The Media is having.....

ThatGuy

a field day with Tuby right now, they are using that comment after the SC game where he basically called himself as genius and his recent rants on ESPN to bash him down. Maybe he shouldn't have opened his mouth just yet because the media is putting his foot in it know. AU will rebound but it will not be this week against UF as IMO Florida has way to much talent and will run the table for the rest of the season. But hey don't worry Schaffer is going to carve Bama up on his way to a Ole Mrs win.

I know many on this board have had fun with the "fear the thumb" thing for quite some time now, but I have a word of warning for those people! IMO this was a dumb thing to do in the first place and every time I think Tubs has matured into a bright young coach, he does something really STUPID like the thumb thing.... People, those folks on the other side of the state DO NOT NEED any additional motivation to beat our butts other than us just being Auburn..... Tubs and others have simply given the media a tool to "rub it in with to the Bammers". That was not Smart! I've said it years now that the Bammers will play one of their best games against us NO MATTER WHAT. Playing them at home has involved some dangerous humor too (Jordan Hare west) which cannot benefit us. Some of you will question my allegiance but I can assure you i am an Auburn man through and through. Trouble is, I've followed Auburn football for over 50 years now and I have SEEN A LOT.... and I KNOW they will be more than ready for us....Count on it! :au:

First of all, he didn't call himself a genius. He said the trick play worked so it made him look like a genius. Anyone knows that sometimes they make you look smart and sometimes they make you look silly. That's what he was referring to.

Secondly, his statements about the playoff were in reference to the SEC as a whole. The only reference he ever made to his team was as an example of how the SEC will never benefit from the current system and there should be a playoff so the conference will get some sort of recognition.

I thought both of the statements you referenced were no brainers, but I guess people's perceptions are different than mine. It makes me feel a little BETTER about Tubby, not worse....

First of all, he didn't call himself a genius. He said the trick play worked so it made him look like a genius. Anyone knows that sometimes they make you look smart and sometimes they make you look silly. That's what he was referring to.

Secondly, his statements about the playoff were in reference to the SEC as a whole. The only reference he ever made to his team was as an example of how the SEC will never benefit from the current system and there should be a playoff so the conference will get some sort of recognition.

I thought both of the statements you referenced were no brainers, but I guess people's perceptions are different than mine. It makes me feel a little BETTER about Tubby, not worse....

What he said!

IMO this was a dumb thing to do in the first place and every time I think Tubs has matured into a bright young coach, he does something really STUPID like the thumb thing....

Just to clarify, but it seems that our friends across the state always misperceive that whole thing. It all started by a shirt that Tuberville wore coming into the Capitol One Bowl game.

From there, the bama fanbase took it over and basically classified it as a stunt performed by Tuberville. The thumb was started by the fans, not the coach.

a field day with Tuby right now, they are using that comment after the SC game where he basically called himself as genius and his recent rants on ESPN to bash him down. Maybe he shouldn't have opened his mouth just yet because the media is putting his foot in it know. AU will rebound but it will not be this week against UF as IMO Florida has way to much talent and will run the table for the rest of the season. But hey don't worry Schaffer is going to carve Bama up on his way to a Ole Mrs win.

What has he said that was ever wrong?

Breathe 1 2 3....... ok, have you gotten your panties out of a wad? If you would refer back to my previous post I never said "I" am having a field day on Tuberville but the media is having fun with it. You guys are the most anal fan base I have ever seen.

You guys are the most anal fan base I have ever seen.

How does one keep the ceiling clean in a glass house?

or a mirror for that matter

See I would have gone with ...Pot: "Why hello there Kettle, you are looking mighty black today"

My God we are getting all worked up over a football game. I love football just as much as the next southern person, but come on. Everyone in the nation, bring your best smack right now because I can take it. Whatever you say about my football team will never waiver my love for the Auburn Tigers or Auburn University. I don't care if ESPN says we suck, Arkansas says we suck, Bama says we suck, your grandmother says we suck or anyone else. Auburn will survive ot fight another day. By the end of the year, we will look back at this season as being very successful. the coaches will get the team ready for Florida and I think we will win. On Gameday Final next week after Auburn has pulled off the win, everyone on t.v. and every fan will be saying we are right back in it and last week was no biggie. Just take a chill pill.

Wow you guys are something else....take a look at my previous 50 some odd post and you will see that just because I attend UA does not mean that im here to put you or your team down in fact I spend a large potion of my time being critical of the thugish behavior of the BAMA team and the stupidity of Sheila. So again CALM DOWN!!! you're going to get high blood pressure

Wow you guys are something else....take a look at my previous 50 some odd post and you will see that just because I attend UA does not mean that im here to put you or your team down in fact I spend a large potion of my time being critical of the thugish behavior of the BAMA team and the stupidity of Sheila. So again CALM DOWN!!! you're going to get high blood pressure

Uh...we're all calm, chief. We were simply laughing at the fact that a member of the ALABAMA fanbase would call our fans "anal".

My God we are getting all worked up over a football game. I love football just as much as the next southern person, but come on. Everyone in the nation, bring your best smack right now because I can take it. Whatever you say about my football team will never waiver my love for the Auburn Tigers or Auburn University. I don't care if ESPN says we suck, Arkansas says we suck, Bama says we suck, your grandmother says we suck or anyone else. Auburn will survive ot fight another day. By the end of the year, we will look back at this season as being very successful. the coaches will get the team ready for Florida and I think we will win. On Gameday Final next week after Auburn has pulled off the win, everyone on t.v. and every fan will be saying we are right back in it and last week was no biggie. Just take a chill pill.

Just dont talk about New Orleans ;) ...sorry I couldnt resist :cheers:

thatguy,

I would be more concerned with Duke 14, Alabama 10 at halftime than with Tubs

Why be concerned? that happned Saturday and im not sure if you knew this but BAMA won the game and AU didn't. I don't usually bash AU but hey you started it :big:

im not sure if you knew this but BAMA won the game and AU didn't. I don't usually bash AU but hey you started it :big:

Hoover High School could beat Duke, and you guys STRUGGLED. I wouldn't be jumping on that whole "Moral Victory" band wagon about a win over Duke IN FOOTBALL. I am not so sure I would take a stuggle to win over Duke versus a loss to a real team... sure, a win is a win, but I'd at least have to think about it a minute.

They are also having a field day with Shula's "a win is a win" post game comments. Not a stellar saturday for football in this state. Oh well... Don't completely count us out against Florida. If we play up to our potential, we can play with anybody.

Archived