Forego SEC Championship for BCS Bowl Game?

AuburnRugby17

Any BCS bowl, or the championship game?

Personally I'd rather have an SEC Championship than a BCS bowl berth, but if we don't get in the SECCG, then I'd still be very happy w/ a BCS game.

As for a spot in the BCS championship, if we got there w/o winning our conference, I'd feel like the system was kind of full of it. But we all already knew that, so I'd take it!

WDE!

Well.....if we go to the SECCG and win, BCS is automatic. If we don't go to the SCCG, then an at large bid to the BCS would be fantastic.

doubt it will happen, even if things work out on the field the way we need them too. The reason i say that is just look back to 2004 and see where we WON the SEC championship and got overlooked for the BCS game... I would certainly prefer to win the SEC and play for the BCS championship after getting the SEC trophy, but I'll take the BCS title game without playing in the SECCG. Besides, if it shakes out that way it wouldn't be the first time, and it isn't something we control. Can you imagine the idiot bammers ranting over that one.. Hey, everybody in the conference would llikely be ranting over that one....but particularly the bammers. They would have a total fit..... Now it makes me want it to happen that way...LOL. Seeing the bammers upset and crying is the fun part. Besides they will cry about something regardless, so we might as well make it worth their time...

Another senario that would be a disaster for the BCS as only 2 teams can go from any 1 conf:

UT runs the Table goes 11-1 and is in the BCS top 5

Auburn runs the Table goes 11-1 and is in the BCS top 5

Florida runs the table and goes 12-1 and is in the BCS top 5 Gets BCS bid due to SECG win

I was going to say Arky ends 11-2 top 5 but with the above senario it would be 10-3 and wont be in the top 8

With Loses to USC, UF, and UT could actually make them BCS top 5 but the 3 loses will kill the formula, again the if a team plays 1-12 and loses them all by 1 pt are they number 13?

I would take UT and AU in a BCS game but that can't happen with UF winning the SEC.

LSU I am sorry this is just senario I don't expect it to happen, so LSU not winning out isn't up for discussion because I was looking for 3 SEC 1 lose teams. Thank you!

BCS sucks need a better system.

Too much football to let but as fans we can speculate each and every week

Another senario that would be a disaster for the BCS as only 2 teams can go from any 1 conf:

Florida runs the table and goes 12-1 and is in the BCS top 5 Gets BCS bid due to SECG win

I was going to say Arky ends 11-2 top 5 but with the above senario it would be 10-3 and wont be in the top 8

With Loses to USC, UF, and UT could actually make them BCS top 5 but the 3 loses will kill the formula, again the if a team plays 1-12 and loses them all by 1 pt are they number 13?

I would take UT and AU in a BCS game but that can't happen with UF winning the SEC.

LSU I am sorry this is just senario I don't expect it to happen, so LSU not winning out isn't up for discussion because I was looking for 3 SEC 1 lose teams. Thank you!

your scenario would make us 11-2

No, he is right. Arkansas would only lose to UT and would play UF in the SECCG. If UF won that game then it would be UT 11-1, AU 11-1, UF 12-1 & Ark 10-3. Don't think it will happen, but who knows until all is said and done.

No, he is right. Arkansas would only lose to UT and would play UF in the SECCG. If UF won that game then it would be UT 11-1, AU 11-1, UF 12-1 & Ark 10-3. Don't think it will happen, but who knows until all is said and done.

There is no way Arkansas will go for SEC Championship game..They can not win against UT & LSU with only the run oriented attack....SC has the home field advantage and may beat them...

My guess is that we may play UT in SEC championship game...

War Eagle... :au::cheer:

There is no way Arkansas will go for SEC Championship game..They can not win against UT & LSU with only the run oriented attack....SC has the home field advantage and may beat them...

Galen can I get a No Hoo Doo Ruling on this...we still need to win out. One at a Time

Galen can I get a Noo Hoo Doo Ruling on this...we still need to win out. One at a Time

Forget the No Hoo Doo ruling, that comment is shovel worthy at this point.

Our run oriented attack has worked so far. And we have thown the ball well since Mustain has taken over (except the Bama game). The AU game we were 7-10 passing and didn't need to throw because our running game was killing AU, even though you knew what was coming. The Tennessee game is the biggest game on our schedule. I think as long as we don't lose a game we should win (South Carolina or Ole Miss), we will beat LSU. Les Miles is a worse coach that Nutt. And the game is in Little Rock, where we just don't lose (only one loss under Nutt - LSU in 2004)

Our run oriented attack has worked so far. And we have thown the ball well since Mustain has taken over (except the Bama game). The AU game we were 7-10 passing and didn't need to throw because our running game was killing AU, even though you knew what was coming. The Tennessee game is the biggest game on our schedule. I think as long as we don't lose a game we should win (South Carolina or Ole Miss), we will beat LSU. Les Miles is a worse coach that Nutt. And the game is in Little Rock, where we just don't lose (only one loss under Nutt - LSU in 2004)

Can I make one request Fayettenam?

Please lose the sig pic. Every time I scroll down a thread in which you have replied, I start convulsing at my desk just seeing Talley running free for a TD. My coworkers are really starting to think there is something wrong with me.

Please lose the sig pic. Every time I scroll down a thread in which you have replied, I start convulsing at my desk just seeing Talley running free for a TD. My coworkers are really starting to think there is something wrong with me.

You know what? Since you guys have been so nice to me, I'll comply with your request. I will come up with something else. I don't want you to go to the hospital while at work.

You know what? Since you guys have been so nice to me, I'll comply with your request. I will come up with something else. I don't want you to go to the hospital while at work.

Thanks a bunch. Here's to an Arkansas 10 game win streak against Bammer.

If we go to the conference championship and lose I feel like we run the risk of not gettting an at large spot with 2 losses. It would all depend on how other teams do, but there could be a couple of 1 loss Big East teams, a couple of 1 loss Pac 10 teams, plus Notre Dame, and maybe an at large from the Big 12 if something squirly happened. Not to mention maybe Boise St. BCS bowl game wise I think we would be better off to have 1 loss and not play in the SECCG(I think we would be guarenteed and at large spot in this case over the loser of the championship), but to get respect you have to take the hard road. I want to play in the SECCG (win or lose).

Forget all this backing in to the BCS stuff. If :arky: wins out, hats off to them - they'll have earned the trip to Atlanta. If not, I'd like for :au: to earn its way into the BCS. :uf: ?? :ut: ?? Bring 'em on, and let the better team win.

WAR EAGLE!! BEAT TULANE!!

:au:

I was thinking about that the other day. Arkansas would have to lose two games to not make it to the SEC CG. They play LSU and UT so that is a definite possibility. But as for me, I would much rather us just go on to a BCS bowl if we get by OM, UGA and Bammer and play another team rather than to go to Atlanta and play the Gators again. I don't rematches are good for the SEC, even if we beat them again. If we go to the SEC CG, then us or the Gators will get a BCS bowl go but not both. I would rather we both get the BCS bowl.

Archived