For the record

BamaGrad03

Was it not? Please don't try and tell me you weren't trying to show us that we had the chance to have an Enterprise fundraiser and didn't. You were trying to Zing! us with this fact, which makes Bama look better.

Sorry, BG. I understand how to read between lines and anything to do with these posts is part of a gigantic pissing contest that has been going on since the early 1900s.

It wasn't. It was actually a "not so fast" to those who were trying to make the two posters feel like idiots. The two posters who asked "if you are going to dog us about 38k...why don't you explain why you all didn't raise anything"...only to go ..."well dumbazz ours was AFTER the incident".

But hey, thanks for telling me what I was trying to say.

BG, if you're constantly so damn irked by how misunderstood you are, do you think it might just be your own communication problem? let me guess, you're a law student?

No...I get irked when people dont take what I say at face value. And they try and twist it around and TELL ME what I was thinking, or trying to say. People try to make me out to be this bad guy, and I get that...I'm a rival fan. But sometimes, no MOST times (unless its obviously sarcastic), you can take what I say at face value. I mean its not like I ever hold back anyway. If I wanted to dog you guys out for not raising any money, I would have done exactly that.

so you do want to dog us out, then?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you that actually took the time to break down the average of donation per fan, try emailing United Way and asking them why they only took up 38,000 dollars. I can assure you, it's NOT because each fan was only able to muster up 40 cents. It was because they weren't prepared to take donations from 90,000+ people. Not because 90,000+ people didn't want to donate.

Now, I think the University should have just opened the admissions and charged 3 dollars per person, but they didn't. They allowed an outside organization to administrate the collections. That organization was overwhelmed by the amount of donations and didn't have enough staff or law enforcement to help secure such a large amount of money. The north upperdeck and the east upperdeck were roped off until midway through the 1st quarter. Once opened, no staff members with collection buckets stood at those entrances collecting money. So essentially, 20,000+ people didn't even have a chance to donate money to the relief fund.

To try and downplay the collections taken up by saying each fan was only able to give .40 cents is just a complete lack of knowledge to the facts.

If this was already brought up in the BamaPerry thread, my apologies for posting it again.

That organization was overwhelmed by the amount of donations and didn't have enough staff or law enforcement to help secure such a large amount of money.

That is just comical. If anyone actually buys that they are a fool.

That organization was overwhelmed by the amount of donations and didn't have enough staff or law enforcement to help secure such a large amount of money.

So you were there? They had two collectors holding one gallon buckets and two police officers at each gate taking up donations.

If you weren't there and didn't see it yourself, you are making an opinion without an eye-witness account or facts. That my friend, is foolish.

So you were there? They had two collectors holding one gallon buckets and two police officers at each gate taking up donations.

If you weren't there and didn't see it yourself, you are making an opinion without an eye-witness account or facts. That my friend, is foolish.

Granted I wasn't there, but you are the first account I have heard that claims this 2 people holding a gallon bucket each claim.

It's an utterly ridiculous claim to make.

You're telling me that they only thought they could fill two gallon buckets with donation money, after advertising that the A-Day game would be free of charge, with the optional donations requested?

Granted I wasn't there, but you are the first account I have heard that claims this 2 people holding a gallon bucket each claim.

It's an utterly ridiculous claim to make.

You're telling me that they only thought they could fill two gallon buckets with donation money, after advertising that the A-Day game would be free of charge, with the optional donations requested?

I didn't mean to imply they only wanted to fill two one-gallon buckets. In the southeast corner of the stadium, where I entered, they had two people collecting money with one-gallon buckets. Once the bucket was full, they went back and dumped the bucket in a secure area, then came back and collected more. Like I said earlier though, they didn't have anyone to take up donations in the north upperdeck or east upperdeck once they opened both parts of the stadium.

I agree that this should have been a better organized collection. It was not. To try and make Bama fans sound cheap with a ".40 cents per person" claim is also utterly ridiculous, but no one seems to have a problem with that .

To try and make Bama fans sound cheap with a ".40 cents per person" claim is also utterly ridiculous, but no one seems to have a problem with that .

They don't "sound" cheap. They ARE cheap. It wasn't the crust of the crust that showed up for a free game in Tuscaloosa. It was every hillbilly within 100 miles. The same people who eat at Barnhills every Friday night and don't leave a tip because "all she done was fill up the glass and I coulda done that myownself".

To try and make Bama fans sound cheap with a ".40 cents per person" claim is also utterly ridiculous, but no one seems to have a problem with that .

They don't "sound" cheap. They ARE cheap. It wasn't the crust of the crust that showed up for a free game in Tuscaloosa. It was every hillbilly within 100 miles. The same people who eat at Barnhills every Friday night and don't leave a tip because "all she done was fill up the glass and I coulda done that myownself".

