I love Auburn but...

jwise0022

5...count em...5 sacks in the first half!!!! That is ridiculous. Are you guys not sick of talking aout this every week? When there is a problem shouldn't it be fixed? Our offensive line should be better and continues to disappoint. Why are others afraid to admit what everyone knows deep down? Further, did anyone else notice how STUPID our defense was the first couple of drives? We kept stunting to the side with 2 offensive linemen, and they kept running it right past us. It is not our players fault... I called 75% of the plays called by our offense and knew our defense wouldn't blitz too much. Our coaches need to wake up.

some just have to harp on the negative....I was thrilled the way they made adjustments in the second half and shut down UF.....

and the TIGERS WON......27-17...thats what matters most..

OL could use some more work -- no question. Don't know what the problem was with the D in the 1st half. They did seem out of position quite a bit. Then again, I do know they looked much better in the 2nd half. Maybe CTT's fire & brimstone speech got to 'em. Who knows? We beat UF and that's a great feeling right now. :au: WDE

with 2 games in a row 5 sacks each, all of those "HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE" images seem a little silly, don't they? :)

but seriously though, BG is right just be happy with the win. yall won a tough game against a very good talent loaded :uf: team......without even scoring an offensive touchdown.

some just have to harp on the negative....I was thrilled the way they made adjustments in the second half and shut down UF.....

and the TIGERS WON......27-17...thats what matters most..

Really why harp on the negative right now it's not even been 6 hours, JUST ENJOY IT!

War Damn Eagle!!!

with 2 games in a row 5 sacks each, all of those "HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE" images seem a little silly, don't they? :) ...

Hardly. The ELEVEN SACKS in one game will be hard to beat, especially now with the new rules that have limited the number of offensive plays that can be run. I bet you're glad to see those new rules, huh? I know Brodie is! :big:

with 2 games in a row 5 sacks each, all of those "HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE" images seem a little silly, don't they? :)

No not really...we will forever enjoy the 2005 Sack bowl......2 games with 5 each is still LESS than what brodie endured in ONE game....

Then again, I do know they looked much better in the 2nd half. Maybe CTT's fire & brimstone speech got to 'em. :au: WDE

Fire and brimstone? Nah....I think CTT told them he was going to cover them in gravy and serve them up to Tray Blackmon if they didn't get to work! He was an animal tonight!

No not really...we will forever enjoy the 2005 Sack bowl......2 games with 5 each is still LESS than what brodie endured in ONE game....

Talk about an argument backfiring...heh heh...

5...count em...5 sacks in the first half!!!! That is ridiculous. Are you guys not sick of talking aout this every week? When there is a problem shouldn't it be fixed? Our offensive line should be better and continues to disappoint. Why are others afraid to admit what everyone knows deep down? Further, did anyone else notice how STUPID our defense was the first couple of drives? We kept stunting to the side with 2 offensive linemen, and they kept running it right past us. It is not our players fault... I called 75% of the plays called by our offense and knew our defense wouldn't blitz too much. Our coaches need to wake up.

Maybe you should call Tubbs and see if you can join the staff as a assistant head coach!

Maybe, just maybe, he should enjoy this win, come back in 12 hours and then complain about us beating the #2 team in the nation. Really. It's not like there's a time limit on when you can complain about our play. We just beat Florida 3 hours ago and already we're talking about what went wrong. Don't we have this entire week on the forum to discuss this?

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Wow, you sound like the type of person who would complain about what the trophy looked like if we won the MNC. :poke: We just beat the number two team in the nation. This team has the best front seven in the nation and we consistently moved the ball on them all night. We missed oppotunities in the red zone, but good teams will make you do that. The D stepped up and DOMINATED Fl in the second half and held them scoreless. We ran the classic Al Borges Offense. Establish the run to set up the play action pass and it was very successful.

Chill out and enjoy the win

maybe you should send your resume in the auburn athletic department, i heard they have a vacancy for a back seat coach. though you may have alot of competition.

THIS is a lack of execution 80% of the time. You win with EXECUTION and not schemes..... Remember the ole Green Bay Sweep? Everybody knew it was coming but nobody could stop it....EXECUTION!

I agree with you about the offense. I was at the game. I had a great time. I'm glad we won. But you cannot let an emotional victory blind you to the truth. Just because we won doesn't mean that we don't have some serious QB/OL issues. And I think it's more of a QB issue. No offensive TDs people. It's a problem that must be fixed, and it's not the receivers' fault.

I also hate to see you people getting on anyone who voices an honest negative opinion about the team. This, "We won, so chill out, we don't need to get any better" attitude is what loses you games against Arkansas.

You are wrong. Its not "We won, so chill out, we don't need to get any better"

Its "We Won. Period. If it's ok with the bleacher experts, I'll take 24 hours to enjoy, then we can be critical." Thats what the coaches and players do

Then again, I do know they looked much better in the 2nd half. Maybe CTT's fire & brimstone speech got to 'em. :au: WDE

Fire and brimstone? Nah....I think CTT told them he was going to cover them in gravy and serve them up to Tray Blackmon if they didn't get to work! He was an animal tonight!

Whereas in some places , the coach would just threaten to take away their ice cream... :rolleyes:

OK Debbie Downer, here you go.

You can't ask for much better out of line when it comes to run blocking. The schemes are not the problem, it's the intensity and leadership from the seniors, and having a new, un-proven center calling assignments. I think that problem is on its way to being fixed now (See the second half... no sacks). It doesn't help that BC isn't the most mobile QB in the world. Same thing on defense, lack of intensity and "want to" will kill you every time. All the coaches and players after the game said that they made no scheme or play calling adjustments at halftime. If that is true, the only thing you can say is that a change in attitude makes all the difference.

WDE!!

Some of you guys might do well to listen to what Joe Kines said yesterday:

"This game is supposed to be fun. Winning is supposed to be fun. You guys wouldnt let us enjoy the last few wins, and those guys have been down on themselves...so if ya'll would excuse us, we're gonna enjoy this one."

Archived