Leslie Miles,"F'in Alabama!"

OKieAuburnDoug

That recruit that Saban "won" turned out to be a liar. Guess he went to the right school then.

Are you saying that because he committed to one school and switched that he is a liar?

Would love to see what you think about Ryan P then

slink, it doesn't count.....remember, it only counts when its negative towards :ua: .

do you not read? the kid said in so many words that saban was unpleasant and overconfident and that if he were still coaching at lsu, he wouldn't even have been considering lsu for contention. he then proceeded to say saban's attempt at pulling him to bama made him even more fired up to play for lsu.

then he switched his commitment to alabama.

try and think about what you say before you try to get a little snide quip in.

That recruit that Saban "won" turned out to be a liar. Guess he went to the right school then.

Are you saying that because he committed to one school and switched that he is a liar?

slink, it doesn't count.....remember, it only counts when its negative towards :ua: .

He is a liar because he told Miles he was going to his Uncle's funeral, when in fact he was going to visit Bama. Miles got ticked and withdrew his scholarship offer.

Completley different from Ryan P. situation

He is a liar because he told Miles he was going to his Uncle's funeral, when in fact he was going to visit Bama. Miles got ticked and withdrew his scholarship offer.

It's recruiting. LSU has had plenty of kids commit to others school and decommit and go to them after coaches "their word"

Everyone has it. Don't care what he told Miles...kids lie to coaches all the time for whatever reasons...maybe they just can't tell the coach to their face.

Calling one kid a liar while you have plenty of them on your team is pretty funny to me.

I wanted to bash Greenlee for switching to FSU on signing day after he swore to us for MONTHS that he was ALL-UGA but you know what? We got Chris Little who switched from ND to UGA on signing day....quite hypocritical of me to say all kids who do that are "liars" or whatever

It's recruiting. LSU has had plenty of kids commit to others school and decommit and go to them after coaches "their word"

Everyone has it. Don't care what he told Miles...kids lie to coaches all the time for whatever reasons...maybe they just can't tell the coach to their face.

Calling one kid a liar while you have plenty of them on your team is pretty funny to me.

I wanted to bash Greenlee for switching to FSU on signing day after he swore to us for MONTHS that he was ALL-UGA but you know what? We got Chris Little who switched from ND to UGA on signing day....quite hypocritical of me to say all kids who do that are "liars" or whatever

I have no problem with him changing his commitment. These are 18 year old kids and they are allowed to change their minds, even at the last minute, I hold no ill will over anyone who did that to LSU. However, he told Miles his uncle died and had to go to his funeral when that wasn't the truth. It was an obvious lie. He also said in interviews that he would never play for coach Saban and that he would never attend LSU (while Saban was coaching).

Then he commits to Alabama. The kid has character issues.

What makes you think so many players lie? Switching commitments is not lying. Telling a coach your uncle died when in fact you're visiting another school is lying.

I have no problem with him changing his commitment. These are 18 year old kids and they are allowed to change their minds, even at the last minute, I hold no ill will over anyone who did that to LSU. However, he told Miles his uncle died and had to go to his funeral when that wasn't the truth. It was an obvious lie. He also said in interviews that he would never play for coach Saban and that he would never attend LSU (while Saban was coaching).

Then he commits to Alabama. The kid has character issues.

What makes you think so many players lie? Switching commitments is not lying. Telling a coach your uncle died when in fact you're visiting another school is lying.

Quote for truth.

BIG difference. No one's saying he's a liar because he changed his mind on his commitment.

SLink, you didn't get into any of that Kool-Aid did you?

I just think its funny that a kid lying about his grandfather makes him a "liar" but a good that commits to a school and then on signing day signs with another school is "not a liar"

Uh....ok

I just think its funny that a kid lying about his grandfather makes him a "liar" but a good that commits to a school and then on signing day signs with another school is "not a liar"

Uh....ok

I don't understand why you're having a hard time with this. I really feel like I am trying to explain logic to a bammer.

I mean seriously, reread your own post. "I just think its funny that a kid lying about his grandfather makes him a "liar"

Davis was quoted in the papers as saying that Saban is an unlikable scumbag and that the only school he has any interest in whatsoever is LSU, yet if Saban were still coaching there he would have to play somewhere else becuase Saban was such a slimeball. He further stated that his efforts to sway him away from LSU made him hate him even more.

Then he lies about going to his uncle's funeral (a pretty messed up thing to lie about), to go visit uat and then lies to Miles to his face by saying he wasn't going to take the visit. Furthermore, there i$ much speculation concerning hi$ motivation to vi$it uat in the fir$t place.

There is a HUGE difference in that whole situation and simply changing your mind on your commitment.

We're not causing this stink over our own player (Chapman) who changed his mind to go to uat.

We respect his decision and wish him well.

I don't understand why you're having a hard time with this.

I really feel like I am trying to explain logic to a bammer.

I mean seriously, reread your own post. "I just think its funny that a kid lying about his grandfather makes him a "liar"

Then he lies about going to his uncle's funeral (a pretty messed up thing to lie about), to go visit uat and then lies to Miles to his face by saying he wasn't going to take the visit. Furthermore, there i$ much speculation concerning hi$ motivation to vi$it uat in the fir$t place.

There is a HUGE difference in that whole situation and simply changing your mind on your commitment.

I reread my post and stand by my statement exactly.

