The Bottom 10 teams

Proud Tiger

yeah and we got turned down by several biggies too. what's your point?

who was bragging about anything? Is stating facts bragging?

I didnt start the dang (note to WarTim...i used dang instead of the other word) thread. I was merely replying.

You guys are the ones touting Buffalo, Arky St, and Tulane as some big time power teams when compared to our OOC schools.

Be honest...is there really a difference in scheduling the #100 as opposed to the #119?

BG......I didn't say you started the thread. I do have sense enough to know I started it. All did was post a Bottom 10 list I had seen elswwhere and made the comment that bama played three of these and we played one. Now stop right there for a minute.

Is there anything that is not fact? Did I say or conclude that this meant bama had an easier schedule? Did I start any yada, yada, yada about who's losers could beat the other's? The answer to all these questions is....

.....NO, you did. And you proceded to get your panties in a when anyone tried to rebut your comments, even saying we called you a liar. What am I missing?

I dont understand why you keep trying to follow me around and start crap. There's a common thread with all these posts...things dont get hostile until you or PCola bring your flame thrower. You avoid OBVIOUS points I make and nit pick little things and try to twist my position. Galen and I argue ALL THE TIME and it never gets like this. Because while he and I totally disagree...he's not childish about it. He doesnt follow me around thread to thread trying to start stuff.

I said you called me a liar in another thread. Which you did.

I made points about us trying to get other schools WHICH IS A FACT that has definite bearing on the current conversation and you try to get all snotty about it.

Your FACTS are so insignificant. You are puffing up your chest because AU is playing the 101st best team and we are playing the 119th? I mean come on. Is that worth being snotty about?

Both of our OOC schedules suck. The FACT of the matter is...one of the teams you are playing (arkansas st) is 4 points better than the worst team on our schedule ULM. Buffalo is 1-7 and is IN FACT one of the absolute WORST teams in the country. As a matter of FACT CBS has them ranked 116th out of 119. Arky St is ranked 102nd in their poll. And Tulane 95th.

So yes...your composite 104.3 is better than our composite 117.3.

Congrats.

you're looking at the schedule "to this point." i'm not. and like i said, wipe the buffalo over... tulane over... etc. right off. i repeat: there is no difference between the 80th team and the 119th. crappy football is crappy football. it might make for closer scores, but it doesn't make for fewer wins.

at the season's end it'll look like this:

bama....auburn

at lsu > vs. lsu

at arkansas > vs. arkansas

at florida > vs. florida

at tennessee > at georgia

vs. auburn > at bama

vs. hawaii < vs. wazzou

vs. vandy? <<< at south carolina

after that? it's just crappy football teams for each team no matter how you slice them. when all's said and done, the bama schedule is tougher. that won't be the case next year (when auburn picks up wvu, goes on the road to uga, lsu, and florida, and gets uga and bama at home).

OK, from what I have seen through the months on this board, I will make this comment.

It does seem the BG gets jumped on by certain members more often than not.

Yes, he's a bama fan, but he does tend to look at things more balanced than your typical fan. Also, not that this matters a ton, but he has been on this board (and the one previous) a lot longer than most people on here now.

Disagree all you want, but don't take personal shots, be civil and all will be good.

(now off to sing Kumbaya)

Richt is 3-0 against UT at Neyland. I wouldn't say UT is a given better team then us next year.

And Im not so sure Stafford with another year under his belt isnt better than Ainge next year (sorry im not sold on Ainge shaking the head issues).

It definitely will be a different UGA team than this year's.

I dont understand why you keep trying to follow me around and start crap. ---you are really lame today. Follow you around?-- The facts are right before your eyes. I started the thread and right away in your first post you started the sarcasm that resulted in the thread going south.

There's a common thread with all these posts...things dont get hostile until you or PCola bring your flame thrower. You avoid OBVIOUS points I make and nit pick little things and try to twist my position. Galen and I argue ALL THE TIME and it never gets like this. Because while he and I totally disagree...he's not childish about it. He doesnt follow me around thread to thread trying to start stuff.----same comment as above.

I said you called me a liar in another thread. Which you did.---and I'm still waitng for you to quote even one sentence where I called you a liar. Put up or shut up.

I made points about us trying to get other schools WHICH IS A FACT that has definite bearing on the current conversation and you try to get all snotty about it.---I didn't get snotty. I just said other biggies had turned us down too. what's snotty about that?

Your FACTS are so insignificant.----my facts may very well be insignificant. that's for the readers to decide. But your facts are often just plain wrong as we have seen lately.

