imo. Plus, when he does run he runs over people the size of our D, so I hope we can at least get a few close to him to help.

Archived