You are saying one kid is a liar for lying to Miles face about the funeral. I get that and would agree it was a lie.

But then you say it is different from a kid telling the coaches that he is coming to that school YET then signing with another school? How again is one lie moreso than the other?

Maybe the kid did tell a lie but so what? Kids tell lies all the time to coaches to get out of visits they dont want to go to or kids changing commits on signing day when they told coaches one thing.

I just don't see how one lie is any different than another.

If you keep up with recruiting, you know that just about every major team gets a kid defecting to their school and maybe 1 or so AWAY from their school just about every year....so are you saying all the players AU has ever gotten that backed away from another school on signing day while committed to them previously are "liars"?

This was your original post, insinuatng that Davis is not a liar.

If you think a kid changing his mind on where he wants to go to school is completely equivalent to the blatant multi-layered lie that involves a "dead" relative, then we just have to agree to disagree.

If you keep up with recruiting, you know that just about every major team gets a kid defecting to their school and maybe 1 or so AWAY from their school just about every year....so are you saying all the players AU has ever gotten that backed away from another school on signing day while committed to them previously are "liars"?

You added this edited comment that completely contradicts the rest of your post.

I give up.

Just for clarification: changing your mind on which school you will play for does not make you a liar.

Lying makes you a liar.

I think that's a fairly simple concept.

I guess my point in that post was that every team has them....though I agree the kid did lie to Miles....I fail to see how it makes him any worse than a kid changing a committment at the last second

I guess my point in that post was that every team has them....though I agree the kid did lie to Miles....I fail to see how it makes him any worse than a kid changing a committment at the last second

I don't understand how you think the two situations are exactly alike.

How is changing your commitment lying? Perrilloux did not like Saban, that is why he was committed to Texas. Then Saban left and Miles came along. Perrilloux liked Miles and decided to stay closer to home for college.

I'm sure recruits change their minds all the time, how is changing your mind lying?

Davis told a bold face lie because he is scared. Miles did not like that he lied and withdrew the scholarship.

Changing your mind about what school you want to attend, even at the last minute = normal

Telling a coach recruiting you that your uncle died when in reality you want to visit another school = LIAR

How is changing your commitment lying?

Seriously? "Coach, I am coming to your school" and then on signing day when they expect it and he changes schools....that is NOT lying?

:lol:

Okkkie Dokie

Now, like I said above....seems these days a LOT of schools get these types of players and I don't hold it against them as it is a tough decision.....but if we are calling a kid out for a lie to a coach...must include them all

Slink changing commits is a little different because the kid could feel in his heart that that is where he is going at the time when he commits. He's not necessarily trying to deceive anyone. However, things change and if he has a change of heart, then maybe it is just that, a change of heart. That is why there is a difference between a verbal and a letter of intent. One is more binding than another. Hell, schools let kids visit other schools after committing knowing that the kid could have a change of heart. It is the way the game works. They do all they can to try to get a verbal even if they know he isn't 100% sold. Some 17-18 yr. olds have a lot to learn about character like I did at that age. Not to mention that some kids are more prone to be manipulated by strong willed coaches than others. Later on they have doubts and bolt.

If you lie about going to a funeral , well then you just flat out lied to deceive someone.

I'm not surprised you are having trouble distinguishing between the two based on previous discussions we've had. :poke:

Think of it this way.

If I tell someone I'm going to mickey d's for lunch then decide to go to burger world instead, is that a lie? Please say no.

If I go to mickey d's for lunch and then tell them I went to burger world that is a direct lie.

If you can't see it now I give up and yes I know there is a big difference between deciding where to go to lunch and where to go to school but the concept is the exact same.

think of it this way, if you tell your girlfriend that you'll meet her for lunch at mickey d's, and then you purosefully go to burger king, KNOWING that she's waiting for you, then you lied.

think of it this way, if you tell your girlfriend that you'll meet her for lunch at mickey d's, and then you purosefully go to burger king, KNOWING that she's waiting for you, then you lied.

I am taking my g/f to a nice resturant tonight and she gave me lip for not choosing this OTHER nice place....ugh, I almost WANTED to take her to Burger King

Seriously? "Coach, I am coming to your school" and then on signing day when they expect it and he changes schools....that is NOT lying?

Okkkie Dokie

Now, like I said above....seems these days a LOT of schools get these types of players and I don't hold it against them as it is a tough decision.....but if we are calling a kid out for a lie to a coach...must include them all

Ok so every kid who has ever given a coach a verbal, and then changed his mind and signed a letter of intent to another school is no better off than someone who told a coach his uncle died just so he can visit another school?

Right.

Like somone said above, its like saying you're going to MCDs for lunch, but on the way you decide you want BK instead. They just changed their minds. When they told the coach "I'm coming to your school" They probably really believed they would go to that school. Then they just changed their mind.

And there is nothing wrong with that. I really wouldn't call them "liars"

Okkkie Dokie

Ok so every kid who has ever given a coach a verbal, and then changed his mind and signed a letter of intent to another school is no better off than someone who told a coach his uncle died just so he can visit another school?

Right.

Like somone said above, its like saying you're going to MCDs for lunch, but on the way you decide you want BK instead. They just changed their minds. When they told the coach "I'm coming to your school" They probably really believed they would go to that school. Then they just changed their mind.

And there is nothing wrong with that. I really wouldn't call them "liars"

Well, I guess we will just agree to disagree. I see lies in both statements.

Archived