3. FIU 0-8

4. Memphis 1-7

5. Temple 1-7

6. NC 1-7

7. La. Monroe 1-7

8. Buffalo 1-7

9. S.D. St. 1-6

10. UNLV 1-7

The order may be arguable but these are certainly all bad teams. It is worth noting tha bama has played three of these 10 while we have played one. So 3 of bama's 6 wins to date have come against teams in the Bottom 10 in the country. Throw in Hawaii and there is no doubt who had the easier schedule?

Hey at least you guys dont have a 1aa team on your schedule this year.

I thought we did. Aren't they moving Bama down in classification?

Big difference, BG.

:ua: 's 3 opponents are 1-23 and are ranked in ESPN's bottom 10.

The 2 you mention of ours are 8-8 and are not ranked in the bottom 10.

Big difference, BG.

Ouch

Big difference, BG.

Yeah huge difference between Buffalo and Duke. Buffalo is 1-7 with a 9-3 win over temple. Tulane is 3-5 with wins over Mrs State, Army, and Rice. And arkansas st is 5-3 in the sunbelt. THey managed to beat la monroe 10-6...we beat them 41-7. Congrats!

Dont know where you got 8-8 from. 9-15 is what i see.

Because Tulane and Arkansas St are powerhouses...

Easy there BG, Arkansas state might play you guys in a bowl. :poke:

Big difference, BG.

Yeah huge difference between Buffalo and Duke. Buffalo is 1-7 with a 9-3 win over temple. Tulane is 3-5 with wins over Mrs State, Army, and Rice. And arkansas st is 5-3 in the sunbelt. THey managed to beat la monroe 10-6...we beat them 41-7. Congrats!

Dont know where you got 8-8 from. 9-15 is what i see.

Must be that Alerbammer math. You didn't bring Buffalo into the mix until after my response.

Therefore, according to my cyphering: (5-3)+(3-5)=8-8

The Duke/Buffalo comparison is amusing. Having a team with 1 win is a huge difference when you are sitting winless on the season.

1-7 still beats 0-8. Wanna compare offensive stats for the 2?

TIS....you have to draw BG pictures sometimes whem it comes to math. Show it this way:

Tulane 3-5

Arkansas St. 5-3

The sum of those BG is 8-8 even at :ua:

bama's had an easier out of conference run... it's tougher to play one good team (wazzou) than it is to play none.

bama's had an easier out of conference run... it's tougher to play one good team (wazzou) than it is to play none.

Careful, BG will accuse you of calling him a liar.

Careful, BG will accuse you of calling him a liar.

No...see the difference (though it must be quite tough for you to grasp)...is that I ACKNOWLEDGED the oversight in this thread. But thanks for ruining two threads over this stupid crap.

"Stupid crap" = The Truth (uat "math")

Because Tulane and Arkansas St are powerhouses...

Dude. Look at that list. Buffalo is the worst team we play and you have 3 teams ranked below them. You literally scheduled the #1 and #2 worst teams in 1A football.

Its all relative right? I mean if you are playing the 101st team and we are playing the 103rd team...you guys have the most powerful schedule in history...

Seriously, the best OOC team not named Wash St on your schedule beat the WORST team on our schedule by 4 points. We beat them by 34.

So arent you nitpicking at this point? We tried several teams before we got Duke at the last minute. Michigan and Michigan St both turned us down.

Neither school has an ooc schedule to brag about. And Hawaii is in the top 30...they are proving to be a decent OOC team.

Next year we play FSU and pickup UGA in the east. So it wont be a problem then.

Its all relative right? I mean if you are playing the 101st team and we are playing the 103rd team...you guys have the most powerful schedule in history...yeah but our losers can beat your losers :big:

Seriously, the best OOC team not named Wash St on your schedule beat the WORST team on our schedule by 4 points. We beat them by 34.----oh wow now we get into the comparative score bit.

