Tulane

CircleDrill

I honestly don't know much about this team except that they were formerly in the SEC. I believe they were a charter member of the conference?

Anyone know any history of the Tulane program that they would care to share?

I honestly don't know much about this team except that they were formerly in the SEC. I believe they were a charter member of the conference?

Anyone know any history of the Tulane program that they would care to share?

I think they own an SEC Title or several

1 split with Alabama in 1934 and actually played in the inaugral Sugar Bowl

1 split with Georgia Tech and Tennesee in 1939

1 on own in 1949

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SEC_C...rence_Champions

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/....xml&coll=1

Tulane is 2-4 this year, with wins against Miss State & Rice. Lost to UTEP last week by 14. QB averages 247 yds/games passing and have an RB that averages 91.8 yds/game. As a team, around 300 yds/game passing and 140 rushing. AU needs to concentrate on this game and come out on fire. Put this team down in the 1st half...none of the Buffalo stuff! Tulane is giving up almost 36 points/game while scoring only 22. TAKE NO TEAM LIGHTLY!!!! EVERYBODY GETS THE SAME NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS!!! I beat UGA would like another crack at Vandy!

Tulane is a great private school in New Orleans (I'm a bit biased, my Mom got her Ph.D. at Tulane). They have about 13,000 students I believe. Biggest news from Tulane recently was when they were severely impacted by Katrina last year and had to cut a lot of undergraduate and athletic programs.

Our football history w/ Tulane actually goes even further back than the chartering of the SEC-all the way to the old Southern Conference.

http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...p;ATCLID=177772

The Southern Conference was formed on February 25, 1921 at a meeting in Atlanta, Ga. Fourteen institutions from the 30-member Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association (SIAA) reorganized as the Southern Conference. Those charter members included Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Washington & Lee. Athletic competition began in the fall of 1921.

In 1922, six more schools - Florida, Louisiana State, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tulane and Vanderbilt - joined the fold.

Tulane got out of the SEC because, like Georgia Tech, they thought they could become a better independent school (ala Notre Dame)

Has failed miserably

The main threat the Greenies have is QB Lester Ricard. He was a four-star recruit coming out of high school from Denham Springs, LA. He signed with :lsu: for Nick Saban in 2002, but ended up transferring to Tulane a year later because he felt that incoming highly-touted freshmen from the class of 2003 JaMarcus Russell and Matt Flynn did not deserve to be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Actually, Tulane has a rather rich football history. Auburn last played them in 1955. Our overall won-lost record against the Greenies is 13-17-6. In fact, of the teams on our schedule this year, only Bammer, Tulane and LSWHO leads us in the overall series. We are tied at 19 each with Vandy who also once had a proud program.

Link: www.cfbdatawarehouse.com

Auburn Records by Team

Vandy who also once had a proud program.

Link: www.cfbdatawarehouse.com

Auburn Records by Team

After this weekend I am sure they are very proud!!

Auburn needs to take this team seriously. At 2-4 Tulane is playing to salvage their season and they will come out firing on all cylinders in a bid to upset us. :P

NOTE: Sarcasm included.

Yes..........we do need to Focus on this Tulane Football team. They're going to come out swinging, trying to draw first blood. They're going to do this by using Trick plays.........Reverses.........Double Reverse HB Pass. Or the famous Midget Around The End :roflol: . But seriously we shouldn't take them to lightly like we did Buffalo or Arkansas......Woops, did I type that? Yes, I do believe we where looking past Arkansas to Florida just like 'bammer did.......Seriously. Oh yea, NO MORE 10:30 GAMES. War "BY GOD" Eagle

Archived