Finally just watched the game...

DKW 86

In no particualr order:

1) On Radio, Bramlett is coming into his own. He gets really loud on TDs and that is a good thing. I can finally hear him say "Touchdown Auburn" and hear him be comfortable with it. Replacing a legend is tough no matter what.

2) Stan White is getting louder and more animated every game and I love it! I am really liking our radio team again. They arent Jim and Trotman. They are different and in some ways better, in some not as good....yet.

3) The CBS crew can kiss my :moon: That was THE MOST SLANTED AND BIASED GAME CALL I HAVE EVER WITNESSED! I thought some of you were crazy before I got to see it on replay. Lundquist almost prematurely ejaculated when Bama scored to open the second half. Boob II did as well. They were cheering for Bama left and right. The crap about " :au: coming out first" was just petty and was over-the-top.

3A) The CBS crew went out of its way to run Cox down. They brought up his bad numbers against :uga: and in the first half time and time again. Funny thing though, I never heard them mention that Cox was hurt, especially telling the viewers he was hurt badly most of the season.

4) The officiating on this game just flat sucked. Hands down one of the worst called games I have ever witnessed, EVER! Maybe because I had a DVR to see it with but there was obvious bad calls benefitting Bama all day.

5) Tony Barnhart, (Wow, is his name really BARNhart? :lol: ) said at halftime that CTT told him if Lester played the second half we would definitely win. CTT was on the money and kudos to Barhart for saying in the air. :clap:

A. On the opening kickoff, there was TWO facemask calls, not ONE but TWO!!!!!!!!! How do you see one and not the other when they happen within a split second and TO the same player? He was about to be tackled and of the two players that hit him BOTH grabbed his facemask!

B. On the last Bama posession before we go up 22-15 late in the third, Bama was pushed way back by a penalty. On the next play, I guess it was Andre Smith, basically tackled one of our DL. I mean he tackled him almost as bad as the Florida Lineman tackled one of our DL in the :uf: game. It was awful and a Ref was within 5-10 feet looking right at it. No call!

C. There were so many holding non-calls on the Bama OL it was infuriating. This game was in no way as close as it looked on the scoreboard. We outplayed them by a healthy margin all day along the lines. A win is a win but the truth was hard to weatch.

D. Want to see what I am talking about? Look at the box scores. JPW threw two INTs. One on the 2pt conversion, and one to end the game. Why is he only recorded getting one? I bet if we had returned the first one for 2 it would have showed up as an INT then.

CTT has the hoodoo on Bama in JH-West. We are now 6-0 in JH-West. We have defeated a 10 win team there and even won after a huge expansion. Had every motivational thing thrown at us you can imagine including dressing out the lamest guy in the state of Alabama to inspire the team and crowd and still win by a good margin and to be blunt, pretty easily. There is just a voodoo curse or hex or whatever on that stadium. Maybe we should just call it the Graveyard from now on?

4) The officiating on this game just flat sucked. Hands down one of the worst called games I have ever witnessed, EVER! Maybe because I had a DVR to see it with but there was obvious bad calls benefitting Bama all day.

\

B. On the last Bama posession before we go up 22-15 late in the third, Bama was pushed way back by a penalty. On the next play, I guess it was Andre Smith, basically tackled one of our DL. I mean he tackled him almost as bad as the Florida Lineman tackled one of our DL in the :uf: game. It was awful and a Ref was within 5-10 feet looking right at it. No call!

C. There were so many holding non-calls on the Bama OL it was infuriating. This game was in no way as close as it looked on the scoreboard. We outplayed them by a healthy margin all day along the lines. A win is a win but the truth was hard to weatch.

WOW someone besides me is complaining about the refs? :roflol: You're right...THE IR was very blatant on the sideline `catch'.

THe main no call I noticed was on the reverse in the first quarter when WIlhite was held by Hall (?) and as soon as the play passed him he suddenly held his hands up!

THe Smith `tackle' WAS called believe it or not. <_<

I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY ROD's(?sideline catch on AU's sideline on their first possession wasn't reviewed..he had a foot inbounds! :no:

THe officiating was still NOWHERE near as bad as it was in `04 on Bama's last td drive (TJ,DICKENS, and STANLEY <especially SMc> were all tackled from behind to prevent sacks..all were NO calls!!!!)

\

WOW someone besides me is complaining about the refs? :roflol: You're right...THE IR was very blatant on the sideline `catch'.

THe main no call I noticed was on the reverse in the first quarter when WIlhite was held by Hall (?) and as soon as the play passed him he suddenly held his hands up! (I was yelling at the linesman over that one, too)

THe Smith `tackle' WAS called believe it or not. <_< (Not the one David was talking about. I was yelling over this one as well. Smith takled our end and the referee looked right at it and did nothing. Smith got hit with a holding call later in the 4th.)

I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY ROD's(?sideline catch on AU's sideline on their first possession wasn't reviewed..he had a foot inbounds! :no:

THe officiating was still NOWHERE near as bad as it was in `04 on Bama's last td drive (TJ,DICKENS, and STANLEY <especially SMc> were all tackled from behind to prevent sacks..all were NO calls!!!!)

Thanks, I had forgetten about the out of bounds call. It was as bad or worse as any other call however. Stovrs drag foot was out of bounds before he had possesion.

I'm not sure which one it was, but one of them (CBS ####s) mentioned words to the affect, late in the fourth quarter when Auburn was running out the clock before the interception, "Auburn doesn't need to get first downs on first down." I was like "STFU!" out loud, I want another TD.

I'm not sure which one it was, but one of them (CBS ####s) mentioned words to the affect, late in the fourth quarter when Auburn was running out the clock before the interception, "Auburn doesn't need to get first downs on first down." I was like "STFU!" out loud, I want another TD.

Come one bottom..they meant if they get a FD it should be on 2nd or 3rd down...in other words more plays to work the clock. :blink:

U wanted another TD but Tuby has NEVER been one to try and score late if AU already has the lead.

Yeah...Did anyone else hear Tracy Wolfman's comment on how the bahr called us the "LOW" college?

Probably a teleprompter error...which proves that these idiots don't do their homework. We're a Cow College...and proud of it! And I didn't even know that all of those astronauts we've produced knew how to ride a cow! YEE HAW!!! WAR EAGLE!!!

:au::homer:

CBS did some shoddy research for this game. I remember they were showing some of Kenny's stats and underneath they said he didn't play in the '03 and '04 game due to injury, not the fact that he wasn't a part of the team one year and was a transfer the next.

Seems all the Iron Bowl games I have on DVD/ tape show the same thing. Home or away, underdog or favored, announcers are always leaning toward Alabama. It's just something I've come to expect.

Come one bottom..they meant if they get a FD it should be on 2nd or 3rd down...in other words more plays to work the clock. :blink:

U wanted another TD but Tuby has NEVER been one to try and score late if AU already has the lead.

I guess I really wanted another one to make up for the one just before the half.

Archived