You are puffing up your chest because AU is playing the 101st best team and we are playing the 119th? I mean come on. Is that worth being snotty about?---I don't think I said any such thing. The fact is I said bama had played three teams in the bottom 10 I showed and we had played one. I stand by that fact. Can you read?

Both of our OOC schedules suck. The FACT of the matter is...one of the teams you are playing (arkansas st) is 4 points better than the worst team on our schedule ULM. Buffalo is 1-7 and is IN FACT one of the absolute WORST teams in the country. As a matter of FACT CBS has them ranked 116th out of 119. Arky St is ranked 102nd in their poll. And Tulane 95th.----I never brought up Tulane or Arky St. one way or another, you did.

So yes...your composite 104.3 is better than our composite 117.3.----and?

Congrats.---thank you. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

I dont understand why you keep trying to follow me around and start crap. There's a common thread with all these posts...things dont get hostile until you or PCola bring your flame thrower. You avoid OBVIOUS points I make and nit pick little things and try to twist my position. Galen and I argue ALL THE TIME and it never gets like this. Because while he and I totally disagree...he's not childish about it. He doesnt follow me around thread to thread trying to start stuff.

I know you are but what am I? :poke:

i'm gonna go with bg on this one. we had a one-game schedule out of conference. no argument from me. that one-team is probably going to finish either 2nd or 3rd in the pac-10 (should finish 9-3 with arizona, asu, and washington left... win out and they're 6-2 in conference). hawaii was the best team bama played.

i've said since 2004, there is absolutely zero percent difference in playing the 80th best team and the 100th best team when you're a good team. that's why the "auburn didn't play anyone ooc" argument was so silly to me. ou and usc didn't COMBINE for the number of top teams we played, but somehow they playing #80 to our wcu was the important factor in evaluating the teams? really? auburn has played more top level opponents (to this point in the year) than bama (3-1 against wazzou, lsu, arkansas, and florida; bama is 0-3 against arkansas, florida, and tennessee). their schedule is tougher than our's because of the road games. think playing in death valley or the swamp would've impacted those games for us? i do.

I agree that if it come between two teams with equal records, look at what top teams they beat before comparing what bottom teams they pounded.

That being said, I think it'd be hard to argue that our schedules are exactly equal.

Top to bottom differences in schedule:

Auburn===========Bama

Buffalo===========Duke

Arkansas St.=======FIU

Tulane===========ULM

South Carolina=====Vanderbilt

Washington St.=====Hawaii

Georgia===========Tennessee

I think it's pretty obvious

Arky St = FIU, are you kidding? Arky St went to bowl game last year and are one win away from going to another one this year. WSU would still beat UH by a couple of TDs. No arguments on the others

OK, from what I have seen through the months on this board, I will make this comment.

It does seem the BG gets jumped on by certain members more often than not.

Yes, he's a bama fan, but he does tend to look at things more balanced than your typical fan. Also, not that this matters a ton, but he has been on this board (and the one previous) a lot longer than most people on here now.

Disagree all you want, but don't take personal shots, be civil and all will be good.

(now off to sing Kumbaya)

Agreed.

Leave it to slink to inject some logic into the thread. :cheer:

i'm gonna go with bg on this one. we had a one-game schedule out of conference. no argument from me. that one-team is probably going to finish either 2nd or 3rd in the pac-10 (should finish 9-3 with arizona, asu, and washington left... win out and they're 6-2 in conference). hawaii was the best team bama played.

i've said since 2004, there is absolutely zero percent difference in playing the 80th best team and the 100th best team when you're a good team. that's why the "auburn didn't play anyone ooc" argument was so silly to me. ou and usc didn't COMBINE for the number of top teams we played, but somehow they playing #80 to our wcu was the important factor in evaluating the teams? really? auburn has played more top level opponents (to this point in the year) than bama (3-1 against wazzou, lsu, arkansas, and florida; bama is 0-3 against arkansas, florida, and tennessee). their schedule is tougher than our's because of the road games. think playing in death valley or the swamp would've impacted those games for us? i do.

I agree that if it come between two teams with equal records, look at what top teams they beat before comparing what bottom teams they pounded.

That being said, I think it'd be hard to argue that our schedules are exactly equal.

Top to bottom differences in schedule:

Auburn===========Bama

Buffalo===========Duke

Arkansas St.=======FIU

Tulane===========ULM

South Carolina=====Vanderbilt

Washington St.=====Hawaii

Georgia===========Tennessee

I think it's pretty obvious

Arky St = FIU, are you kidding? Arky St went to bowl game last year and are one win away from going to another one this year. WSU would still beat UH by a couple of TDs. No arguments on the others

Sorry, I guess I should have been clearer. Those equal signs were for spacing purposes. I bolded the games I thought were clearly tougher (i.e. every one except Georgia/Tennessee, which is a closer call than most of those IMO). For the record, FIU isn't even = Buffalo, according to the first post of this thread.

