Since we should know in the next few days

BAMMERPERRY

He's not going 100% sure about that. He has told you guys about 5 times now. He told his players at a practice he's not going. He told Hyzienga he's not going. What else do you guys want??? Hyzienga has confirmed he is not selling the team and that was simply a rumor. Why should he leave Miami and South Beach... for Tuscaloosa? hmmm beach... or Redneck Capital of the US.... Man that's a tough choice. Saban will be coaching my dolphins in 07 and he'll finally have all the pieces together. You bammers are just not smart.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not going 100% sure about that. He has told you guys about 5 times now. He told his players at a practice he's not going. He told Hyzienga he's not going. What else do you guys want??? Hyzienga has confirmed he is not selling the team and that was simply a rumor. Why should he leave Miami and South Beach... for Tuscaloosa? hmmm beach... or Redneck Capital of the US.... Man that's a tough choice. Saban will be coaching my dolphins in 07 and he'll finally have all the pieces together. You bammers are just not smart.

Interesting. A current Bama asst. was quoted as saying Saban is coming and cleaning house. But, I guess you would know netter. :moon:

Rece Davis and Mark May were discussing Saban and Alabama during halftime of the MPC Computers Bowl. They basically repeated what the Miami paper had reported only added the comment NS would be talking face to face with :ua: about the head coaching job. They reported the $$ was between $40M and $50M.

Mark May brought up all of Saban's denials over the past several weeks pointing out if NS left the NFL for :ua: he would be 'burning a bridge' and no one would consider him for the NFL in the furture. Rece (Bama Homer) was beside himself stating, "NS would make big money in either job and besides CTT had stated he would only leave :om: in a pine box". <---------Is Rece Davis really BAMAPERRY? :poke:

I HOPE they offer the $$$$$ to Saban - and that he TURNS IT DOWN!!!! What a wonderful way to start 2007! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

So Nick is working for the cleaning service? From a coach to a janitor, after just being mentioned for the Tide job? pitiful...

I don't think he is going to Alabama, the meeting is just to finally put a end to the whole thing. He officialy hears the offer and then he officially says no and its finally over for both parties.

The reason I don't think he will go is ego. I don't think Saban is a quitter and will give the NFL a couple of more years. To leave now for Alabama is to basically say that he is not capable of being a NFL coach.

I also think that if he does go to Alabama that it will be bad for college football. The money offered is going to start being demanded by other coaches that are in that same level. And who's pocket book do you think that is going to take its toll on, thats right the fans. The prices of tickets, concessions, required donations for season tickets, parking, etc are already raised in the competition to upgrade stadiums and facilities.

Its possible that it could even hit tuition, as I remember Auburn was discussing raising its tuition at one time to build the basketball arena.

The whole Miami to Tuscaloosa thing can actually work in our favor. I've heard that CNS is a big outdoorsman and that he and his wife aren't exactly in love with the south Florida way of life.

And... the "denials?" Either he's pimping us for raise or he is seriously interested. The whole "Do I have to say it? Okay, well if I have to say it, I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" statement was far from a denial. Listen to the interview and look at the context and you can easily see how fishy it sounded.

The whole Miami to Tuscaloosa thing can actually work in our favor. I've heard that CNS is a big outdoorsman and that he and his wife aren't exactly in love with the south Florida way of life.

And... the "denials?" Either he's pimping us for raise or he is seriously interested. The whole "Do I have to say it? Okay, well if I have to say it, I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" statement was far from a denial. Listen to the interview and look at the context and you can easily see how fishy it sounded.

your head has to make a loud vacuuming noise. constantly.

I HOPE they offer the $$$$$ to Saban - and that he TURNS IT DOWN!!!! What a wonderful way to start 2007! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

i hope they offer and he very, very publicly turns them down like in a large press conference setting, carried on every channel and big following day headlines in the papers, another public hit for the dark pink nation! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

i hope they offer and he very, very publicly turns them down like in a large press conference setting, carried on every channel and big following day headlines in the papers, another public hit for the dark pink nation! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I think we have established that the best UA will do WITH Saban is to get back to being competitive with Auburn. Tubs has a winning record against him and it probably won't get any worse. I think it says a lot that Bama has to offer a coach that kind of money to get him there. Sort of dispels the myth that coaches are lining up to get a chance at the job, doesn't it?

I think they have a pretty good chance to get him now. I agree that if they don't it will be a meltdown of mythical proportions. What does it say for your school if $40mil can't get you a coach? What does a Jim Grobe or Paul Johnson think after they see Saban turn down that kind of money?

Rece Davis and Mark May were discussing Saban and Alabama during halftime of the MPC Computers Bowl. They basically repeated what the Miami paper had reported only added the comment NS would be talking face to face with :ua: about the head coaching job. They reported the $$ was between $40M and $50M.

