Proclamation to all AU fans

AURainman

To all AU fans on this board.

I am not calling for pumping of sunshine.

I am not calling for an end to ALL greivances against the football staff.

I am calling for everyone to pull up their boot straps, grow a pair, and stop wallowing in self-pity. At midnight tonight, the UGA game should be behind us.

It's time to turn our hatred up a few notches. This is IRON BOWL WEEK!!

DEATH TO ALL THAT IS CRIMSON!!!!

After we lay a whoopin' on those Crimpsin Houndsteeth Bears, we can go back to whining all we want. But, first thing's first.

Get mad.

"Death to all that is dark pink".....Now where have I heard that before?

Since I've got until midnight, I'm going to go ahead and get this out of the way.

Beating Alabama is no longer enough to make a season. It's no longer the puzzle, it's just a piece of the puzzle. Beating Alabama is not a big deal. If we do, yippee. It won't change anything in terms of where this season could have/should have potentially gone. I'd rather beat Bama than not, but we've been there and done that. I'm ready for bigger things and disappointed when they don't happen. Beating Bama won't completely soothe that irritation.

And I'm glad for that. Very glad.

Dang GG, you must have some bad ass infection. Beating bama cures all my irritations ;)

I don't have anything for Bama. But I'm past them. We're past them. It pisses me off to hear goob smackers like Ray Melick say that Auburn judges its program by success against Alabama. Like hell. If you gave me the option of finishing 12-1 and winning the SEC if that lone loss was to Bama, I'd take 12-1 in a HEARTBEAT. Wouldn't even think about it.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't measure Auburn's worth based on what Alabama does or doesn't do. My aspirations are way bigger than that. Why would you care about a program that is in your shadow anyway?

I don't have anything for Bama. But I'm past them. We're past them. It pisses me off to hear goob smackers like Ray Melick say that Auburn judges its program by success against Alabama. Like hell. If you gave me the option of finishing 12-1 and winning the SEC if that lone loss was to Bama, I'd take 12-1 in a HEARTBEAT. Wouldn't even think about it.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't measure Auburn's worth based on what Alabama does or doesn't do. My aspirations are way bigger than that. Why would you care about a program that is in your shadow anyway?

I usually agree with what GG says. He is usually brutally honest and to the point, which I like.

However, in this case, this sounds like when some fans from other teams that we all know of say that the Auburn game does not matter and they would rather beat Tennessee because AU is not their biggest rival.

Just stating my thoughts. No offense GG.

Edit: I think I just figured out what GG is doing.... He is trying to put the reverse hoodoo out there!

Since I've got until midnight, I'm going to go ahead and get this out of the way.

Beating Alabama is no longer enough to make a season. It's no longer the puzzle, it's just a piece of the puzzle. Beating Alabama is not a big deal. If we do, yippee. It won't change anything in terms of where this season could have/should have potentially gone. I'd rather beat Bama than not, but we've been there and done that. I'm ready for bigger things and disappointed when they don't happen. Beating Bama won't completely soothe that irritation.

You got all the time you want. A proclamation is made by a king. And I have not heard any kings speak. So bitch on. I tend to agree at this stage of the game. Compare your program to the elite, not the has-beens....

Right now, we should still be in the best one-loss team category. Not the "they lost to an unranked team category." I hated losing to Arky, but they HAVE proven to be a formidable foe.

I usually agree with what GG says. He is usually brutally honest and to the point, which I like.

However, in this case, this sounds like when some fans from other teams that we all know of say that the Auburn game does not matter and they would rather beat Tennessee because AU is not their biggest rival.

Just stating my thoughts. No offense GG.

No, I'm not saying that. Alabama is and always will be our biggest rival. And we are theirs contrary to the lies they tell. Even more so now.

If you tell me Auburn can only win one game a year, this is the game I will choose.

My point is that it's time we all realized that Auburn has eclipsed Alabama in this state. We did it a long time ago and most of us -- especially those of us who endured the nine-year string -- didn't really even notice. Yes, I want to beat them. This year and every year. But I've finally realized that my aspirations are much higher than that. Beating them is a part of the puzzle, it's part of what has to happen to reach those higher goals -- SEC Titles, etc. -- but it's not the alpha and omega of Auburn football any longer. It shouldn't be.

Beating BAMA will cure it all. I don't care if we get our ass handed to us in a bowl game, as long as we beat BAMA by a pt. :)

I can't begin to tell you how saddened I am by this attitude. It renders everything AU has worked for over the past 25 years pretty meaningless.

While beating Bama, may not be the be all end all it once was, it beats the heck out of the alternative. Remember, these people haven't tasted victory over Auburn in five years, it will be ugly if that day ever comes. Here's to hoping it doesn't this year.

While beating Bama, may not be the be all end all it once was, it beats the heck out of the alternative. Remember, these people haven't tasted victory over Auburn in five years, it will be ugly if that day ever comes. Here's to hoping it doesn't this year.

I don't disagree with that. But I don't EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER want to get back to that awful place where no matter what else happened, beating Bama would make it all good. That's where they are now and I'd rather it stay that way.

Bite your tongue! You bet it's a big deal!

Archived