*sigh* but this IS the woodshed. If we can't jump on him here, then where? I get **** for going to any other school's forum, why shouldn't I dish it out when someone comes here and tries to argue his case.

*sigh* but this IS the woodshed. If we can't jump on him here, then where? I get **** for going to any other school's forum, why shouldn't I dish it out when someone comes here and tries to argue his case.

Amen brother.

Big difference, BG.

:ua: 's 3 opponents are 1-23 and are ranked in ESPN's bottom 10.

The 2 you mention of ours are 8-8 and are not ranked in the bottom 10.

Yeah huge difference between Buffalo and Duke. Buffalo is 1-7 with a 9-3 win over temple. Tulane is 3-5 with wins over Mrs State, Army, and Rice. And arkansas st is 5-3 in the sunbelt. THey managed to beat la monroe 10-6...we beat them 41-7. Congrats!

Dont know where you got 8-8 from. 9-15 is what i see.

once again...BG struggles with math... You said this:

Because Tulane and Arkansas St are powerhouses...

To which TIGER In Spain wrote this:

Big difference, BG.

:ua: 3 opponents are 1-23 and are ranked in ESPN's bottom 10.

The 2 you mention of ours are 8-8 and are not ranked in the bottom 10.

Now this is where it gets really difficult for you BG...pay close attention.... Tiger in spain is using your reference of TWO teams.... note the number 2 in his post and the two teams you mentioned which were Tulane and Arkansas State. Now, stay with me.. Tulane is (by your numbers, so can't guarantee accuracy there) 3-5 and Arkansas State is 5-3.. now 3 wins + 5 wins = 8 wins.... 5 losses + 3 losses = 8 losses...

thus we have the 8-8 record from the TWO teams you referenced... Again, BG, why is simple math so difficult for you. You've really had a bad day with that addition thing...

Next year we play FSU and pickup UGA in the east. So it wont be a problem then.

Won't be much better...FSU sucks... that program is dead and burried...

Now this is where it gets really difficult for you BG...pay close attention.... Tiger in spain is using your reference of TWO teams.... note the number 2 in his post and the two teams you mentioned which were Tulane and Arkansas State. Now, stay with me.. Tulane is (by your numbers, so can't guarantee accuracy there) 3-5 and Arkansas State is 5-3.. now 3 wins + 5 wins = 8 wins.... 5 losses + 3 losses = 8 losses...

thus we have the 8-8 record from the TWO teams you referenced... Again, BG, why is simple math so difficult for you. You've really had a bad day with that addition thing...

Listen...Im going to say this once and Im not going to say this again...Im getting pretty sick and tired of your piss poor condescending attitude. Its one thing to joke around from time to time or a good natured ribbing. But for about the last year you've been on my ass about every little thing I posted. And Im getting pretty freaking sick of it. You know what...be a freaking grown up. We are on a MESSAGE BOARD. I know you feel like every time you and PT run behind me and point out some little misstep, you think its cute...and you've got some great victory over the "evil bama nation" but you havent.

You are being very childish. You guys keep nuking threads because of some petty BULL$(@). And its old. We get it. You dont like alabama..."they are the enemy". We also get it...you dont know how to carry on an ADULT conversation without ruining it for everyone.

Ive asked kindly MULTIPLE times for you and your buddy to stop chasing me around this site ruining every thread I post on with some petty crap.

Why is it that a RIVAL fan starts less problem on this board than YOU? None of my threads get locked until you or PT start up with some trash. Maybe that should tell you something.

You can try and insult my intelligence once or twice and it can pass by as funny. But after a while, it gets old and insulting.

From now on, why dont I follow you around...and every little error you make...or every time you post something that can be taken more than one way...im going to dog you for it...to no end. Im gonna make it my personal duty to make you look like an idiot after every post you make. Sound petty? Look in the mirror.

Next time you want to question my IQ...id be more than happy to sit down with you and compare IQ scores. Next time you want to question my math skills...id be MORE than happy to show you that I have a math minor and a degree from the college of engineering.

You think you're being cute. You're really just being annoying. I asked many times as nicely as I could for you to back off.

Just for clarification (since you cant seem to LET IT GO):

For starters...I explained my post in the first thread...that it was not a math error. I was trying to convey a totally different point...in a joking manner i might add. YOU went on for 3 flippin pages telling ME what I mean. And when I said I KNOW what I meant...you procede to tell me Im a liar.

