I'm glad I don't use commercial airlines

Bottomfeeder

Good God have mercy. What have we become? :poke:

Marshals: Innocent People Placed On 'Watch List' To Meet Quota

"Innocent passengers are being entered into an international intelligence database as suspicious persons, acting in a suspicious manner on an aircraft ... and they did nothing wrong," said one federal air marshal.

"That could have serious impact ... They could be placed on a watch list. They could wind up on databases that identify them as potential terrorists or a threat to an aircraft. It could be very serious," said Don Strange, a former agent in charge of air marshals in Atlanta. He lost his job attempting to change policies inside the agency.

One example, according to air marshals, occurred on one flight leaving Las Vegas, when an unknowing passenger, most likely a tourist, was identified in an SDR for doing nothing more than taking a photo of the Las Vegas skyline as his plane rolled down the runway.

"You're saying that was not an accurate portrayal of a potential terrorist activity?" Kovaleski asked.

"No, it was not," an air marshal said.

"It was a marshal trying to meet a quota ..." Kovaleski said.

"Yes, he was," the air marshal replied.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9559707/detail.html

Do you still wonder why I fly a flag upside down?

Guest Tigrinum Major

What do you use? A dirt airstrip located next to your pot fields in South Alabama?

I don't wonder why you do anything you do.

Do you still wonder why I fly a flag upside down?

I flew mine upside down the day the Senate failed to convict Clinton.

"Although the agency strongly denies any presence of a quota system, Las Vegas-based air marshals have produced documents that show their performance review is directly linked to producing SDRs."

If these guys are telling the truth and have documentation to support their statements there should be an investigation. If this truly is going on it should be stopped, no excuse for it. Air Marshals should report all suspicions without any quota system especially tied into performance evaluations.

And where is that upside down flag, it has dissappeared from all your posts? Which I am glad to see b/c it is not proper.

Archived