uat's new word

TigerOne

Guess all the beat writers got the memo from Saban's required guidelines.

Use this word whenever possible:

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/i....xml&coll=1

By PAUL GATTIS

Times Sports Staff paul.gattis@htimes.com

Hendrix scores 18 points as Tide dominates LSU

TUSCALOOSA - Call off the panic attack.

Three days after what coach Mark Gottfried termed an embarrassing loss, Alabama rallied for its most resounding victory of the season.

The 14th-ranked Crimson Tide dominated throughout and grabbed a 71-61 win over No. 13 LSU on Tuesday night before a sellout crowd of 15,316 at Coleman Coliseum.

Brady sees it differently

"I'm disappointed I didn't give my team enough to do it because it was there to win it," LSU coach John Brady said. "We had opportunities and everything looks a little worse when you don't make open shots."

How would Paul Gattis know who dominated who in that game? Gattis didn't have time to watch the game, he was to busy licking CNS shoes before and after half-time.

SPUAT played a pretty good game. I watched most of it on the tube last night. They never let LSU get on a run. Looked like a ccompletely different team than the one that got Ned Beatty'ed by Arkansas.

SPUAT played a pretty good game. I watched most of it on the tube last night. They never let LSU get on a run. Looked like a ccompletely different team than the one that got Ned Beatty'ed by Arkansas.

Yeah I dont know what the hell happened in Arkansas. That was just ugly.

You got dominated!!

You got dominated!!

Meh...when your team loses to Auburn of Montgomery, you forefit all trash talkin rights. ;)

You got dominated!!

Meh...when your team loses to Auburn of Montgomery, you forefit all trash talkin rights. ;)

Deal. So then you can STFU since we have beat you in FB five straight years. OK?

Deal. So then you can STFU since we have beat you in FB five straight years. OK?

Way to stay classy with the F word. If I used that acronym your first trip would have been to whine to the mods.

Anyway, I have been more than clear in regards to my stance on Iron Bowl trash talking. Until we win, i dont have any trash talking rights. I get one day a year (Iron Bowl day) until we win.

Way to stay classy with the F word. If I used that acronym your first trip would have been to whine to the mods.

Anyway, I have been more than clear in regards to my stance on Iron Bowl trash talking. Until we win, i dont have any trash talking rights. I get one day a year (Iron Bowl day) until we win.

It's your dirty mind at work. What's wrong with Shut The Fuss Up? You just heard the word you're thinking of too much from your former favorite coach.

And by the way, if you haven't learned it by now I make no attemprt to be classy with the vast majoity of bammers.

Why? Well this thread is a great example. You had no problem saying bama dominated LSU with a 10 point win but got kind of testy when I pointed out that Arky dominated you, by a much bigger score I would add.

Don't guess we'll be hearing from you about football for a while, huh?

BG

What were MG's comments after the Arkansas game?

By the way good win last night.

BG

He was pretty upset. He said that they werent mentally ready to play and took the full blame for it. He said because Ron Steele is still playing hurt, he cant create for the rest of the team like he has in the past. Ron cant really cut or drive. His explosiveness is gone. Until his knee gets better (probably not this year) CMG will have to gameplan for it.

He also noted, that as bad as the loss at Arky was...it only counts as one loss. And it was seemingly an aberration considering how we played last night. We are 14-2 right now with some pretty good OOC wins. I fully expect us to drop a couple more we shouldnt though...at least until Ron gets healthy.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Not to sidetrack the conversation, BG, but is Alabama recruiting Steele's little brother? I saw him play the other night and although he isn't as smooth as Ronald, he is still a good sized kid with some quickness. Handles the ball well enough, but isn't a point guard.

I heard he might be a better football prospect than basketball.

Comments?

Not to sidetrack the conversation, BG, but is Alabama recruiting Steele's little brother? I saw him play the other night and although he isn't as smooth as Ronald, he is still a good sized kid with some quickness. Handles the ball well enough, but isn't a point guard.

I heard he might be a better football prospect than basketball.

Comments?

I think they are. He's coming out in the 2008 class and is a top 150 player. Ranked the 8th best PG in the nation. So Id be willing to bet he'll end up at Bama.

You know, they said the same thing about Ron with football. Apparently he was a pretty good football player too. Heard he could have made a great DB/WR.

Guest Tigrinum Major

That surprises me that they list him that high. He is actually listed as a forward in intros but handles the ball a lot. He's taller than Ronald and takes the ball to the lane a good bit. He doesn't have another great player on his team like Ronald did with Demare Carroll.

I was at that game last night. We dominated them.

I watched the game. Your definition of domination needs some work.

LSU ran out of gas at the end. Davis was clearly hurting. If he's 100% you might have come to understand the true meaning of domination. With a minute left it was a two possession game. That's not domination.

I was at that game last night. We dominated them.

You are full of it. LSU was in the game pretty much the entire time. Domination is the thumping Arky put on bama last week and the one Texas A&M put on AU a few weeks ago.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Yeah RIGHT! If you haven't done any football trash talking for 5 years then I'll eat my hat.

LSU ran out of gas at the end. Davis was clearly hurting. If he's 100% you might have come to understand the true meaning of domination. With a minute left it was a two possession game. That's not domination.

We were up by 8 with 1 min left. Won by 10. They never got closer than 7 and it hovered around 9-11 for most of the game.

BG

He was pretty upset. He said that they werent mentally ready to play and took the full blame for it. He said because Ron Steele is still playing hurt, he cant create for the rest of the team like he has in the past. Ron cant really cut or drive. His explosiveness is gone. Until his knee gets better (probably not this year) CMG will have to gameplan for it.

He also noted, that as bad as the loss at Arky was...it only counts as one loss. And it was seemingly an aberration considering how we played last night. We are 14-2 right now with some pretty good OOC wins. I fully expect us to drop a couple more we shouldnt though...at least until Ron gets healthy.

He needs to lower Steele's minutes.

He needs to lower Steele's minutes.

He has. They even sat him for a few games. But his problem is not the ankle. Its the tendonitis that started during the fall. They had doctors tell them that its one of those injuries/problems that doesnt just get better by resting it. And actually moving around on it helps.

But Hollinger has been giving much more minutes than in years past.

We were up by 8 with 1 min left. Won by 10. They never got closer than 7 and it hovered around 9-11 for most of the game.

It was a good win against a quality team. It was not, however, domination.

Tonight I suspect we will see Auburn give you a lesson in dominance.

It was a good win against a quality team. It was not, however, domination.

Tonight I suspect we will see Auburn give you a lesson in dominance.

Is this a test from the Sociology dept

Archived