And in THIS thread I already explained that it was my mistake for not noticing that Buffalo wasnt included in the numbers. Yet you CONTINUE to ignore what I post just so you can try to tell me that I dont know how to add 5+3. How old are you? 7? or 8?

Im done. Its people like you that make it tough for anyone to feel welcome in a place like this. Because I cant have ANY kind of back and forth banter on this site without you coming behind me pointing a finger.

Thanks for not being a grown up.

I dont understand why you keep trying to follow me around and start crap. There's a common thread with all these posts...things dont get hostile until you or PCola bring your flame thrower.

BG, I don't bring a flame thrower..believe me you would know it if I did. I don't need one..This is an Auburn board.. I will not apologize for my allegiance to Auburn nor will you appologize for your allegiance to UAT. I totally hate uat and everything they stand for. I detest their arrogant fan base, and their fake MNC's... I am on an Auburn board where I can freely do so. I am not going to a UAT site(never have, never will) to start a war with UAT fans.. I will defend my position whether you like it or not. I will NEVER, EVER root for UAT to win anything, at any time..and I have that right. Sorry, not everybody likes your team of choice. Lastly, UAT did not invent College Football like you seem to believe they did.....

You can defend your team without being an ass towards me personally.

Galen does it. Tigrinium does it. Titan does it...even David does it. And I PROMISE you...you dont hate bama more than david does.

I disagre with you guys all the time. But Im not condescending. At least not intentionally. I try to argue my point with numbers/statistics...and decent logic and reasoning. I never follow around individual posters and ride them about everything.

Listen...Im going to say this once and Im not going to say this again...Im getting pretty sick and tired of your piss poor condescending attitude. Its one thing to joke around from time to time or a good natured ribbing. But for about the last year you've been on my ass about every little thing I posted. And Im getting pretty freaking sick of it. You know what...be a freaking grown up. We are on a MESSAGE BOARD. I know you feel like every time you and PT run behind me and point out some little misstep, you think its cute...and you've got some great victory over the "evil bama nation" but you havent.

You are being very childish. You guys keep nuking threads because of some petty BULL$(@). And its old. We get it. You dont like alabama..."they are the enemy". We also get it...you dont know how to carry on an ADULT conversation without ruining it for everyone.

Ive asked kindly MULTIPLE times for you and your buddy to stop chasing me around this site ruining every thread I post on with some petty crap.

Why is it that a RIVAL fan starts less problem on this board than YOU? None of my threads get locked until you or PT start up with some trash. Maybe that should tell you something.

You can try and insult my intelligence once or twice and it can pass by as funny. But after a while, it gets old and insulting.

From now on, why dont I follow you around...and every little error you make...or every time you post something that can be taken more than one way...im going to dog you for it...to no end. Im gonna make it my personal duty to make you look like an idiot after every post you make. Sound petty? Look in the mirror.

Next time you want to question my IQ...id be more than happy to sit down with you and compare IQ scores. Next time you want to question my math skills...id be MORE than happy to show you that I have a math minor and a degree from the college of engineering.

You think you're being cute. You're really just being annoying. I asked many times as nicely as I could for you to back off.

Just for clarification (since you cant seem to LET IT GO):

For starters...I explained my post in the first thread...that it was not a math error. I was trying to convey a totally different point...in a joking manner i might add. YOU went on for 3 flippin pages telling ME what I mean. And when I said I KNOW what I meant...you procede to tell me Im a liar.

And in THIS thread I already explained that it was my mistake for not noticing that Buffalo wasnt included in the numbers. Yet you CONTINUE to ignore what I post just so you can try to tell me that I dont know how to add 5+3. How old are you? 7? or 8?

Im done. Its people like you that make it tough for anyone to feel welcome in a place like this. Because I cant have ANY kind of back and forth banter on this site without you coming behind me pointing a finger.

Thanks for not being a grown up.

No your first post was just a sarcastic one that started the whole thing. You "tried to explain" in subsequent post. And you say you are done. That's good to hear, but just for the record......

You quit without ever showing me anywhere that I called you a liar.

And after some of your remarks above implying you you are being picked on here on an Auburn board, let me be the first to say.......don't let the door hit you in the back. Heck you can't even get along with your buds over on Crimson Tusks.

And after some of your remarks above implying you you are being picked on here on an Auburn board, let me be the first to say.......don't let the door hit you in the back. Heck you can't even get along with your buds over on Crimson Tusks.

They never were my buds. As a matter of fact...they dont like me because I post over here.

But what I think is quite telling...more people around here are annoyed by you than they are me...on a flippin Auburn board. That should let you know a thing or two about what your attitude says about you.

