Uh-oh....

wesfau

the only hold up is Saban's graven image statue outside the stadium will have to be bigger than the others so it will cast a larger shadow.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Tommy Tuberville will be the new Alabama head coach...a reliable source tells me. ALLEGEDLY."

OMG!!!!! Did you hear something we didn't?

Yes! Tuberville said he's tired of the easy life in Auburn and wants a job paying less money! He and Bama agreed to a five year, $600,000/yr contract. Kodi Burns has also de-committed to Auburn and put on the Crimson! ALLEGEDLY.

"Mod edit.."hearing" something = rumor."

Somebody said on the suspensions post that they heard it was a failed drug test. It was edited. That would be alleged information, would it not?

This post has about as much validity as me saying, "Tommy Tuberville will be the new Alabama head coach...a reliable source tells me. ALLEGEDLY."

Dude, think about what you just said. A post was edited making accusing a player about something that was negative without backing it up. Please tell me how info about the UAT coaching search is the same, because I am missing that part.

There are older members of this board, and some newer ones, that have built up credibility, so when they post things like this, they are given the benefit of the doubt. Also, the admins and mods have inside sources that can't be revealed and of course are not going to have any links. So, it just boils down to the fact if you guys want to hear things from inside sources or if you just want us to keep it to ourselves.

"Tommy Tuberville will be the new Alabama head coach...a reliable source tells me. ALLEGEDLY."

OMG!!!!! Did you hear something we didn't?

Yes! Tuberville said he's tired of the easy life in Auburn and wants a job paying less money! He and Bama agreed to a five year, $600,000/yr contract. Kodi Burns has also de-committed to Auburn and put on the Crimson! ALLEGEDLY.

Maybe we can get Saban then.

Somebody said on the suspensions post that they heard it was a failed drug test. It was edited. That would be alleged information, would it not?

This post has about as much validity as me saying, "Tommy Tuberville will be the new Alabama head coach...a reliable source tells me. ALLEGEDLY."

Dude, think about what you just said. A post was edited making accusing a player about something that was negative without backing it up. Please tell me how info about the UAT coaching search is the same, because I am missing that part.

There are older members of this board, and some newer ones, that have built up credibility, so when they post things like this, they are given the benefit of the doubt. Also, the admins and mods have inside sources that can't be revealed and of course are not going to have any links.

Look, you can't create this grey area of permission when it comes to rumors. Yes it is completely different and the "alleged" rumor about it being a failed drug test is detrimental to his reputation. However, there's no credible source for Saban going to UAT. And inside sources? I work in the Athletic Department at Auburn University...I get all of the "inside" information. Also why not post a link or reveal a source? It would silence the skeptics.

I don't see the big issue with the topic of the thread (Other than I hope CNS doesn't come :big: )

I think it's fine that Wes is just stating what he heard about something that's been the hottest topic in this state for the past month. It's not hurtful to anyone and it may just wind up being the same type of conjecture that most of the print media has put out there since the Iron Bowl. Wes heard something. He put it out there as that and as TM would say....

"Discuss"

Look, you can't create this grey area of permission when it comes to rumors. Yes it is completely different and the "alleged" rumor about it being a failed drug test is detrimental to his reputation. However, there's no credible source for Saban going to UAT. And inside sources? I work in the Athletic Department at Auburn University...I get all of the "inside" information. Also why not post a link or reveal a source? It would silence the skeptics.

An "outed" source, is a source no more...

I don't see the big issue with the topic of the thread (Other than I hope CNS doesn't come :big: )

I think it's fine that Wes is just stating what he heard about something that's been the hottest topic in this state for the past month. It's not hurtful to anyone and it may just wind up being the same type of conjecture that most of the print media has put out there since the Iron Bowl. Wes heard something. He put it out there as that and as TM would say....

"Discuss"

I don't have a problem with it either. I do, however, have a problem with being censored in a post that included "alleged" information about one of our players. It's kind of a free speech thing...you can't give all this approval to one subject because you're interested in it and silence another.

"Discuss"

I don't have a problem with it either. I do, however, have a problem with being censored in a post that included "alleged" information about one of our players. It's kind of a free speech thing...you can't give all this approval to one subject because you're interested in it and silence another.

I would draw the line because you are talking about the difference between a grown man who coaches as a profession and a young man who is a student athlete. That is where I see the line anyway.

I will agree that there is certainly a gray area when it comes to enforcing rules. I will say that I know this is a private board, and the owners and moderators of the board can do whatever they deem necessary. I won't argue that point...but I think sometimes it needs to be said that they will use their own judgment sometimes.

It's a little iffy when sometimes its said "No Link-No Post" like its a inflexible rule, and other times its looked over. I'm not saying it has to be one or the other, but at least acknowledge that its not always adhered to based on a members standing and credibility with others you know?

For instance: I've been a member of this board for 3 years now and have plenty of posts, and I have never posted anything that I didn't know to be completely true, but just 2 weeks ago somebody told me to hold onto certain information, even though I knew it was true until I had a link. I felt I had enough credibility on the board to post this information without a link but I guess that wasnt true. Now thats fine, I'm not arguing against that, but at least admit that the rules are flexible and don't put up a charade that these rules are in place all the time.

