A Realistic View of $aban

Proud Tiger

Dave Hyde, writing in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has this to say about $aban:

"you left integrity and principle on the side of the road the first time you lied to Wayne Huizenga about your interests in Alabama. He gave you the keys to the franchise, spent wherever you pointed, took you on vacations to Croatia and Ireland and you're so dysfunctional that you lied to him like Sam Donaldson's rug."---www.wun-sentinel.com/sports

The more I hear, the more I think I am going to really enjoy seeing $aban screw bama.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a self-centered ego maniac. He's perfect for Bammer. :thumbsup::puke:

Dave Hyde, writing in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has this to say about $aban:

"you left integrity and principle on the side of the road the first time you lied to Wayne Huizenga about your interests in Alabama. He gave you the keys to the franchise, spent wherever you pointed, took you on vacations to Croatia and Ireland and you're so dysfunctional that you lied to him like Sam Donaldson's rug."---www.wun-sentinel.com/sports

The more I hear, the more I think I am going to really enjoy seeing $aban screw bama.

Tomorrow morning, with the denial of $aban to UAT, heads will roll in West Vance (I know what you mean now, I travelled through Vance and it's western counterpart on the way to Dallas). The streets will be lined with the bodies of those that are responsible. Blood will flow through the pipework and women and children will not be spared.

Countdown to Bammargeddon: 10 hours and counting...

CNS lied (possibly?) to Miami, Tommy lied to Ole Miss.

Let's not be hypocritical here.

I think CTT handled that badly. Thought so at the time. No hypocrisy here.

I don't think CTT is a self-centered egomaniac. $aban has always struck me that way.

Nick $aban definitely lied to Miami. Crimson Turd fans have made a big deal out of Tommy Tuberville possibly lying to Ole Miss for the last seven or eight years, but they have no problem with Nick $aban lying to the Dolphins.

Maybe so. What I'm refering to is the notion that CNS has supposedly lied to the 'Fins and how you guys are bashing him for it when your own coach did the exact same thing to another program.

Let me make it clear that I'm not feeling so good about this whole deal. I'm all for CNS coming, but won't believe it until I see him standing behind a Tuscaloosa podium tommorrow. As of right now, he's not our coach and that's just the facts.

Everyone knows Nick $aban is coming for the paycheck. Still, I can't wait for the day he starts talking to the turds about the importance of tradishun and loyalty. That will be a hoot listening to them eat it all up!

Riiiiiiight. And CTT came to Auburn out of his "burning, eternal love for the school and all things that epitomize the Auburn spirit."

It's all about cash. All of it.

Maybe so. What I'm refering to is the notion that CNS has supposedly lied to the 'Fins and how you guys are bashing him for it when your own coach did the exact same thing to another program.

Let me make it clear that I'm not feeling so good about this whole deal. I'm all for CNS coming, but won't believe it until I see him standing behind a Tuscaloosa podium tommorrow. As of right now, he's not our coach and that's just the facts.

I do feel that it was wrong for CTT to lie to the folks in Oxford, and I find it wrong for $aban to lie to the folks in Miami. I don't like the fact that CTT did it, but he's a great coach and it seems that all that's in the past, if Tuberville lies to us in the future, I will always remember him as a liar and I will feel betrayed. But this was all so long ago that I won't let it get to me. However, if Auburn were looking for a coach and the coach that came did what $aban is doing now, it would take years for me to trust him. You should feel the same way too. If $aban sticks around, esspecially after a big season when other programs are interested in him, then I would admit that he's a Bama man. But until something like that happens, i'd be cautious.

$aban signing a 8- or 10-year contract for anything (except maybe a moving company) is a joke.

Accoriding to an ESPN story online, an interview of his Miami assistants shows that most of them think he's coming to Bama, and Wayne H. sounded kinda down about the prospects of $aban staying...saying stuff like, I understand why he's strongly considering the offer. I understand where he's coming from, etc.

I think, though, that besides Matt Millen's job as the Lions' President, $aban has one of the best first-time coach jobs in the NFL. The owner he has is probably the best one to work for.

