For the record

BamaGrad03

All of you dogging us for raising 38k at Aday...

The Tornados at Enterprise occured on March 1st. AU's Aday March 17th. So actually your Aday DIDNT happen before.

Just wanted to clear that up for all of you who were confused.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone was trying to burn BamaPerry (he probably deserved it) after he started thumbing his nose at you guys about not raising any money. So he got a few responses saying that Enterprise thing happened after ya'lls ADay.

The Tornados at Enterprise occured on March 1st. AU's Aday March 17th. So actually your Aday DIDNT happen before.

Please allow me to adventure the next argument coming up....

BG, you're missing the point.. we're not talking about AU funding Enterprise, we are talking about 90,000 turds/bugs/etc... [fill in the blank] not contributing to the Enterprise Fund..

and of course the next most popular line ... you need to improve your reading comprehension and pay attention to what's been said.. ---> translation: just because we typed it does not mean it's what been said as much what not being said is that we meant saying that you missed in our saying of the whole said topic but no wonder you are [turd/bugs/cool-aid something... again fill in the blank]

you guys can feel free in using this as a template..

Please allow me to adventure the next argument coming up....

BG, you're missing the point.. we're not talking about AU funding Enterprise, we are talking about 90,000 turds/bugs/etc... [fill in the blank] not contributing to the Enterprise Fund..

and of course the next most popular line ... you need to improve your reading comprehension and pay attention to what's been said.. ---> translation: just because we typed it does not mean it's what been said as much what not being said is that we meant saying that you missed in our saying of the whole said topic but no wonder you are [turd/bugs/cool-aid something... again fill in the blank]

you guys can feel free in using this as a template..

might use it if it made an ounce of sense. refrain from trying to be funny. and if ANYONE uses the "reading comprehension" line too often around here, it's BG. i swear every other post is him telling someone they can't read prior to dodging the issue and spinning like a dreidel.

for whatever reason, our school did not have a fundraiser the day of our a-day game, which was sparsely attended due to piss poor weather and most auburn fans having more pressing things to do than attend a practice. the argument that we didn't raise any money is moot. there was not an equal chance. your school packed the stadium to gawk at a midget in a suit and somehow only coughed up 30 cents per person. perhaps you see it as silly that we would find that humorous, considering we raised no money whatsoever, but once again, that's not the point. you're just deflecting arrows with spin, as per usual.

might use it if it made an ounce of sense. refrain from trying to be funny. and if ANYONE uses the "reading comprehension" line too often around here, it's BG. i swear every other post is him telling someone they can't read prior to dodging the issue and spinning like a dreidel.

You got me there....I had to look up "dreidel"!

Just want to make sure I got this right...(Granted, AU didn't raise any money at the A-Day game.)

Auburn, not expecting a large crowd for a spring practice, didn't in the 2 weeks leading up to A-Day make any plans to raise money at said event for the victims of the Enterprise tornadoes.

UAT, in trying to win the ever popular "Most Fans at a Spring Practice" Nasheenul Champeenship - had over 7 weeks to plan and build it up. They succeeded in winning the Championship, but couldn't seem to raise more than $.40 per person.

And you want to come on to an Auburn board and try to defend this? Not sure you thought it out too well. But then again...you did graduate from UAT.

Just want to make sure I got this right...(Granted, AU didn't raise any money at the A-Day game.)

Auburn, not expecting a large crowd for a spring practice, didn't in the 2 weeks leading up to A-Day make any plans to raise money at said event for the victims of the Enterprise tornadoes.

UAT, in trying to win the ever popular "Most Fans at a Spring Practice" Nasheenul Champeenship - had over 7 weeks to plan and build it up. They succeeded in winning the Championship, but couldn't seem to raise more than $.40 per person.

And you want to come on to an Auburn board and try to defend this? Not sure you thought it out too well. But then again...you did graduate from UAT.

First, it sounds like you're getting a little too pissy about my post. Secondly, it was only in RESPONSE to a fallacious argument in another thread. It was agreed upon by many that the reason AU DIDNT collect money was because the A Day happened BEFORE the event....not because 2 weeks isn't long enough to prepare for the event (whatever), and not because they didn't expect a large crowd (whatever). Not that it matters, because I think the back and forth is silly, but are you going to sit here and tell me that Auburn people can't organize a handful of people walking around at the statdium with a few donation buckets...in two weeks? If that is trouble, maybe you should be looking at poking fun at Auburn University graduates instead of UA's. Secondly, AU has 25,000+ at every ADay. You don't think that is enough people to generate enough money to have a considerable donation?