"Discuss"

I would draw the line because you are talking about the difference between a grown man who coaches as a profession and a young man who is a student athlete. That is where I see the line anyway.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Discuss"

agreed, eithere there has to be a link or there doesn't. Preferential treatment to longtime members is stupid in my opinion. Being a member of this board for a long time makes you no more qualified to spread rumors than the next guy.

Are you just ignoring everything we are saying about the sources? These sources are protected and if we reveal them, then you can forget about ever getting anymore inside info. Why does a journalist protect his sources? Take my source for instance...I posted about the whole Juwan Simpson fiasco before it became public. Well, we saw how "unreliable" that was. :rolleyes: Again, it all goes back to credibility. It does have to be earned on the board. You say you work in the Auburn athletics department? So, you are telling me that if you hear something real juicy that is not meant to be publicized yet, you are going to name your source, or better yet, put you real name out here on the board with that info?

Not really a direct comparison... Spreading information about failing a drug test is unwarranted degredation of character, without substantial proof. This is a job, or career move for Saban. While a very good arguement could be made that acceptance of uat's head coaching position shows very poor character qualities, its not the same as someone spreading rumors about young kids violating state and federal laws.

agreed, eithere there has to be a link or there doesn't. Preferential treatment to longtime members is stupid in my opinion. Being a member of this board for a long time makes you no more qualified to spread rumors than the next guy.

Alright, here's your link...

A guy from my Sunday school class, who is good friends with the Wilsons (as in John Peter Paul Parker Wilson), informed me that the Wilsons had personally spoken to Saban on several occasions, and that he will be the 107th coach for uat.

There are older members of this board, and some newer ones, that have built up credibility, so when they post things like this, they are given the benefit of the doubt. Also, the admins and mods have inside sources that can't be revealed and of course are not going to have any links.

Are you just ignoring everything we are saying about the sources? These sources are protected and if we reveal them, then you can forget about ever getting anymore inside info. Why does a journalist protect his sources? Take my source for instance...I posted about the whole Juwan Simpson fiasco before it became public. Well, we saw how "unreliable" that was. :rolleyes: Again, it all goes back to credibility. It does have to be earned on the board. You say you work in the Auburn athletics department? So, you are telling me that if you hear something real juicy that is not meant to be publicized yet, you are going to name your source, or better yet, put you real name out here on the board with that info?

If I heard something "juicy" about our football team, I'm not coming straight to this board. I knew Kodi Burns was going to commit here before his little press conference thing...not to mention I knew Eric Berry was a lock at Tennessee. I'll admit I was surprised and shocked to see Enrique Davis commit here so soon. I just wait until it's officially released and then give any information I have about the subject.

Look, I was being an ass and my comment should have been a fart in the wind. But as per usual, Ranger12 got me fired up because he responded to it and then deleted everything before I could make a rebuttal. So I rebuttaled anyway because I'm stubborn. HAPPY? I'M STUBBORN!

Nick Saban may go to Alabama but he'll be gone in five years. I would say three or four but I think he's a good enough coach to squeak out a win against us somewhere along the line. Alabama's program is done for. I say we deem them "Ole Bama."

After everything that has been written are you saying that

Ole Bama=Ole Miss?

Indeed.

If I heard something "juicy" about our football team, I'm not coming straight to this board. I knew Kodi Burns was going to commit here before his little press conference thing...not to mention I knew Eric Berry was a lock at Tennessee. I'll admit I was surprised and shocked to see Enrique Davis commit here so soon. I just wait until it's officially released and then give any information I have about the subject.

Look, I was being an ass and my comment should have been a fart in the wind. But as per usual, Ranger12 got me fired up because he responded to it and then deleted everything before I could make a rebuttal. So I rebuttaled anyway because I'm stubborn. HAPPY? I'M STUBBORN!

Nick Saban may go to Alabama but he'll be gone in five years. I would say three or four but I think he's a good enough coach to squeak out a win against us somewhere along the line. Alabama's program is done for. I say we deem them "Ole Bama."

Dude, if you want to call me out, that is your issue. I ain't the only one disagreeing with you, but I would be more then happy to be the one to keep correcting you. :big:

Also, I did not delete anything you posted bro, so I don't know where you get that from. I actually responded to a post of yours and then the next thing I know the post I responded to was gone, so I figured you must have deleted it, so I deleted my post. :thumbsup:

Dude, if you want to call me out, that is your issue. I ain't the only one disagreeing with you, but I would be more then happy to be the one to keep correcting you. :big:

Also, I did not delete anything you posted bro, so I don't know where you get that from. I actually responded to a post of yours and then the next thing I know the post I responded to was gone, so I figured you must have deleted it, so I deleted my post. :thumbsup:

I don't believe you but I'll accept it. Maybe a different mod deleted it but I surely didn't.

again, we've waisted 7 pages on a topic about what?......freakin bama............We all say they don't matter anymore and that lsu and georgia mean more but it seems to me there are some of us that really are scared of bama. Guys we've beaten them five years in a row, enjoy it, quit caring about what they do.

Archived