I was waiting for that to come out, because that really is all that will come from this discussion. 92,000 fans only donate 38,000 dollars. Cheap Bama fans.

My apologies for the wasted time.

I was waiting for that to come out, because that really is all that will come from this discussion. 92,000 fans only donate 38,000 dollars. Cheap Bama fans.

My apologies for the wasted time.

It was on the news that United Way supplied the people to take up the money, and that they did not send enough people to cover all of the gates. Especially after the other areas opened up. I agree, that it was a shame that more was not taken, but this should have been better organized, but this was done by United Way and not the university.

If Alabama fans are cheap, then what were the other schools that took up NO donations during their games?

Sounds like enough to me even if I believe your version of the event. Two 1 gallon buckets at each entrance = effectively about 1.75 gallons of collecting capacity at each gate at all times. Wow. You could collect hundreds of thousands of dollars that way in an hour or two. PS: Did you know that some money fold and doesn't jingle. That kind weighs less too.

Sounds like enough to me even if I believe your version of the event. Two 1 gallon buckets at each entrance = effectively about 1.75 gallons of collecting capacity at each gate at all times. Wow.

I can see by this response that you either didn't read the entire post, or your reading comprehension is lacking.

PS: Did you know that some money fold and doesn't jingle. That kind weighs less too.
What exactly does this have to do with any part of the discussion?

Sounds like enough to me even if I believe your version of the event. Two 1 gallon buckets at each entrance = effectively about 1.75 gallons of collecting capacity at each gate at all times. Wow. You could collect hundreds of thousands of dollars that way in an hour or two. PS: Did you know that some money fold and doesn't jingle. That kind weighs less too.

They have excuses for every loss on the field and in the press. Couldn't be that they were a bunch of hillbilly cheap asses. Had to be the United Way's fault. AMAZING. They're blaming United Way now. Instead of accepting responsibility for their low-class cheapness, they blame United Way for not sending enough buckets. Utterly pathetic.

Just once I'd like to see one of the Bama apologists come on here and say something like "I'm thoroughly humiliated by the response our fans gave to the request for donations. Even if there were only two buckets, enough people were there that there's no reason for there to be just $38,000 in there. It's disgraceful."

But no. Instead we get:

Weren't enough buckets: United Way's fault

Buckets weren't in places we could see them, we WANTED to contribute and couldn't find anybody to give it to.

Oh yeah? How much did YOUR school collect? At least we put a quarter in the bucket! Nanny Nanny Boo boo.

Oh yeah? How much did YOUR school collect? At least we put a quarter in the bucket! Nanny Nanny Boo boo.

and the only answer we can get to that is "well......it happened AFTER our a-day game! stupid bammers!!"

and for that matter, i know some au fans that have said nobody has the right to say anything about it seeing as how auburn hasn't done anything. i also seem to remember a few here even saying it in one of the original threads. i'm sure most of you were at the bama game and know for a fact there were 10 people at every gate using pickup trucks to put money in and nobody was donating anything, and i'm sure all the auburn fans here have donated TONS of money to the cause, the way you guys act about it. how much did you donate?

and the only answer we can get to that is "well......it happened AFTER our a-day game! stupid bammers!!"

and for that matter, i know some au fans that have said nobody has the right to say anything about it seeing as how auburn hasn't done anything. i also seem to remember a few here even saying it in one of the original threads. i'm sure most of you were at the bama game and know for a fact there were 10 people at every gate using pickup trucks to put money in and nobody was donating anything, and i'm sure all the auburn fans here have donated TONS of money to the cause, the way you guys act about it. how much did you donate?

This argument is completely bogus. What I may or may not have donated or what Auburn may or may not have donated is of no consequence to this situation.

The fact of the matter is that UA advertised that the game would be free and that donations would be taken up to benefit victims of the Enterprise tornado. As you've proudly and frequently boasted, 92,318 people streamed through the gates. Hundreds of thousands more were allegedly turned away. By the admission of the people who attended there were at least two people taking up money at each entry gate. Other people were stationed inside the stadium -- again by the admission of people who were there.

The problem is that the hillbilly throng that filled the stadium couldn't be bothered to spare more than a quarter or two because they had to have their folding money to purchase hot dogs and half-full cups of coke.

Sincere generosity does not require boasting or defending.

my point is, i don't understand the point of the whole attack on the situation. SOMEBODY did SOMETHING. thats what matters. if someone in utah donated freakin $0.01, good for them....thats 1 cent more than alot of people donated. this whole attack against the fundraising efforts is exactly what all of us in volunteer organizations can't stand. you know what, to you or anyone here $38,000 might not be alot but to alot of those folks up there, its much appreciated. and thats what we try to educate people to. we encourage people to volunteer or donate, even if they think its "not much" because what they think is "not much" is something the receiving end didn't have before.

