Few random thoughts...

OptionTrader

A few random thoughts about last weekend's game from an infrequent poster...

1. What exactly is a “tor”? Are they all gay?

2. As we arrived at our seats (front row of west upper deck), a man higher up had lost his balance and tumbled down several rows. They carried him out on a backboard and he was unresponsive. Be careful walking on the seats.

3. Elevators to the upper deck – normally reserved for handicapped folks – were held up for 15 minutes so the Florida coaches could ride up. Why don’t they just drive them from the visiting locker room to the press box in a golf cart?

4. Halftime show was bizarre. Loud exploding fireworks and Aubie as Eddie Van Halen.

5. Last 8 minutes of the game were unbelievably loud, perhaps loudest I’ve ever heard at a game before IMHO.

6. As the Florida players were leaving the field, Kenny and David Irons ran down to the corner of the field by the visitor tunnel and were doing the gator chomp, mocking the gay-tors. It was really funny.

7. Remember how the band plays “Louie Louie” when Auburn wins a big game? Over the loudspeakers they played “See Ya Later Alligator” and the crowd sang. Really great.

8. Wierdest thing – walking back some loud mouthed drunk was behind us running Auburn down. I suggested he stow it, seeing as how they’d just gotten their backside handed to them. He says he’s a Tennessee fan. I say “So you’re so drunk you can’t even find your own football team?” :homer:

9. I watched gameday wrap-up on ESPN and Corso was dissing Auburn’s replay system saying it was a “joke”. Our replay system? I thought it was the same all over the conference? Someone in the athletic department should tell ESPN he isn’t welcome at Auburn ever again. Yes, he’s an idiot, bafoon, moron, dolt, cretin (need I say more?). But he’s an idiot with a national stage and an axe to grind against Auburn. He should either tone down the rhetoric or not come back to Auburn.

10. I called Finescum yesterday to discuss the game. I thought it would be a break from the constant moaning and whining about why bammer :puke: can't win and how Shula should go. Anyway, I was quickly cut off after making the point that CTT had done a great job of getting the team back together after the loss to Arkansas. Rather than asking people to call in or email Finescum, I'd like to respectfully ask that we all just not listen. If he wants to be "all bammer :puke: all the time", that's fine - it is after all his show. But I don't have to listen.

David, can you email me instructions on making one of these cool signature things with a pic? I know I could come up with a really great one. :poke:

#4 Yes it was

#6 Really not cool, no need, Miami shows what can happen.

#7 Loved it, everyone was into it.

#9 Ahh, Corso is harmless, he likes to have fun too

#10, very few Auburn fans call in which is a good thing. Of course bammers are arrogant enough to think

it's because their program is somehow better, yet it's always complaining and spreading lies. The Auburn fans ignoring this slop are to be congratulated. :cheer:

#7 --- I really wish they would bring Louie Louie back. Great memories of the eighties.

I agree. That and play Hey Baby between the 3rd and 4th quarters again.

#7 --- I really wish they would bring Louie Louie back. Great memories of the eighties.

they've played it at every game i can remember this season

#8 I've been going to AU games for a while now. It seems that every game I see more and more people with opposing teams hats or shirts or whatever on. Particularly Bama, LSU, and Tennessee. Was wondering if anybody else has noticed this trend? I would never go to someone else's stadium to watch a game I had no rooting interest in and wear an AU shirt or hat. Maybe it's because I'm sane.

i don't do it but only as a preventative measure. Even at auburn there are those jackasses that will cuss and throw things at you just because you don't have the right team apparel on, i see it every game in the student section.

they've played it at every game i can remember this season

They're spying...they just can't figure out why they can't beat us. :P

I sat in the UF student section at the UF/UAT game with my Auburn hat on. No problems.

My friend joined me in the Auburn student section with a gator hat on this week. No problems.

You should be able to show your school spirit without being berated. I would not wear a FIU hat to Miami though. The radio announcer might come down the elevator and kick your a$$.

Guest BoStillKnows
I have been to several other stadiums to go and enjoy the atmosphere of other universities. Every time that I have been to another stadium, I ALWAYS wear my Auburn stuff!!!

I'm going to Blacksburg to see VT vs Clemson. I'll buy something with VT on it to wear because I can't stand anything having anything to do with a Bowden; but, I'll have AU somewhere too.

I wore an Auburn shirt to Charlotte to see the Panthers play and heard several "War Eagles"...makes a body feel good!!!

#8: ??? Apparently he was also too drunk to realize we just did the Vols a favor. Thanks to us, they're only one game behind Florida in the East.

I would have thought all Tennessee fans were pro-Auburn Saturday. I know I'm going to be one of the biggest Ole Miss fans around this Saturday, even if it's a long shot!

I was in Gatlinburg with the family for the game waving our flags and I can't count how many UT people gave us a War Eagle. I got in several discussions and they said they would help lay one on Arkansas for us. I said if you can't help with Arkansas then at least handle UA this coming weekend.

I always wear my Auburn gear when I go with my wife to UF games...why wouldnt you? Thats my school I'm proud of that fact...not just because of my football team but because I have a degree from this great university, something I worked very hard for. Plus how much fun is it when your at an opposing teams stadium and you see a fellow Tiger....and an ever hearty War Eagle and a smile are shared between two.."in the know".

War Eagle!

I was in Gatlinburg with the family for the game waving our flags and I can't count how many UT people gave us a War Eagle. I got in several discussions and they said they would help lay one on Arkansas for us. I said if you can't help with Arkansas then at least handle UA this coming weekend.

and this after Auburn has handed them 3 beatdowns, Go Vols!

This is a tad off-topic, but I had a friend a few years back who was in the Auburn band who said UF was his least favorite place to go for away games because the overhangs at UF's stadium had rocks on them and the UF fans would throw them at the Auburn band. Anyone heard anything like this?

Also, I own a "Gator Hater" t-shirt printed up by Tiger Rags about 20 years ago. Apparently when Greg Pratt died in practice in 1983 (?) the UF folks printed up shirts that read "We Don't Kill Our Players". Did anyone ever see one of those shirts?

6. As the Florida players were leaving the field, Kenny and David Irons ran down to the corner of the field by the visitor tunnel and were doing the gator chomp, mocking the gay-tors. It was really funny.

Not cool. Remember, we may play them again this year and definately next year at their place.

We should win and lose with class. We're Auburn not Miami.

Archived