When I explained what I meant about the 4-3 thing...and you basically say "no thats not what you meant you are just saying that to cover your ass"...you are calling me a liar. Either I really did mean what I wrote...and subsequently REALLY did believe that I meant what I wrote...or I was covering my ass. I said I wasnt, you told me I was. In effect, calling me a liar.

They never were my buds. As a matter of fact...they dont like me because I post over here.---that's odd since you used to write regular recruiting column for that board.

But what I think is quite telling...more people around here are annoyed by you than they are me...on a flippin Auburn board. That should let you know a thing or two about what your attitude says about you.---sounds like you have an ego problem. Can you back up your statement? I find it funny that yet admit above one of your own boards doesn't like you. If I felt I wasn't liked on an Auburn board the last place I would go looking for sympathy would be a bama board. You seem to believe that folks like GG and others you mention like to give you a hard time but really love you. If only you knew. But I will let them speak for themselves.

When I explained what I meant about the 4-3 thing...and you basically say "no thats not what you meant you are just saying that to cover your ass"...you are calling me a liar. Either I really did mean what I wrote...and subsequently REALLY did believe that I meant what I wrote...or I was covering my ass. I said I wasnt, you told me I was. In effect, calling me a liar.---again I ask that you go back and read this entire thread. The fact is that it was Tiger in Spain who tried to explain the error in your initial posts. So again I challenge you to show me where I called you a liar. Count from the top and tell me the exact post where i called you a liar or be man enough just to admit that I didn't. Frankly I don't really care.

Because:

1. This wasn't originally in the Woodshed. It started in the Football Forum where we're supposed to be able to discuss things a tad more reasonably...even if we're debating from opposing views.

2. Because despite what a handful of people here think about anyone who dares take up for their non-AU team here, not all rival fans are created equal. BG's track record here speaks for itself. He isn't unreasonable and doesn't come here starting flame wars.

BG, Southlink and a handful of other rival fans here are part of what makes this board the best Auburn board (IMO) around and I'll be damned if I'm going to just sit back and let people treat any of them like they are worthless or idiots for taking up for their team. Sure, they sometimes are homers...so are we for Auburn.

All I'm saying is, if you're going to ride some body...don't do it just because they are a rival fan that doesn't come in here kissing ass and genuflecting at Samford Hall. I hate that attitude on the bammer boards and don't want to see it here.

Because:

1. This wasn't originally in the Woodshed. It started in the Football Forum where we're supposed to be able to discuss things a tad more reasonably...even if we're debating from opposing views.

2. Because despite what a handful of people here think about anyone who dares take up for their non-AU team here, not all rival fans are created equal. BG's track record here speaks for itself. He isn't unreasonable and doesn't come here starting flame wars.

BG, Southlink and a handful of other rival fans here are part of what makes this board the best Auburn board (IMO) around and I'll be damned if I'm going to just sit back and let people treat any of them like they are worthless or idiots for taking up for their team. Sure, they sometimes are homers...so are we for Auburn.

All I'm saying is, if you're going to ride some body...don't do it just because they are a rival fan that doesn't come in here kissing ass and genuflecting at Samford Hall. I hate that attitude on the bammer boards and don't want to see it here.

So it's OK for someone to call you a liar and not back it up. Go read this thread and tell me where I started any flaming. I have nothing personal against BG. We could probably sit face to face and have a beer and laugh at the nonsense here. You might remember that in a way I gave BG his handle here. He used to be BamaStudent03 and kept using that after he graduated until I suggested it he change it to BamaGrad03.

I'm more than willing to have civil discussions but , using your terminology, I will be damned if I will just sit by and let BG or anyone else accuse me of something I didn't do (call him a liar).

Because:

So it's OK for someone to call you a liar and not back it up. Go read this thread and tell me where I started any flaming. I have nothing personal against BG. We could probably sit face to face and have a beer and laugh at the nonsense here. You might remember that in a way I gave BG his handle here. He used to be BamaStudent03 and kept using that after he graduated until I suggested it he change it to BamaGrad03.

I'm more than willing to have civil discussions but , using your terminology, I will be damned if I will just sit by and let BG or anyone else accuse me of something I didn't do (call him a liar).

This sort of thing started long before any discussions over whether someone called him a liar. (Actually from what I saw, someone...don't remember who...heavily implied he was lying even if they didn't use the actual word "liar.")

Regardless, I've been noticing this for a while. I didn't name names because it wasn't just about this thread...I just took the opening AU! gave with his post to express it. The vitriol level has gone up toward people whose time logged here should grant them a little more respect.

All I'm saying is, everyone needs to dial it back a notch. We have some regular idiots here that deserve a verbal spanking. BG isn't one of them.

Archived