I still say he's not going... I stand by my word as a dolphins fan. If he decides to stay with the fins it won't be because of the money. Huizenga already said if he stays it will because he wants to not because of the money... Mainly because Huizenga isn't forking over any money, not yet anyways. If in a few years $aban does turn the fins around then I'm sure Huizenga will compensate him for it. I'm not turning on $aban yet because he as of right now is still the Fins coach. The thing that baffles me is that Bama did not offer him more money just more years. I mean he's getting 4.5 million with the dolphins each year and with bama he will get about 4 million a year. So I don't see how it can be the money. Everyone keeps putting a $ in his name but like I said it's not the money. If he succeeds in Miami he'll get more years AND more money. So give hima little credit for now.

I do feel that it was wrong for CTT to lie to the folks in Oxford, and I find it wrong for $aban to lie to the folks in Miami. I don't like the fact that CTT did it, but he's a great coach and it seems that all that's in the past, if Tuberville lies to us in the future, I will always remember him as a liar and I will feel betrayed. But this was all so long ago that I won't let it get to me. However, if Auburn were looking for a coach and the coach that came did what $aban is doing now, it would take years for me to trust him. You should feel the same way too. If $aban sticks around, esspecially after a big season when other programs are interested in him, then I would admit that he's a Bama man. But until something like that happens, i'd be cautious.

Oh, I'm cautious in many ways. First of all, I'm cautious because ink hasn't hit paper. If and until CNS arrives in T-Town tommorrow, I won't think of him as "my coach." If he comes, I will believe we will start achieving what this program has longed for since 1999 - notching big wins and competing for the SEC crown. And while I'd bet the house on CNS having success here, I do realize that success at the Capstone will make him a hot commodity. My only hope is that we will have the boosters to keep him where he is and treat him well.

As of right now, "Cautious" is my middle name.

He just seems worn out from the schedule an NFL coach has to put up with. With all the comments about "When will I get to talk to my wife?" I think he wants to get back in the college game but he's torn by the fact that he made a promise to the dolphins. It's his family vs. his word and a lot of people would have trouble with a decision like that. I would look for $aban to turn down the deal turn Miami around and get back into a college HC job as soon as possible.

I'm not being hypocritical. I agree Tubs lied but there is no comparison to what $aban is doing. See my post in the Woodshed under BG's silly little poll on this topic

He just seems worn out from the schedule an NFL coach has to put up with. With all the comments about "When will I get to talk to my wife?" I think he wants to get back in the college game but he's torn by the fact that he made a promise to the dolphins. It's his family vs. his word and a lot of people would have trouble with a decision like that. I would look for $aban to turn down the deal turn Miami around and get back into a college HC job as soon as possible.

I would agree.

However, you've also got to think about the fact that NOW is the time that $aban and his family get to go the the north Georgia mountains for relaxation. He's been working his posterior off with the 'Fins since June and didn't stop until the last day in December. That's if he stays with Miami... If he comes to UA, he'll have to assemble a staff and immediately hit the recruiting trail. Granted, most of his work has been done for him in regards to recruiting and he'd only have to court prospects for a month. We won't be signing many kids on signing day thanks to oversigning in '05. We haven't had many kids to back out of their committments to UA and even with Shula, we were only pushing for the signatures of 3-4 more players. So, the idea of recruiting, immediately anyway, isn't the burden that it would be under normal circumstances.

I still say he's not going... I stand by my word as a dolphins fan. If he decides to stay with the fins it won't be because of the money. Huizenga already said if he stays it will because he wants to not because of the money... Mainly because Huizenga isn't forking over any money, not yet anyways. If in a few years $aban does turn the fins around then I'm sure Huizenga will compensate him for it. I'm not turning on $aban yet because he as of right now is still the Fins coach. The thing that baffles me is that Bama did not offer him more money just more years. I mean he's getting 4.5 million with the dolphins each year and with bama he will get about 4 million a year. So I don't see how it can be the money. Everyone keeps putting a $ in his name but like I said it's not the money. If he succeeds in Miami he'll get more years AND more money. So give hima little credit for now.

