Decatur Daily Poll final

DKW 86

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/n...1021/poll.shtml

Most readers say Shula should stay

By Franklin Harris

DAILY Assistant Metro Editor

fharris@decaturdaily.com · 340-2394

Supporters of University of Alabama head football coach Mike Shula made their opinions known loud and clear in THE DAILY's most recent online poll.

Of the 1,468 readers who responded to the unscientific poll at www.decaturdaily.com, 1,204 (82.02 percent) answered "no" to the question, "Heading into Saturday's football game against Tennessee, Alabama coach Mike Shula is 1-2 against the Vols and 0-3 against Auburn. Is it time for Shula to go?"

Only 264 people (17.98 percent) said that it is time for Shula to go.

The poll generated the most e-mail response of any survey since THE DAILY has been conducting online polls.

The vast majority of e-mails expressed support for Shula and criticized even conducting a poll about whether Shula should remain the Crimson Tide's coach.

Jack Moore of Decatur expressed the prevailing sentiment when he wrote, "What a dumb poll. Of course it is not time for Shula to go. Over the last 19 games, he has one of best records in the SEC. 15-4 is as good as (Tommy) Tuberville at Auburn or (Urban) Meyer at Florida or (Mark) Richt at Georgia and much better than (Phillip) Fulmer at Tennessee. Coach Shula will be at Alabama through 2008 no matter what happens at Auburn."

Paul Dumas of Decatur wrote, "I think the media should lay off coach Shula because he needs time to develop the players that he recruited. People have to understand that the problems Alabama went through for years hurt the program, and coach Shula is playing with other coaches' players. Let's give coach Shula a chance to see what he can do with the players he recruited. People have to understand that you can't win every ballgame. All I can say is, ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!"

Some other readers are taking a wait-and-see approach.

"I agree that NCAA sanctions as well as the coaching situation when Shula arrived should allow him one more full year. If there are not improved results next year, then yes, it will be time for a change," e-mailed Mike Terry of Moulton.

One anonymous respondent, however, offered a different theory for Shula's strong support: "Shula should never have been hired. I see your results that Shula should be retained — what a lot of nonsense.

"Alabama does not need a kid coach on the sidelines looking more confused than the referees. He has failed UA football in more ways than this writer cares to count. I guarantee UA will never be a winner with Shula as the head coach. The supporters of this guy have to be from Auburn."

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/n...1021/poll.shtml

Most readers say Shula should stay

By Franklin Harris

DAILY Assistant Metro Editor

fharris@decaturdaily.com · 340-2394

Supporters of University of Alabama head football coach Mike Shula made their opinions known loud and clear in THE DAILY's most recent online poll.

Of the 1,468 readers who responded to the unscientific poll at www.decaturdaily.com, 1,204 (82.02 percent) answered "no" to the question, "Heading into Saturday's football game against Tennessee, Alabama coach Mike Shula is 1-2 against the Vols and 0-3 against Auburn. Is it time for Shula to go?"

Only 264 people (17.98 percent) said that it is time for Shula to go.

The poll generated the most e-mail response of any survey since THE DAILY has been conducting online polls.

The vast majority of e-mails expressed support for Shula and criticized even conducting a poll about whether Shula should remain the Crimson Tide's coach.

Jack Moore of Decatur expressed the prevailing sentiment when he wrote, "What a dumb poll. Of course it is not time for Shula to go. Over the last 19 games, he has one of best records in the SEC. 15-4 is as good as (Tommy) Tuberville at Auburn or (Urban) Meyer at Florida or (Mark) Richt at Georgia and much better than (Phillip) Fulmer at Tennessee. Coach Shula will be at Alabama through 2008 no matter what happens at Auburn."

Paul Dumas of Decatur wrote, "I think the media should lay off coach Shula because he needs time to develop the players that he recruited. People have to understand that the problems Alabama went through for years hurt the program, and coach Shula is playing with other coaches' players. Let's give coach Shula a chance to see what he can do with the players he recruited. People have to understand that you can't win every ballgame. All I can say is, ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!"

Some other readers are taking a wait-and-see approach.

"I agree that NCAA sanctions as well as the coaching situation when Shula arrived should allow him one more full year. If there are not improved results next year, then yes, it will be time for a change," e-mailed Mike Terry of Moulton.

One anonymous respondent, however, offered a different theory for Shula's strong support: "Shula should never have been hired. I see your results that Shula should be retained — what a lot of nonsense.

"Alabama does not need a kid coach on the sidelines looking more confused than the referees. He has failed UA football in more ways than this writer cares to count. I guarantee UA will never be a winner with Shula as the head coach. The supporters of this guy have to be from Auburn."

Let Shula stay.

What is the old song Jackson Browne used to sing? ........ "Stay, just a liitle bit longer....." LOL

David, I know how you voted :P

Is my slip showing? :lol:

What is the old song Jackson Browne used to sing? ........ "Stay, just a liitle bit longer....." LOL

Hal! that could be the theme song on Finebaum for Shula.... :lmao:

The Decator Daily may want to scrap those results and do it all over again after yesterday's game. Judging from the meltdown on the Bama boards, I think a lot of people want to change their vote! :lol:

STAY STAY STAY STAY!!!!!!!!

He just got a freaking huge raise and contract extension right before this season. He needs more time to lead them to their next MNC. But he IS the man that will do that.

...Oh my fault.... I accidentally thought I was on keepmikeshula.com there for a second. :roflol:

Isn't it interesting how once upon a time they said all they cared about was national championships, and now they just want a coach that won't make them look bad? Alabama = Ole Miss.

Archived