President Bush in Enterprise

CCTAU

truthorfiction.com does not have it yet?

President's Visit to Enterprise, AL (Possible Vanity)

Forwarded Email | 3/13/07 | Email

Posted on 03/13/2007 2:37:02 PM PDT by micheknows

Subject: FW: President's Visit to Enterprise

This e-mail was written by someone in Enterprise. She is relaying a message told by an ABI officer who attends Ridgecrest Baptist Church in Enterprise. The officer was with President Bush when he visited.

Joey,

There is a man at Ridgecrest who is an ABI officer. He got up last night and told us about having the honor of being paired with one of the secret service men who were with President Bush Saturday in Enterprise. He said when they started walking through the rubble at the school they came upon four students waiting for the President. They were in an area where on the floor there was a emblem that read EHS Class of 65. When the President approached the students he asked which one of you is the president (I assume president of the student body)? One of of the girls kind of raised her hand and said I am then she hung her head and started to cry. President Bush wrapped his arms around her and the other three joined them. Barry, the ABI officer said President Bush started to cry and said "It's tough being the president isn't it." Barry said he talked with them a little longer. He said he was very close to the President but couldn't hear every word that was spoken, but he could tell that the President was quoting scripture. After a while the President started walking again and said he wanted the emblem preserved whatever it took. The Mayor then spoke up and said they would take care of it and President Bush turned to him and said "I was speaking to the President." I bet that the Mayor closed his mouth then!!! and then President Bush said "by the way where are my children"? The four students who were lagging behind came running up to him and walked the rest of the way over to the church with him. The media were sent to a different area Barry said. When President Bush got inside the church to meet with the families of those that had been killed the secret serviceman turned to Barry and said this is as far as we go. This is his time with them. Barry then asked him if the President was protected and the secret servicemen said yes, he is protected, but not by us. Barry could hardly contain himself as he was telling us this last night. He said he told the secret service man that he wished everyone could witness what he just did then they could see that the most powerful man in the United States was just another human being, a father, a comforter, a friend and had true compassion for these people. However the media does not portrait that, big surprise! Of course I don't tell this story with the humility that Barry did because he was there, but I thought you might like to hear it. You might want to share it with Paul and Kim.

Love ya,

Tammy

LINK

Seems par for the course with this President. He seems most 'Presidential' when there's no one looking. ( Unlike the last guy we had in office )

Obviously you do or you wouldn't have taken the time to post.

What does that have to do with anything ? Bush went to Enterprise , AL in the wake of a natural disater. You post that you don't care, ( which shows you DO care ) , and then follow that up a non sequitor post about the military ? :blink:

The GOP will never be as loathed and hated by the military as are the Democrats, so stop wasting your time.

Bottomfeeder, In all honesty, there are times to speak, and there are times to be silent. Its very evident that somehow Bush has gotten under your skin and every single thing he does annoys you and you feel the need to air your voice at times that are inappropriate. I don't agree with your political beliefs, but you would win more people to your side and your voice would be taken more seriously if you weren't so constantly combative and standoffish. I realise there are people on both sides of the issue that take your approach, but I'm growing tired of constant asides that show your distaste when they have nothing to do with the subject at hand. I'm on the verge of putting you on the ignore list, because your posts have actually become a waste of my time and do not further or stimulate my thought in any way whatsoever. - aumd03

Bottomfeeder, In all honesty, there are times to speak, and there are times to be silent. Its very evident that somehow Bush has gotten under your skin and every single thing he does annoys you and you feel the need to air your voice at times that are inappropriate. I don't agree with your political beliefs, but you would win more people to your side and your voice would be taken more seriously if you weren't so constantly combative and standoffish. I realise there are people on both sides of the issue that take your approach, but I'm growing tired of constant asides that show your distaste when they have nothing to do with the subject at hand. I'm on the verge of putting you on the ignore list, because your posts have actually become a waste of my time and do not further or stimulate my thought in any way whatsoever. - aumd03

You're right. I have more fun in the Football Forum anyway.

Sounds true to me. In the video I saw, he seemed to have connected with the student leaders, which was after his tour of the building.

truthorfiction.com does not have it yet?

President's Visit to Enterprise, AL (Possible Vanity)

Forwarded Email | 3/13/07 | Email

Posted on 03/13/2007 2:37:02 PM PDT by micheknows

Subject: FW: President's Visit to Enterprise

This e-mail was written by someone in Enterprise. She is relaying a message told by an ABI officer who attends Ridgecrest Baptist Church in Enterprise. The officer was with President Bush when he visited.

Joey,

There is a man at Ridgecrest who is an ABI officer. He got up last night and told us about having the honor of being paired with one of the secret service men who were with President Bush Saturday in Enterprise. He said when they started walking through the rubble at the school they came upon four students waiting for the President. They were in an area where on the floor there was a emblem that read EHS Class of 65. When the President approached the students he asked which one of you is the president (I assume president of the student body)? One of of the girls kind of raised her hand and said I am then she hung her head and started to cry. President Bush wrapped his arms around her and the other three joined them. Barry, the ABI officer said President Bush started to cry and said "It's tough being the president isn't it." Barry said he talked with them a little longer. He said he was very close to the President but couldn't hear every word that was spoken, but he could tell that the President was quoting scripture. After a while the President started walking again and said he wanted the emblem preserved whatever it took. The Mayor then spoke up and said they would take care of it and President Bush turned to him and said "I was speaking to the President." I bet that the Mayor closed his mouth then!!! and then President Bush said "by the way where are my children"? The four students who were lagging behind came running up to him and walked the rest of the way over to the church with him. The media were sent to a different area Barry said. When President Bush got inside the church to meet with the families of those that had been killed the secret serviceman turned to Barry and said this is as far as we go. This is his time with them. Barry then asked him if the President was protected and the secret servicemen said yes, he is protected, but not by us. Barry could hardly contain himself as he was telling us this last night. He said he told the secret service man that he wished everyone could witness what he just did then they could see that the most powerful man in the United States was just another human being, a father, a comforter, a friend and had true compassion for these people. However the media does not portrait that, big surprise! Of course I don't tell this story with the humility that Barry did because he was there, but I thought you might like to hear it. You might want to share it with Paul and Kim.

Love ya,

Tammy

LINK

Archived