A Realistic View of $aban

Proud Tiger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't discussing a buyout from Miami the other guy was. I'm not sure what the buyout from Miami would be if he leaves. But I can try to look if you'd like.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/...iamiherald_5min

$aban's contract with the Dolphins has no buyout or penalty clause to prevent him from leaving before it expires.

Although such clauses are common in contracts for college coaches, a lack of such a clause is not atypical on the NFL level because most NFL coaches don't willingly step backward to the college ranks.

The Dolphins late Monday were working on a revised contract for $aban to convince him to remain with the team, but had not yet presented him with that deal. Dolphins President Bryan Wiedmeier was at the team's practice facility well into the evening.

Part of that reworked contract might seek to better protect Miami's interests should another university approach $aban in the future.

I read another article just now that said, "he did not have a buyout clause with LSU either." And College programs usually do have buyout clauses because coaches do tend to jump to the NFL or another college program in the event of some success. This makes me believe that maybe $aban really is a jumper. If every contract he signs just happens to not have buyout clauses.

Don't look.

You won't find it.

I won't? B)

$aban's contract with the Dolphins has no buyout or penalty clause to prevent him from leaving before it expires.

Although such clauses are common in contracts for college coaches, a lack of such a clause is not atypical on the NFL level because most NFL coaches don't willingly step backward to the college ranks.

The Dolphins late Monday were working on a revised contract for $aban to convince him to remain with the team, but had not yet presented him with that deal. Dolphins President Bryan Wiedmeier was at the team's practice facility well into the evening.

Part of that reworked contract might seek to better protect Miami's interests should another university approach $aban in the future.

I read another article just now that said, "he did not have a buyout clause with LSU either." And College programs usually do have buyout clauses because coaches do tend to jump to the NFL or another college program in the event of some success. This makes me believe that maybe $aban really is a jumper. If every contract he signs just happens to not have buyout clauses.

Don't look.

You won't find it.

I won't? B)

Not to be a heart breaker... but you didn't find a buy out clause. Thats what they were trying to point out... that you wouldn't find a buy out clause because there isn't one.

I meant that he does not have a buyout.

I understand where the confusion came from, though. I gotta go saw some logs in prepartion for my big dissapointment that will be hitting me in T minus 7 hours.

So does this mean, besides raising the bar on college salaries if he comes, he'll also force a revolution in the way pro contracts are written? Seems like he'd be rocking a lot of boats and pi$$ing off a lot of people at both the college and pro level in that case.

Don't look.

You won't find it.

I won't? B)

Not to be a heart breaker... but you didn't find a buy out clause. Thats what they were trying to point out... that you wouldn't find a buy out clause because there isn't one.

I know that was my point... They asked what the buyout clause was. I pointed out that there is not one. So there will be no money owed if he leaves the dolphins. In a separate article I read there was no buyout clause in his LSU contract either. So I said that kinda worries me because it makes me think he is a jumper.

I say bring his sorry ass on!!!!!!!

Nick $aban can come to Bama all he wants! Auburn will still kick their sorry asses for a few years before they get it together.

No matter what happens, Auburn will own Alabama for several more years. A fool would think that we (Auburn) could win 8 or 10 in a row anyway. The Tide is not the dominant team in the state anymore!!! And Auburn has a lot to look forward too.

$aban may not come to UAT!!!! If he does, so be it! I am ready to see him get his in the end! :angry:

I know that was my point... They asked what the buyout clause was. I pointed out that there is not one.

I'm merely calling you out for this little tidbit:

Don't look.

You won't find it.

I won't? B)

He mean't dont look you wont find it as dont look because there isn't one.

Why not 8 to 10 in a row??? 1 game at a time right? I mean 8 is not so far away only 3 more and we are there. I believe we could do especially since they are finding a new coach as we speak that just means they are going to have to start over and probably will be at least 3 years from any kind of success.

Riiiiiiight. And CTT came to Auburn out of his "burning, eternal love for the school and all things that epitomize the Auburn spirit."

It's all about cash. All of it.

Ole Miss not making good on some promises involving facilities played into that also. If Ole Miss followed through on some of their promises he might not have left.

That said, he still left the wrong way and has even publicly admited that he did it the wrong way.

He just seems worn out from the schedule an NFL coach has to put up with. With all the comments about "When will I get to talk to my wife?" I think he wants to get back in the college game but he's torn by the fact that he made a promise to the dolphins. It's his family vs. his word and a lot of people would have trouble with a decision like that. I would look for $aban to turn down the deal turn Miami around and get back into a college HC job as soon as possible.

I would agree.

However, you've also got to think about the fact that NOW is the time that $aban and his family get to go the the north Georgia mountains for relaxation. He's been working his posterior off with the 'Fins since June and didn't stop until the last day in December. That's if he stays with Miami... If he comes to UA, he'll have to assemble a staff and immediately hit the recruiting trail. Granted, most of his work has been done for him in regards to recruiting and he'd only have to court prospects for a month. We won't be signing many kids on signing day thanks to oversigning in '05. We haven't had many kids to back out of their committments to UA and even with Shula, we were only pushing for the signatures of 3-4 more players. So, the idea of recruiting, immediately anyway, isn't the burden that it would be under normal circumstances.

You think that oversigning in '05 is the reason SPUAT won't be signing many on signing day?

IT'S THE SAME MONEY... DO YOU NOT SEE THAT??? I KNOW BAMA MATH IS PRETTY BAD DOWN THERE BUT GEEZE. If anything Miami is paying him more.

4.5 million from Miami > 4 million from Bama

Has is money deciding this? IT'S NOT.

The cost of living between Miami and Tuscaloosa is like night and day.

When you're talking millions a year, that makes no difference.

CNS lied (possibly?) to Miami, Tommy lied to Ole Miss.

Let's not be hypocritical here.

Wait a second. $aban lied to LSU & Miami. We all knew he'd leave LSU one day for the NFL, which was his "dream job". His lies to LSU may have been more coach speak than anything else but his comments on 12/21/06 to the media that "I will not be the coach of Alabama" is a bold face lie.

Riiiiiiight. And CTT came to Auburn out of his "burning, eternal love for the school and all things that epitomize the Auburn spirit."

It's all about cash. All of it.

Or Ole Miss just being... well... Ole Miss. Please tell me, who would you rather coach?

CNS lied (possibly?) to Miami, Tommy lied to Ole Miss.

Let's not be hypocritical here.

Wait a second. $aban lied to LSU & Miami. We all knew he'd leave LSU one day for the NFL, which was his "dream job". His lies to LSU may have been more coach speak than anything else but his comments on 12/21/06 to the media that "I will not be the coach of Alabama" is a bold face lie.

exactly, it's the NFL man, and the owner wants you.

Archived