Mark May brought up all of Saban's denials over the past several weeks pointing out if NS left the NFL for :ua: he would be 'burning a bridge' and no one would consider him for the NFL in the furture. Rece (Bama Homer) was beside himself stating, "NS would make big money in either job and besides CTT had stated he would only leave :om: in a pine box". <---------Is Rece Davis really BAMAPERRY? :poke:

Burning a bridge? The dude is 55 years old. He would finish out at Bama. The real numbers are between 25-30 mil, the going rate for top of the line coaches.

Mark May also asked why Nick Saban would leave the beaches of South Florida for the trailer parks of Tuscaloser. Judging by those comments it sounds like Mark May has the city of Tuscaloser figured out pretty well. :lol:

Geez, and after all the pub auburn/opelika trailer parks have received. :moon:

Mark May also asked why Nick Saban would leave the beaches of South Florida for the trailer parks of Tuscaloser. Judging by those comments it sounds like Mark May has the city of Tuscaloser figured out pretty well. :lol:

Yeah, but we're not the ones having to sell our soul to get someone to coach their team.

i was watching when mark may and rece davis were discussing the saban rumors.

i was surprised at may's certainty that saban wasn't going.

i was also a little surprised at rece showing his colors so brightly. having to resort to "but an aubie did it too" really isn't an argument winner. he must have known what may was saying was true...being rich in miami beats being rich in tuscaloosa.

i still say he goes.

theres a story on ESPN's website about the whole thing. it quotes some unidentified UAT coaches saying CNS will be named coach by the end of the week and will "clean house from top to bottom". kinda sounds like a load of bull to me, as i just really dont see him coming. either someone has some inside info or they are gonna get embarassed.

link: http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sport...109&srvc=sz

Burning a bridge? The dude is 55 years old. He would finish out at Bama. The real numbers are between 25-30 mil, the going rate for top of the line coaches.

What? He would retire at 59? Isn't the usual length of stay for a coach 4 years at Alabama?

theres a story on ESPN's website about the whole thing. it quotes some unidentified UAT coaches saying CNS will be named coach by the end of the week and will "clean house from top to bottom". kinda sounds like a load of bull to me, as i just really dont see him coming. either someone has some inside info or they are gonna get embarassed.

I agree with you. Maybe I'll be all wet over this, but I just don't see CNS leaving Miami. I'm not even sure there has been or will be serious conversation. If that is so who are they really looking at? They must be looking at someone. Well maybe not, this is MM's search.

Yeah, but we're not the ones having to sell our soul to get someone to coach their team.

B-I-N-G-O

we have a winner!!

I agree with you. Maybe I'll be all wet over this, but I just don't see CNS leaving Miami. I'm not even sure there has been or will be serious conversation. If that is so who are they really looking at? They must be looking at someone. Well maybe not, this is MM's search.

the only thing in the story that makes total sense is the urgency to have a coach by friday for the big recruiting weekend. i'm not buying it until the ink is dry. yes, we may have a coach by friday but i don't think it will be CNS. if it is, alot of people will be shocked.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. MM better hope Saban does come to Alabama, because if he does, MM is history. There will be a lot of pissed off Alabama fans. I don't think that Saban is coming to Alabama, so there should be a good show to watch in the next week (month?) or two.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. MM better hope Saban does come to Alabama, because if he does, MM is history. There will be a lot of pissed off Alabama fans. I don't think that Saban is coming to Alabama, so there should be a good show to watch in the next week (month?) or two.

you mean if he DOESN'T MM is history?

well, there were alot of pissed off bama fans when they fired CMS. personally, i was pretty happy to see him go. like i said in other posts, i won't believe anything until the ink is dry but there seems to be something going on. it feels alot like the CRR situation. in that situation even his side was saying they had agreed to something in principal, blah blah blah and of course they're going to do that when they know in the back of their minds that they were just going to play us for more $$$ from WVU. i really don't know, i just wish it would hurry up and be over whether its CNS or my 1 year old son as the HC.

well, there were alot of pissed off bama fans when they fired CMS. personally, i was pretty happy to see him go. like i said in other posts, i won't believe anything until the ink is dry but there seems to be something going on. it feels alot like the CRR situation. in that situation even his side was saying they had agreed to something in principal, blah blah blah and of course they're going to do that when they know in the back of their minds that they were just going to play us for more $$$ from WVU. i really don't know, i just wish it would hurry up and be over whether its CNS or my 1 year old son as the HC.

Yeah, my typing leaves a lot to be desired. I did mean "if he doesn't come to Alabama, MM is history". Sorry.

Yeah, my typing leaves a lot to be desired. I did mean "if he doesn't come to Alabama, MM is history". Sorry.

yeah, i assumed thats what you meant. i don't really know what it will take to get MM out of there. i don't think not landing CNS would be the straw that broke the camel's back. he's doing what the BOT wants, and we know they're calling the shots. if the reports are true then they're throwing enough money at him that its not really going to matter....if he did decide to leave the nfl to come back to DIV-I he probably wouldn't take the job because of the pressure and meddeling from the BOT. i don't know what more MM could do than offer him to be the highest paid coach and like a 10 year deal?

Archived