Saban's arrogance

TigerOne

Auburn should take this personally, you might win every now and then but you will never dominate us, punk.

Give us your best shot, because your going to get ours.

"The second thing was, work every day to dominate your opponent. You know, we have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate. That's our goal. That's what you get up every day to do, to dominate the people that you have to compete against and play against. "

"What kind of football team do we want to have here? We want to be a big, physical, aggressive football team that is relentless in the competitive spirit we go out and play with week in and week out. What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, 'I hate playing against these guys. I hate playing them.

what an ass, we can't wait to play you, and can't wait to beat you. You are going to hate losing to us.

People won't hate playing you, they will just hate you, Saban. The honeymoon is over in August.

The last coach that talked that way ran off after Tre Smith ran all over his D in the 2002 Iron Bowl.

You guys are on drugs. Are you SERIOUSLY going to nitpick his speech THAT hard? I dont see any of that as being arrogant...and honestly I dont know any GOOD coach who wouldnt set those as goals for his team

The "Dominate" speech works... he don't need no notes neither... comes from the heart... :blink: In fact, I believe St. Nick has used that same speech everywhere he has been... lets see... is it 5 or 6 head coaching jobs? :o Seriously... An LSU friend of mine said ol Nick said purty much the same thing when he came to LSU. :lol:

You guys are on drugs. Are you SERIOUSLY going to nitpick his speech THAT hard? I dont see any of that as being arrogant...and honestly I dont know any GOOD coach who wouldnt set those as goals for his team

You're supposed to hate the teams that are dirty, play cheap, and cheat. You're supposed to want to play the best teams because your performance against them is often an accurate gauge of how good your team is.

It would shock the heck out of me if you didn't think $aban was an angel at this point. After all you thought the same thing about Dumbose, Fran, Price and Shula when they came.

LSU fans used to love ole Slick Nick too. Any clue what they think today?

Given a choice today... I know for a fact that LSU would rather have Miles. They wouldn't want to deal with the risks involved having Nick back. I believe they are happy with Miles.

Auburn should take this personally, you might win every now and then but you will never dominate us, punk.

"The second thing was, work every day to dominate your opponent. You know, we have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate. That's our goal. That's what you get up every day to do, to dominate the people that you have to compete against and play against. "

"What kind of football team do we want to have here? We want to be a big, physical, aggressive football team that is relentless in the competitive spirit we go out and play with week in and week out. What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, 'I hate playing against these guys. I hate playing them.

what an ass, we can't wait to play you, and can't wait to beat you. You are going to hate losing to us.

People won't hate playing you, they will just hate you, Saban. The honeymoon is over in August.

Im glad he said that. It gives Alabama football a little confidence. Something that has not been there in about ten years. Get mad, call him cocky, whatever........that is his style, and its what works for him.

To be honest, I think BG is right. We tend to nitpick these things to death. I know its long off-season, and I know we all hate bammer, but I could care less what the guy says. He's just saying the same stuff any coach would say about his team to try and motivate his players.

Let him talk all he wants. I won't worry about him or that team. We're the top dogs right now, and we have more important things to worry about such as, "how many sacks is Q Groves gonna get next year?"

Let them do their talking in the paper like they have for the last few years. We'll do our talking on the field next November.

Ryan

Given a choice today... I know for a fact that LSU would rather have Miles. They wouldn't want to deal with the risks involved having Nick back. I believe they are happy with Miles.

I am not sure LSU would even have to think twice...they would take Saban in a heartbeat over Miles.

I know, I know....I am sure Ellis is going to sware he wouldn't and blah blah blah...I don't believe it one bit.

The "Dominate" speech works... he don't need no notes neither... comes from the heart... :blink: In fact, I believe St. Nick has used that same speech everywhere he has been... lets see... is it 5 or 6 head coaching jobs? :o Seriously... An LSU friend of mine said ol Nick said purty much the same thing when he came to LSU. :lol:

Does it really matter if he said that at every school he has coached? Wouldn't you want a coach to have the "work to dominate the opponent" mindset? Especially your big in state rival? Granted I don't think Saban is the best person in the world, but he is a damn good coach and knows how to motivate players! I hope Miles is working hard to dominate every opponent we face and I'm sure all you AU fans feel the same way towards Tubby....and it seems Tubby's hard work to dominate Bama has been working.

As far as wanting Saban over Miles at LSU? Not now, not in a minute...I like Miles and you will find that most fans are finally coming to their senses that he is in fact a good coach. Now if Miles happens to leave for whatever reason (fired or Michigan), then I wouldn't be surprised if LSU went after Saban. And as bad as Saban's rep has gotten over the last month, money aside I really do feel that he wanted to be back in college football and that played a bigger role than the money when he went to Bama... I tend to also feel that this may be his last stop unless one of 2 things happens.. 1)Bama runs him off 2) LSU comes calling for some reason.......JMHO!

I tend to also feel that this may be his last stop unless one of 2 things happens.. 1)Bama runs him off 2) LSU comes calling for some reason.......JMHO!

3) ND comes calling due to a sudden realization that some sort of defense helps you win football games.

He is what he is...a vacuum cleaner salesman. That's it...nothing more.

GREAT fit for that "program" in east moundville. I can't wait for Coach Tubs to add to his winning record over Mr. Orick!

Multiple bammer sites have already declared an SEC championship in 07 followed by a MNC in 08. So, please don't bash Saban, as he is the savior.

Carry on.

Stupidest quote from a College HFC I have ever heard:

CNS: "We want to win every game we are in."

All I could think of to say was Duh! Excuse me but doesnt EVERY team out there want to win EVERY game?

Like I said, stupidest statement I have ever heard. If CTT, or Orgeron had said that PF would have ripped us to shreds over it. Saban is proving to not be the brightest crayon in the box.

I guess he will find that it worked better against Tulane mighty soon though...

Southlink, after watching how Saban handled the departure from LSU and now how he left Miami, no I would take Miles over Saban any day. Saban creates a lot of drama every off season and his agent is always shopping him around. Bama fans will find this out soon enough, just like Spartan fans, Tiger fans and Dolphin fans found out. Miles will leave LSU for Michigan one day if offered, but I am happy that Miles is our coach. He is recruiting very well and producing some great players. Miles record is 22-4. I will take that.

Southlink, after watching how Saban handled the departure from LSU and now how he left Miami, no I would take Miles over Saban any day. Saban creates a lot of drama every off season and his agent is always shopping him around. Bama fans will find this out soon enough, just like Spartan fans, Tiger fans and Dolphin fans found out. Miles will leave LSU for Michigan one day if offered, but I am happy that Miles is our coach. He is recruiting very well and producing some great players. Miles record is 22-4. I will take that.

I was one of the non-believers about Les Miles. I am still not complete convinced of his greatness in coaching or recruiting. ( How can you not recruit well at LSU with the talent pool?) I have to pull for him to some degree just because of the mud puddle that he stomped into ND's arse and walked dry. :big:

Guest BoStillKnows

Im glad he said that. It gives Alabama football a little confidence. Something that has not been there in about ten years. Get mad, call him cocky, whatever........that is his style, and its what works for him.

How do you know it's not a lie?

I respect that.

I just think if you had the choice of Saban coaching and Miles....it would be an obvious choice.

Archived