So arent you nitpicking at this point? We tried several teams before we got Duke at the last minute. Michigan and Michigan St both turned us down.----yeah and we got turned down by several biggies too. what's your point?

Neither school has an ooc schedule to brag about. ----who was bragging about anything? Is stating facts bragging?

And Hawaii is in the top 30...they are proving to be a decent OOC team.---wow, in the Top 30. Wonder what you would find if you went all the way to 50?

Next year we play FSU and pickup UGA in the east. So it wont be a problem then.----no one was even talking about next year but that's a nice way of doing your usual thing of changing direction when you are backed in a corner with facts. Just go back and read my original post that started this thread and tell me what was said that isn't fact.

yeah and we got turned down by several biggies too. what's your point?

who was bragging about anything? Is stating facts bragging?

I didnt start the dang (note to WarTim...i used dang instead of the other word) thread. I was merely replying.

You guys are the ones touting Buffalo, Arky St, and Tulane as some big time power teams when compared to our OOC schools.

Be honest...is there really a difference in scheduling the #100 as opposed to the #119?

i'm gonna go with bg on this one. we had a one-game schedule out of conference. no argument from me. that one-team is probably going to finish either 2nd or 3rd in the pac-10 (should finish 9-3 with arizona, asu, and washington left... win out and they're 6-2 in conference). hawaii was the best team bama played.

i've said since 2004, there is absolutely zero percent difference in playing the 80th best team and the 100th best team when you're a good team. that's why the "auburn didn't play anyone ooc" argument was so silly to me. ou and usc didn't COMBINE for the number of top teams we played, but somehow they playing #80 to our wcu was the important factor in evaluating the teams? really? auburn has played more top level opponents (to this point in the year) than bama (3-1 against wazzou, lsu, arkansas, and florida; bama is 0-3 against arkansas, florida, and tennessee). their schedule is tougher than our's because of the road games. think playing in death valley or the swamp would've impacted those games for us? i do.

I think AU's schedule at this point is a little tougher than ours has been because Id say LSU > UT and WSU is a little better than UH.

But by the end of the year id say ours was tougher because UT>UGA and UT, UF, LSU, and Arky on the road.

yeah and we got turned down by several biggies too. what's your point?

who was bragging about anything? Is stating facts bragging?

I didnt start the dang (note to WarTim...i used dang instead of the other word) thread. I was merely replying.

You guys are the ones touting Buffalo, Arky St, and Tulane as some big time power teams when compared to our OOC schools.

Be honest...is there really a difference in scheduling the #100 as opposed to the #119?

Be "honest". Do you REALLY believe that MICHIGAN or STATE would not play you out of any type "fear" of your "Team"?

i'm gonna go with bg on this one. we had a one-game schedule out of conference. no argument from me. that one-team is probably going to finish either 2nd or 3rd in the pac-10 (should finish 9-3 with arizona, asu, and washington left... win out and they're 6-2 in conference). hawaii was the best team bama played.

i've said since 2004, there is absolutely zero percent difference in playing the 80th best team and the 100th best team when you're a good team. that's why the "auburn didn't play anyone ooc" argument was so silly to me. ou and usc didn't COMBINE for the number of top teams we played, but somehow they playing #80 to our wcu was the important factor in evaluating the teams? really? auburn has played more top level opponents (to this point in the year) than bama (3-1 against wazzou, lsu, arkansas, and florida; bama is 0-3 against arkansas, florida, and tennessee). their schedule is tougher than our's because of the road games. think playing in death valley or the swamp would've impacted those games for us? i do.

I agree that if it come between two teams with equal records, look at what top teams they beat before comparing what bottom teams they pounded.

That being said, I think it'd be hard to argue that our schedules are exactly equal.

Top to bottom differences in schedule:

Auburn===========Bama

Buffalo===========Duke

Arkansas St.=======FIU

Tulane===========ULM

South Carolina=====Vanderbilt

Washington St.=====Hawaii

Georgia===========Tennessee

I think it's pretty obvious

Archived