This argument is completely bogus. What I may or may not have donated or what Auburn may or may not have donated is of no consequence to this situation.

The fact of the matter is that UA advertised that the game would be free and that donations would be taken up to benefit victims of the Enterprise tornado. As you've proudly and frequently boasted, 92,318 people streamed through the gates. Hundreds of thousands more were allegedly turned away. By the admission of the people who attended there were at least two people taking up money at each entry gate. Other people were stationed inside the stadium -- again by the admission of people who were there.

The problem is that the hillbilly throng that filled the stadium couldn't be bothered to spare more than a quarter or two because they had to have their folding money to purchase hot dogs and half-full cups of coke.

what you or auburn may or may not have donated or contributed is of absolute consequence to this situation, because of you and your holier than thou attitude. people like you who ridicule people who do actually contribute to things whether it be time or money are part of the reason why volunteer organizations have such a hard time recruiting help or support; because you apparently don't give a care about what they do. basically my point is if you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

BG, wincrimson, and Argo (who was actually there) has said that they were at a number of gates, but there were some gates that were not manned. nobody expected that they would be opening every single gate becauce nobody was really expecting that crowd. they didn't have people on the upper decks and some other sections because those were the last to be opened.

Guest BoStillKnows

Sincere generosity does not require boasting or defending.

my point is, i don't understand the point of the whole attack on the situation. SOMEBODY did SOMETHING. thats what matters. if someone in utah donated freakin $0.01, good for them....thats 1 cent more than alot of people donated. this whole attack against the fundraising efforts is exactly what all of us in volunteer organizations can't stand. you know what, to you or anyone here $38,000 might not be alot but to alot of those folks up there, its much appreciated. and thats what we try to educate people to. we encourage people to volunteer or donate, even if they think its "not much" because what they think is "not much" is something the receiving end didn't have before.

It's the self-serving, holier than thou BS that tires everyone. Quietly do what you feel is right and sleep well. The boasting does nothing but soil the effort. Encourage others to do the right thing but not because you have done your "fair share".

If Alabama fans are cheap, then what were the other schools that took up NO donations during their games?

There's that typical bammer arrogance thinking they are so frickin' superior to everyone else.

what you or auburn may or may not have donated or contributed is of absolute consequence to this situation, because of you and your holier than thou attitude. people like you who ridicule people who do actually contribute to things whether it be time or money are part of the reason why volunteer organizations have such a hard time recruiting help or support; because you apparently don't give a care about what they do. basically my point is if you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

BG, wincrimson, and Argo (who was actually there) has said that they were at a number of gates, but there were some gates that were not manned. nobody expected that they would be opening every single gate becauce nobody was really expecting that crowd. they didn't have people on the upper decks and some other sections because those were the last to be opened.

I'm sure you didn't know this or maybe you did and just decided to ignore it. Maybe its that you think your precious little contribution is more important, but might I suggest you research things before you post. Now, take the foot out of your mouth.

Open mouth remove foot

Fifty-Two Auburn Student-Athletes Help Demolish Two Enterprise Houses Devastated By Tornado

Fifty-two Auburn student-athletes spent all day Saturday demolishing two houses devastated by the Mar. 1 tornado.

KeKe Carrier

April 28, 2007

Enterprise, Ala. - PHOTO GALLERY

Fifty-two Auburn student-athletes spent all day Saturday demolishing two houses devastated by the Mar. 1 tornado, one of which was located 100-yards away from the third hall at Enterprise High School where eight students lost their lives.

"Watching the TV broadcast after the tornado, I knew I wanted to do something to help in Enterprise," sophomore Summer Ragsdale said. "Getting on the bus this morning and seeing so many student-athletes, it is just awesome. One bus load today is going to accomplish a lot."

The group also included the entire Auburn women's basketball coaching staff and representatives from the athletic department.

"We were at the SEC Tournament when the tornado hit and were very aware of what was going on," Auburn head coach Nell Fortner said. "We knew right away that we wanted to do something to help this community. We waited until a trip was organized and were eager to spend today helping these two families. Coming to Enterprise and seeing the destruction that the tornado caused really opened all our eyes."

The group, equipped with protective goggles and gloves, split to cover both houses. With sledgehammers and wheelbarrows in hand the Tiger student-athletes jumped right in, breaking down what was left at the two sites.

Auburn director of community relations and spirit Latisha Durroh spent the past two months organizing the trip along with Sydney Hoffman, a community relations representative from the Governor's office.

"The athletes and athletic staff are doing much more than clearing debris from two destroyed homes," Gov. Bob Riley said. "They are literally clearing the way so that these families can rebuild their homes and their lives."

