Cox's disease

bojack34

I know our QB has some sort of rare disease that affects his muscles and his eyesight and I was just wandering if I am the only one who thinks it might be affecting his game.

I've thought of that, but no one has said anything. I think it might be more of

confidence issue. When Cox is on there aren't many much better.

I don't think it effects the OL's blocking, the receivers getting open, the defense not tackling, the secondary not covering receivers, the offensive play calling, and the defensive schemes. :big:

Seriously, I think his only medical problem that is causing him a problem is his ankle. But I can bet you that Cox will not even use that as an excuse for his INTs. He is a competitor and he will bounce back.

Al Borges IS THE problem. This offense can be summed up in one word....

NALLSMINGER

A coach must coach around the weakness of his players. AB is not doing that.

I've thought of that, but no one has said anything. I think it might be more of

confidence issue. When Cox is on there aren't many much better.

I have to agree. In baseball, they call it a "slump." I love our coaches, but they should have gotten Cox back on track after all the interceptions he threw last week. It would be different if Cox had been throwing them all year.

NALLSMINGER

Gotta disagree with you on this one. The execution on the O-line and by Cox's throwing made it impossible to tell if the game plan would have worked or not. There was 0 execution on offense today.

NALLSMINGER

I blame Muschamp who couldn't make adjustments to stop a gimple QB DRAW!! :angry::angry::angry:

Mod Note: Guys, we have rules here, and they are going to be followed. All this crying about censorship is really getting old. This is a privately owned message board. The owner and the admins set the rules. The rules are in place for a reason, and will be enforced. If you want to cry about censorship, call your local or national government. It doesn't apply here... There has been a reminder post on the rules put up in the football forum. I suggest everybody read them. One of the rules we have is no bashing of the players. They are OFF LIMITS.

Mod Note: Guys, we have rules here, and they are going to be followed. All this crying about censorship is really getting old. This is a privately owned message board. The owner and the admins set the rules. The rules are in place for a reason, and will be enforced. If you want to cry about censorship, call your local or national government. It doesn't apply here... There has been a reminder post on the rules put up in the football forum. I suggest everybody read them. One of the rules we have is no bashing of the players. They are OFF LIMITS.

for the record, i am a definite supporter of brandon cox as our quarterback and one bad game doesn't change that.

that being said, what exactly entails "bashing" a player? i flat out said someone else sucked and didn't get censored, but i make a crack about cox not being able to tell who to throw to and i get censored? you can keep this little "privately owned" message board if you're going to run around deleting posts because they don't fit your slanted world view. sometimes the weight of the matter really does fall on one player, and they can be criticized just like any other part of the game can. i don't know what kind of party you're trying to run, but i really don't understand why you can't let the fans speak their minds, which is the reason your board exists in the first place.

censor me again if you want. flex that internet power.

NALLSMINGER

Gotta disagree with you on this one. The execution on the O-line and by Cox's throwing made it impossible to tell if the game plan would have worked or not. There was 0 execution on offense today.

That's because you misunderstand the comparison. Nallsminger also just called any ole play thinking like you, that if you execute, it will work. No joke. That's true about every team. It's the smart coaches that realize the weaknesses of his team and calls plays accordingly. If you can't get good protection, you don't throw downfield. Where were the short crossing routes? You know, Nallsminger didn't call those either. You have to call plays and coach according to the best chance to let you players succeed. This year the play calling has been atrocious. No creativity. So our line isn't as strong...how bout some misdirection. EVERY DAMN BODY IN THE STADIUM KNEW WE WOULD RUN TO THE MOTION SIDE. It has been this way all season. I once again lay the offense at AB's feet.

After watching the FL/USC game, I see where we easily get outcoached. They used the crossing route to death. You cannot tell me that R. Smith and the other WRs cannot run after catching the ball. We have not given them the same opportunities that we gave Aromashodu and Obumanu. If you cannot protect eh QB, you throw quick. AB calls the same damn play over and over after it has failed. I guess he is just waiting for them to "execute".

for the record, i am a definite supporter of brandon cox as our quarterback and one bad game doesn't change that.

that being said, what exactly entails "bashing" a player? i flat out said someone else sucked and didn't get censored, but i make a crack about cox not being able to tell who to throw to and i get censored? you can keep this little "privately owned" message board if you're going to run around deleting posts because they don't fit your slanted world view. sometimes the weight of the matter really does fall on one player, and they can be criticized just like any other part of the game can. i don't know what kind of party you're trying to run, but i really don't understand why you can't let the fans speak their minds, which is the reason your board exists in the first place.

GROW UP. These are 18-22 years old KIDS. Does it make you feel better hiding behind a keyboard bashing a 20 year old kid?? No one person set the rules here, they were set by a GROUP of people and they will be enforced. If you don't like the rules here, I suggest you post elsewhere. There are plenty of other boards out there that are more suited to your juvenile player bashing.

I know our QB has some sort of rare disease that affects his muscles and his eyesight and I was just wandering if I am the only one who thinks it might be affecting his game.

I saw a behind the scenes on Cox. I do not know what game it was but the network did a five minute story on him. The one thing that I remember was getting hit made it worse. Well every time he drops back he gets smacked. Our offensive line has been just that offensive. The poor kid has taken a beaten this year. :angry:

GROW UP. These are 18-22 years old KIDS. Does it make you feel better hiding behind a keyboard bashing a 20 year old kid?? No one person set the rules here, they were set by a GROUP of people and they will be enforced. If you don't like the rules here, I suggest you post elsewhere. There are plenty of other boards out there that are more suited to your juvenile player bashing.

i'm 21 and a senior here, therefore it does not faze me that they're kids. what they are in this context is pieces of a puzzle that make up a football team, and they influence its success on an individual level. no one is insulting the personal character of anyone on the football team, therefore the reaction on your end is a little out of line, in my opinion. i am totally ok with behaving myself and i enjoy this board more than any other i've come across, but i still really don't understand why you deleted my posts. i didn't bash brandon cox and i don't plan to. just made a joke about the relevance of the post. i don't have a problem with rules, i just have a problem with silly internet power trips.

i would like to continue to post here, so i'll agree to your terms and say no hard feelings. if we can't even get along within the fanbase, that's sad. :au:

i'm 21 and a senior here, therefore it does not faze me that they're kids. what they are in this context is pieces of a puzzle that make up a football team, and they influence its success on an individual level. no one is insulting the personal character of anyone on the football team, therefore the reaction on your end is a little out of line, in my opinion. i am totally ok with behaving myself and i enjoy this board more than any other i've come across, but i still really don't understand why you deleted my posts. i didn't bash brandon cox and i don't plan to. just made a joke about the relevance of the post. i don't have a problem with rules, i just have a problem with silly internet power trips.

i would like to continue to post here, so i'll agree to your terms and say no hard feelings. if we can't even get along within the fanbase, that's sad. :au:

I didn't delete your post. I deleted Metafours post..and will delete it everytime such attacks are posted. If someone else deleted your precious little post, take it up with them. It wasn't me. I'm not here to please you. I'm here because I love auburn and have been entrusted to do a job here. Whether you say my actions are out of line or not, is really not relevant to me at all. What matters is we aren't going to bash players here. PERIOD. We have rules here and when one of those rules is broken we step in. You are a kid yourself, how would you feel if everyone on a message board was saying how much you sucked at what you do?? It wouldn't sit to well with you I'm sure.

If you think they are silly internet power trips as you call them....you know where the door is...you can leave anytime you want....

Archived