The slow spiral downwards...

otterinbham

Realize that Alabama's six wins were against an incredibly soft schedule.

Shula isn't getting fired this year, so we can look forward to 4-8 next year.

It really wasn't that slow. But you are right - we can look forward to next year.

Realistically, I don't think so. They'll return a good bit of talent, and 3name will be a pretty good QB with some experience. One thing is for certain that we'll all agree on: the SEC is going to be TOUGH next year. There's a ton of returning talent, Spurrier will be fighting for the East, and UA will be strong, we've already seen what LSU's backup can do, and the perennial bottom teams are getting a good deal better as we speak (UK #2 in the east??)

I think next year is make or break for Mikey. I do think they will be better. JPW is a pretty solid QB to build around. I was impressed with some of the throws last night. I think Shula needs to get rid of his OC, but if he has another season like this next year, adios ice cream man.

So what do we say now? One for the other hand?

You guys are still thinking that Bama is a top notch program. It's the old Auburn mindset. This is a new era in which Alabama = Ole Miss.

Saying they will be better next year is there = saying Ole Miss will be better next year. It really doesn't mean too much. They will still have Shula at the helm, and they will still have thugs and ice cream eaters playing there that say things to the papers like "I am not sure the program is going in the right direction."

Shula is not even man enough to suspend Juwan Simpson. He is not going to be man enough to handle the attitudes that are going to take over when players are saying comments like this to the papers. They are going to be abysmal next year.

Archived