Help an Auburn Grad raise Money for JDRF

MDM4AU

Lee Dorrill is a 1992 graduate of Auburn University and he has diabetes. I work with Lee and I usually team up with him each year to raise money through the "Walk To Find A Cure." I am unable to actively raise money this year but I told him I would help in any way that I could. So I am calling on the Auburn Family, specifically the AUNation family, to help out. I chose the Football forum since it gets the most traffic. If the PTB feel it needs to be moved, I understand.

On Saturday morning, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation will have their annual walk to raise money for research. You can CLICK on this link to access Lee's fundraiser page. On this site you can securely donate (tax deductible) and help him raise $1000 by Saturday. Last I checked, he needs about $700 more. There is no minimum, but I do ask that all of you give what you can.

Children with Type I diabetes are insulin-dependant for life: they will not outgrow juvenile diabetes. Children with Type I diabetes and their families are in a constant struggle to manage blood-sugar levels with six or more daily finger pricks to test blood, at least two shots of insulin a day, and careful monitoring of exercise and food intake. This is not a cure – it only allows a child to stay alive!

In addition to drastic reduction in quality of life and average life span shortened 15 years, diabetes carries the life-long threat of other devastating complications such as kidney failure, blindness, amputation, heart attack, and stroke. Thanks to the continuous generosity of family and friends like you, a cure is closer than ever.

With your support, we hope that children with diabetes will soon be able to enjoy happy, active, normal lives.

Thanks in advance and WAR EAGLE!

No problem. We have a fund-raiser every year for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. It's called DAD's Day and we have it every Saturday before Father's Day.

Dollars Against Diabetes (DAD’s Day) is an annual campaign spearheaded by the Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO. Since DAD’s Day was created in 1987, over $17 million has been raised by thousands of union members, their families and friends. They are stationed at busy street corners all over the country requesting donations from passing motorists to benefit the Diabetes Research Institute. Union members also raise additional funds through walk-a-thons, golf and softball tournaments, raffles and other local events. Over the years, DAD’s Day has been recognized by U.S. Senators, Cabinet members, Governors and even the President of the United States.

I have particpated in this fundraiser for three years. Most apprentices are required to participate.

http://www.dadsday.org/

http://www.dadsday.org/donatingCities.html

Joilet, IL $52,178.00

We participated in this event when we were traveling in that area for three years. Down south, the unions don't particiapte in the event as much as they do up north. I intend on making the trip to Joliet, IL for the fundraiser this year.

OK guys, we're not doing too well here. We still need $655 to reach the goal. How many of you are willing to give just $5 each? There are 2693 registered members on this board. Certainly we can raise at least $500 by Saturday. Can't we? It's a great cause AND tax deductible!!

Archived