Guest BoStillKnows

There's that typical bammer arrogance thinking they are so frickin' superior to everyone else.

I'm sure you didn't know this or maybe you did and just decided to ignore it. Maybe its that you think your precious little contribution is more important, but might I suggest you research things before you post. Now, take the foot out of your mouth.

Open mouth remove foot

Fifty-Two Auburn Student-Athletes Help Demolish Two Enterprise Houses Devastated By Tornado

Fifty-two Auburn student-athletes spent all day Saturday demolishing two houses devastated by the Mar. 1 tornado.

KeKe Carrier

April 28, 2007

Enterprise, Ala. - PHOTO GALLERY

Fifty-two Auburn student-athletes spent all day Saturday demolishing two houses devastated by the Mar. 1 tornado, one of which was located 100-yards away from the third hall at Enterprise High School where eight students lost their lives.

"Watching the TV broadcast after the tornado, I knew I wanted to do something to help in Enterprise," sophomore Summer Ragsdale said. "Getting on the bus this morning and seeing so many student-athletes, it is just awesome. One bus load today is going to accomplish a lot."

The group also included the entire Auburn women's basketball coaching staff and representatives from the athletic department.

"We were at the SEC Tournament when the tornado hit and were very aware of what was going on," Auburn head coach Nell Fortner said. "We knew right away that we wanted to do something to help this community. We waited until a trip was organized and were eager to spend today helping these two families. Coming to Enterprise and seeing the destruction that the tornado caused really opened all our eyes."

The group, equipped with protective goggles and gloves, split to cover both houses. With sledgehammers and wheelbarrows in hand the Tiger student-athletes jumped right in, breaking down what was left at the two sites.

Auburn director of community relations and spirit Latisha Durroh spent the past two months organizing the trip along with Sydney Hoffman, a community relations representative from the Governor's office.

"The athletes and athletic staff are doing much more than clearing debris from two destroyed homes," Gov. Bob Riley said. "They are literally clearing the way so that these families can rebuild their homes and their lives."

Birmingham News Front Page Story

Fifty-two Auburn student-athletes spent all day Saturday demolishing two houses

No, it is of no consequence WHATSOEVER.

We're talking about the response of Bama fans. That response was utterly disgraceful. Everything else you say is a transparent attempt to divert attention from that pitiful display of hillbilly charity.

Nobody's ridiculed those who did give, only the fact that the vast majority of the bubbas who rolled into Tuscaloosa couldn't be bothered. How much is a half-cup of coke, anyway? Maybe buy one less.

It's not about anybody else "walking the walk." It's about the fact that when called upon to help Bama fans DID walk. They walked away in droves.

Waaah, waaaah, waaah. United Way didn't send enough buckets. The crowd was so impressive. Baloney. Just admit that the response was a disgrace. We all know it. You won't be breaking new ground.

They have excuses for every loss on the field and in the press. Couldn't be that they were a bunch of hillbilly cheap asses. Had to be the United Way's fault. AMAZING. They're blaming United Way now. Instead of accepting responsibility for their low-class cheapness, they blame United Way for not sending enough buckets. Utterly pathetic.

What's amazing and utterly pathetic is your ranting on something that you've offered no hard facts to back up...other than your brash opinion. I'm certain you have the resources to find out if United Way had enough manpower to cover all the gates. Since you are certain that United Way was more prepared to handle the donations and that it must have been "cheap hillbillies", provide some info that backs that claim up. I'll warn you, when I find it, I'm going to post a clip on Foxnews of a United Way spokesman saying they weren't prepaired for 92,000 people willing to donate. The spokesman said they took up as much as they could at the gates they were at, but simply couldn't put a staff member AND A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER at every gate.

Just once I'd like to see one of the Bama apologists come on here and say something like "I'm thoroughly humiliated by the response our fans gave to the request for donations. Even if there were only two buckets, enough people were there that there's no reason for there to be just $38,000 in there. It's disgraceful."

But no. Instead we get:

Weren't enough buckets: United Way's fault

Buckets weren't in places we could see them, we WANTED to contribute and couldn't find anybody to give it to.

You'd like to see one of the Bama apologists come on here and say "I'm thoroughly humiliated by the response our fans gave to the request for donations. Even if there were only two buckets, enough people were there that there's no reason for there to be just $38,000 in there. It's disgraceful." because it fits your stereotype of Bama fans, not because you want the truth.

For the record, I did put blame on the University for not opening up admissions and charging. I'm certain that went unnoticed as well because again, that doesn't meet your stereotype for Bama fans.

Living near Tuscaloosa must be getting rough. I don't remember you being this pissy.

Archived