He's not confident he will succeed in the NFL. If he did, the money would be there.

That makes no sense. The money is already there. Miami is paying him more than what he would make at Bama. Its not that he doesn't think they can win cuz they can trust me record doesn't show everything. Have you watched the Fins this year and last? They have hung with every team this year and beats some really tough teams. The fins are on the brink of turning this thing around. This is only about whether he wants to be a college coach or a pro coach.

I'm not being hypocritical. I agree Tubs lied but there is no comparison to what $aban is doing. See my post in the Woodshed under BG's silly little poll on this topic

So we have one lie versus multiple ones. Gee.

ProudTiger, both men are liars and that's all that matters. It's funny to me how we are both sitting here typing and all the while wanting both liars to be coaching our teams next season.

That makes no sense. The money is already there. Miami is paying him more than what he would make at Bama. Its not that he doesn't think they can win cuz they can trust me record doesn't show everything. Have you watched the Fins this year and last? They have hung with every team this year and beats some really tough games. The fins are on the brink of turning this thing around. This is only about whether he wants to be a college coach or a pro coach.

That's what we Tide fans have been saying. "We just lost by one in OT in Fayetteville, by three in Knoxville, by 7 in the Iron Bowl. We're so close to turning the corner!"

The 'ol idea of turning the corner means nothing until you step out on the field and do something about it. Just because the Dolphins had some close games guarantees nothing in regards to '07. This is especially true in the NFL, where every player is there for a reason. They can all play.

I think CNS is also pondering the idea of Miami stumbling in '07 and him getting fired. Where does he go from there? Not only does it kill his image by having a pink slip documented on his record, but it could put him in Champagne, Illinois as the head coach of the Fighting Illini or some other undesirable position. You can't tell me that he hasn't mulled over that possibility. There's a reason they gave him a short, three year contract.

For me personally, I know it would be a bad feeling for me if I knew I left something undone.

If $aban leaves the 'fins and goes to 'bama, he could be successful, etc. But years down the road, if it were me, it would bother me that I left something without finishing it.

That makes no sense. The money is already there. Miami is paying him more than what he would make at Bama. Its not that he doesn't think they can win cuz they can trust me record doesn't show everything. Have you watched the Fins this year and last? They have hung with every team this year and beats some really tough games. The fins are on the brink of turning this thing around. This is only about whether he wants to be a college coach or a pro coach.

That's what we Tide fans have been saying. "We just lost by one in OT in Fayetteville, by three in Knoxville, by 7 in the Iron Bowl. We're so close to turning the corner!"

The 'ol idea of turning the corner means nothing until you step out on the field and do something about it. Just because the Dolphins had some close games guarantees nothing in regards to '07. This is especially true in the NFL, where every player is there for a reason. They can all play.

I think CNS is also pondering the idea of Miami stumbling in '07 and him getting fired. Where does he go from there? Not only does it kill his image by having a pink slip documented on his record, but it could put him in Champagne, Illinois as the head coach of the Fighting Illini or some other undesirable position. You can't tell me that he hasn't mulled over that possibility. There's a reason they gave him a short, three year contract.

And, also, if it is merely a decision of does he coach pro or college, why is Bama having to back up the Brinks truck? Money and financial security is a huge factor here.

For me personally, I know it would be a bad feeling for me if I knew I left something undone.

If $aban leaves the 'fins and goes to 'bama, he could be successful, etc. But years down the road, if it were me, it would bother me that I left something without finishing it.

As I've said elsewhere, he will likely be an NFL failure through all of eternity...if he leaves now.

Except our program doesn't fire people after 2 or 3 seasons. We give them a chance to prove themselves. Bama keeps firing people before they get a chance to "turn the corner." Everytime they change coaches they basically start all over. CNS has only been with the fins 2 years. And Huizenga realizes that you can't turn it around in 2 seasons. That's why he's a great owner to work for and that's what is making this decision for S aban so hard. If CNS stays he'll have it turned around soon enough. THat's how you turn a program around you stick with a coach until it fixes not fire him and keep thinking the next guy will immediately start winning.

Archived