Since we should know in the next few days

BAMMERPERRY

The whole "Do I have to say it? Okay, well if I have to say it, I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" statement was far from a denial.

Wait, Wait, Wait

Let me get this straight

I'm not going to be the Alabama coach

Is far from a denial?

Since when? I am laughing so hard right now. He has not only denied it but made it a point to go out of his way to say it very, VERY straight-forward. I am not sure how a recruit could believe the guy if he does go to TT. Of course coaches say one thing, do another. But I have never seen a coach so adement about it publicly.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole "Do I have to say it? Okay, well if I have to say it, I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" statement was far from a denial.

Wait, Wait, Wait

Let me get this straight

I'm not going to be the Alabama coach

Is far from a denial?

Jesus christ, since when?

Slink, don't you know, No is the new yes in turdtown

Here is an observation from another Tiger fan (LSU)

I'm very disappointed on how things look and I'm starting to feel like he might take the job. I have no way of knowing how he and his family likes the Miami area - rumors/reports say his wife isn't happy (I don't believe the reports, but I certainly do not know.) What I do know is Saban wanted to see what he could do in the NFL and he jumped into a tough situation and hasn't succeeded yet. From following him since day 1, I was convinced that he wouldn't end up in Bama when I first heard the news. I felt he would try to accomplish what he has done at each stop in his career. (Succeed)

Point is, I hear the Wayne Huizenga likes Saban a lot, but I don't know that for sure either. I do know he has 15 mil left on his contract for the next 3 years. I feel like I'm a straight forward guy and has integrity, but when I'm 55 and someone guarantees me 35-50 million over the next 7 years vs. 15 mil over 3, I would listen and let out a hmmmmm. I loved everything about Saban when he was at LSU and I laughed the first time I heard the story, but now I'm having second thoughts about what will happen.

One thing I do know, if it happens - it will suck for both of our schools. He'll take a portion of both our recruits. Oh, and another thing, I certainly will never support Saban again. I doubt many LSU Tiger fans will. Never thought I'd say it, but I would become a Tiger fan during the Iron bowl :cheer:

Oh, and another thing, I certainly will never support Saban again. I doubt many LSU Tiger fans will. Never thought I'd say it, but I would become a Tiger fan during the Iron bowl :cheer:

That's pretty pathetic then and you will be alone.

Saban is still very respected around BR and New Orleans. You and everyone in Baton Rouge knew before you hired Saban that he was an NFL possibility.

He did wonders for LSU and for that you should be thankful

Oh, and another thing, I certainly will never support Saban again. I doubt many LSU Tiger fans will. Never thought I'd say it, but I would become a Tiger fan during the Iron bowl :cheer:

Saban is still very respected around BR and New Orleans. You and everyone in Baton Rouge knew before you hired Saban that he was an NFL possibility.

Pretty pathetic, not sure why. Never said I didn't think he would go to the pro's, but to come back to the SEC west, I don't have to like or care for. Yes, he did a lot for LSU, but he left. I still followed him at Miami. Right or Wrong, I will hope LSU beats Bama more than ever before. Guess I am pathetic. I'm cool with that.

Pretty pathetic, not sure why. Never said I didn't think he would go to the pro's, but to come back to the SEC west, I don't have to like or care for. Yes, he did a lot for LSU, but he left. I still followed him at Miami. Right or Wrong, I will hope LSU beats Bama more than ever before. Guess I am pathetic. I'm cool with that.

its not like he left LSU on bad terms for another SEC team. you can't fault the man for trying to better himself and his family's financial situation. some college coaches are just simply not nfl coaches.

you can't fault the man for trying to better himself and his family's financial situation. some college coaches are just simply not nfl coaches.

I won't fault Saban at all for taking the big bucks. It's bama that is gonna get the black eye. I know that bama will rationalize the heck out of it but people across the county are thinking bama has lost it. I have had calls from as far away as the West Coast from friends saying "surely this isn't true."

Making Saban a resaonable offer with big incentives for success would make sense but not paying him the kind of offer being mentioned as a starter. To me the whole thing just says bama's number one priority is football and they are willing to pay anything to hopefully regain some measure of success. JMHO and that of a lot of people who are totally unbiased as far as bama goes.

its not like he left LSU on bad terms for another SEC team. you can't fault the man for trying to better himself and his family's financial situation. some college coaches are just simply not nfl coaches.

Look, I'm not flaming Saban, all I'm saying is he had everything he needed in Baton Rouge, he was the King. I've read his book and I think highly of the guy, it just doesn't seem like him leaving a position after 2 years. He knew he was going to a rebuilding Dolphin team, I thought that was why he wanted to go to the pros, to show he could turn it around in 3-5 years. If he wants more job security and money, he should take the Bama job. As a Tiger fan, I thought he went to Miami for different reasons (to become a coaching legend.) If he leaves now, he'll never become a coaching legend, he'll no doubt revive the Tide but he'll never be a coaching legend, most people will throw out the "he couldn't help Miami." I for one thought he was doing a good job in Miami for what he was left with (salary cap problems and older players)

My only complaint is I thought he would give the NFL a try. Two years with Miami and having a 15-17 record isn't that bad since they had won only a few games the year before he got there. If he finishes his job in Miami or stayed at LSU, he would have never had to worry about his family and financial situation either. Remember, Huizenga isn't asking Saban to leave, he wants him to stay, so it's totally different from the Spurrier situation.

I still respect Saban, but that doesn't mean I can't pull against him. Don't worry, he'll get his W's without worrying about what I think.

Guess I am pathetic.

Never rooting for a man that saved your program from another slew of years of medicore at best seasons? Sure...I would consider that pretty pathetic with LSU's previous 50 years of no NC

Guess I am pathetic.

Never rooting for a man that saved your program from another slew of years of medicore at best seasons? Sure...I would consider that pretty pathetic with LSU's previous 50 years of no NC

if richt went to the nfl, sputtered, came back and coached at tennessee, would you root for him?

Guess I am pathetic.

if richt went to the nfl, sputtered, came back and coached at tennessee, would you root for him?

If he went to UT/UF, the chances of me "rooting" for him are pretty slim....but I would not mind seeing him win....he is a good man.

I am not saying LSU fans should root for $aban....I just laugh at those that say they will "never root for him" and whatnot....like he murdered their football program

Guess I am pathetic.

If he went to UT/UF, the chances of me "rooting" for him are pretty slim....but I would not mind seeing him win....he is a good man.

I am not saying LSU fans should root for $aban....I just laugh at those that say they will "never root for him" and whatnot....like he murdered their football program

i'd assume they might just get a little sick seeing their old coach in a windbreaker that particular shade of menses. wouldn't that bother you too?

i'd assume they might just get a little sick seeing their old coach in a windbreaker that particular shade of menses. wouldn't that bother you too?

Again, to the point of "Never rooting" for him....no

If he was coaching UF, you can bet your ass I would hope UF loses against UGA and maybe loses a few other games....but I would be rooting hard for Richt to be unsuccessful

Guess I am pathetic.

Actually, seeing ANYBODY wear the Dark Pink bothers me a little. ;)

Archived