Sunshine Pumping Thread

CircleDrill

I freaking love Auburn football.

Do you guys realize that we are in the midst of one of the best seasons of SEC football in recent memory? You have at least 4 really good teams in the west and 3 really good teams in the east. Nobody is undefeated, yet any one of them could still end up in Atlanta in 1 month. How exciting is that?

We are playing like old school Auburn right now. Every game is going to be a nail-biter. That means it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you (and I) be in the stands ready to get behind that team for every remaning game possible!

I am not one of these people that seems to already have conceded a loss in our last 2 SEC games. I hope to win every Saturday from here on out, and will be there to do what I can to help out with that.

This season, more than anything, is testing US...the Auburn family...to see what we are made of. Will you go and support a team that needs you, or will you complain and cry about style points eventhough we are 8-1 going into Amen Corner?

This is why it's called "Amen Corner" folks. You don't just walk through unafraid. It takes everything you got, a little luck, and some prayers to come out on the other side.

I love it. WDE!

Do you guys realize that we are in the midst of one of the best seasons of SEC football in recent memory? You have at least 4 really good teams in the west and 3 really good teams in the east. Nobody is undefeated, yet any one of them could still end up in Atlanta in 1 month. How exciting is that?

We are playing like old school Auburn right now. Every game is going to be a nail-biter. That means it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you (and I) be in the stands ready to get behind that team for every remaning game possible!

I am not one of these people that seems to already have conceded a loss in our last 2 SEC games. I hope to win every Saturday from here on out, and will be there to do what I can to help out with that.

This season, more than anything, is testing US...the Auburn family...to see what we are made of. Will you go and support a team that needs you, or will you complain and cry about style points eventhough we are 8-1 going into Amen Corner?

This is why it's called "Amen Corner" folks. You don't just walk through unafraid. It takes everything you got, a little luck, and some prayers to come out on the other side.

I love it. WDE!

Right on!! Sounds like you enjoyed the game.

I'll be at ARKY State...who's going with me!!!??? :)

:au::homer:

Right on bro! It is funny how being proud of an 8-1 season and top 5 ranking thus far is seen as being a bad thing to some.

Dang straight, Circle!!!!!! I expect us to win out, finish 11-1. I am hoping like hell, that UT and LSU take down the hawgs so we can go to Atlanta. Then take care of business there. THese last 3 games are going to test our Tigers. If we can get fortunate enough to go to SECCG then we got that shot at going to a BCS game.

I hopefully will be at the Arky St and UGA game. I will cheering on the Tigers no matter what.

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger.

I love it. WDE!

AMEN BROTHER!!! This is old school football. I've been racking my brain for the right terminology, but you hit the nail on the head. I'll be there for UGA screaming till I have no voice left. I just about :puke::puke: last night after the UT game when Fowler said that :au: didn't get any style points for barely sqeaking by :om: . Give me a break!! Every SEC game is tough! Period!!

I'm sick enough to :puke: about style points. Throw any upper eschelon team in the SEC and they'll drop the talk of style points. It'll be about winning games and not about margin of victory.

WDE and just win, baby!

I proud of the whole damn program. I proud of CTT for sticking to his core beliefs and spreading them throughout the season. I proud of the players for just being there to represent us in a respectful manner unlike some southern Florida programs. Thank you for choosing Auburn University to begin your professional life's journey. You won't regret it.

War "Damn" Eagle

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Only 2 conference losses in 3 years, 4 losses total in 3 years.

ENJOY THE RIDE!!

count me in for the Sunshine Pumping!

we are riding a high in auburn football history! these are 'Dye-esque' years of the 80s! how great is it to enter every game with the expectation of WINNING it, and be right!

do we blow people out? nah. do we make games closer than they should be? yeah. do we win? yeah...many many many more times than not!

this team has gutted out two HUGE victories and come through in the clutch in a few others, including USC and Ole Miss.

oh yeah...war eagle, baby!

nothing will keep me from enjoying the success our football team is achieving...not even 256 yards of offense by ole miss. not even the dumb penalties (hey...how's this for pumping...those penalties can be corrected! lack of talent can't!).

i've said it before, and i'll say it again...i like winning.

and in closing, let me remind each and everyone of you to vote. :)

if you're in doubt about for whom to vote, PM me.

ct

Hey, the reality is that we are doing just fine. What if your team was the perennial cellar dweller, Bammer? - Or powerhouses, Miami or FSU?

Margin of victory was to be taken out of the equation a couple of years ago. Somehow, it still remains. We take a knee inside the opponents 10 yard line and let the game run out w/o getting the style points. That is called good sportsmanship.

Screw style, I appreciate "class" much more. Keep the faith; we may eventually be recognized, and we may get our shot. AU is about winning with class, character and sportsmanship. If such is underappreciated, so be it.

Read this if you want to feel good about our team and coaches.

Tigers' winning attitude starts with Tuberville

Page 2 of 2

The game was in the balance, but Tuberville didn't have to call time and weigh his options. Safety Eric Brock walked in his direction and shouted, "Coach, coach, go for it!" but Tuberville didn't need the encouragement.

Did anyone in the stadium, in the state, in these United States question whether Tuberville would question going for it?

"How long have you been watching me?" the Auburn coach said after the game. "There was no question."

Advertisement

Actually, there was one during an Ole Miss timeout. Tuberville wanted to run wide because the defense would be stacked inside. When Borges instead chose a quick inside handoff to fullback Carl Stewart, Tuberville delivered a personal message to senior guard and Mississippi native Tim Duckworth.

With a finger in Duckworth's chest, Tuberville said: "This is for you. We're back here in Mississippi. This is your show."

Here, in his first head coaching job at Ole Miss, Tuberville learned how to seize the moment. He made the transition to Auburn and the transformation from used-car salesman to elder statesman, but he hasn't lost that touch.

Duckworth and friends created a crease. Stewart, who needed less than a yard, got six. Auburn got three more snaps and an easier field goal for a six-point lead. Ole Miss got exactly one more snap before time and hope expired.

Voters and computers may process the final score and conclude that Auburn failed Saturday. Failed to cover. Failed to impress. Failed to make a case for itself as the best team in the conference, let alone the best of the one-loss teams in the country.

But the more SEC football you watch, the more you appreciate the beauty of each and every victory, even the ugly ones, especially on the road.

The Auburn seniors need two more victories to leave school as the winningest class in school history. Maybe that's why Courtney Taylor doesn't critique the victories. He's too busy counting them.

"To me, a win is a win," Taylor said. "I don't care how it looks or how it goes. We feel like we're one of the better teams in the nation.

"If you want to put one of those top-dog teams against us, that's fine with me. It might be ugly, but hey, we're going to win. That's our attitude."

It's a winning attitude.

And it starts at the top. Kevin Scarbinsky's column appears Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Write him at kscarbinsky@bhamnews.com.

Archived