You have become so very predeictable. You defend Auburn, and slam Bama, at every turn. You always take the opposite view of me. Even if my position isn't really contested. It's old. It's boring.

for whatever reason, our school did not have a fundraiser the day of our a-day game, which was sparsely attended due to piss poor weather and most auburn fans having more pressing things to do than attend a practice. the argument that we didn't raise any money is moot. there was not an equal chance. your school packed the stadium to gawk at a midget in a suit and somehow only coughed up 30 cents per person. perhaps you see it as silly that we would find that humorous, considering we raised no money whatsoever, but once again, that's not the point. you're just deflecting arrows with spin, as per usual.

you dont say..... <_<

please take a course in reading comprehension, it will do you a load of good. I've never claimed a 2004 National Title..EVER. I do however think we were robbed at a shot to play for it.... I also never said that the BCS title that LSU won wasn't recognized. As far as I'm concerned LSU is and will always be the 2003 NC... I said the media rarely if ever gave them credit for winning the BCS title.. I was merely pointing out that the media was all over USC three peating when they had only one ONE title according to the rules every conference was playing under... I'll translate it for you since you are struggling...LSU was robbed of the attention they deserved...
Your reading comprehension skills are lacking. You'd be hard pressed to find one person on here that has stated $aban is a "terrible coach". Across the board, I think you will find people respect his coaching abilities.

You bammer people have made him out to be this unbeatable super-being and have reacted as though bammer has immediately locked up the next 125 national championships ....

Which means that there is a pretty good chance he will still have a weekly press conference, just not when it is normally held during the week. Reading comprehension skills still an obstacle for you huh? Don't worry, if you get promoted up to the 8th grade next year, maybe you will be able to sharpen them
I don't see how you are making it in college given your reading comprehension level.

Actually, the comment was "Check your calendar." You made a long jump to your conclusion.

It's because I have a "Jump to Conclusions Mat".

Don't know about the date argument, but anybody that criticizes someones donation needs to be asked "how much have you donated".... I'm sure the people of Enterprise are not upset over the 38k and that's what really matters..

Guest Tigrinum Major

Actually, the comment was "Check your calendar." You made a long jump to your conclusion.

It's all semantics.

Or semitic.

One of those.

First, it sounds like you're getting a little too pissy about my post. Secondly, it was only in RESPONSE to a fallacious argument in another thread. It was agreed upon by many that the reason AU DIDNT collect money was because the A Day happened BEFORE the event....not because 2 weeks isn't long enough to prepare for the event (whatever), and not because they didn't expect a large crowd (whatever). Not that it matters, because I think the back and forth is silly, but are you going to sit here and tell me that Auburn people can't organize a handful of people walking around at the statdium with a few donation buckets...in two weeks? If that is trouble, maybe you should be looking at poking fun at Auburn University graduates instead of UA's. Secondly, AU has 25,000+ at every ADay. You don't think that is enough people to generate enough money to have a considerable donation?

Actually, I'm not pissy at all. I think it is hilarious that you feel the need to defend so much on an Auburn board. I think it is hilarious that there was soooo much hype about there being no charge just asking for donations and aaaaalllllllll the hype about winning the Spring Game Attendance Championship - yet out of the 92000+ just in the stadium you raised $.40 per person. And with a little reading comprehension you would see that I admitted Auburn raised no money or even attempted to. You will also see that I NEVER said anything about it being trouble. I also think it hilarious that a whole two people claim the Auburn A-Day game was before the tornados in Bamaperry's thread about your new Championship and you claim,

It was agreed upon by many that the reason AU DIDNT collect money was because the A Day happened BEFORE the event

What constitues "many" to the unwashed masses of Tuscaloosa? :roflol:

You have become so very predeictable. You defend Auburn, and slam Bama, at every turn. You always take the opposite view of me. Even if my position isn't really contested. It's old. It's boring.

:bawling:

Yeah, because I have just gotten in to sooo many debates with you and replied to sooo many BG posts. I live to be BG's antagonist. :rolleyes::roflol:

You sound like the one who is pissy...

Don't know about the date argument, but anybody that criticizes someones donation needs to be asked "how much have you donated".... I'm sure the people of Enterprise are not upset over the 38k and that's what really matters..

I think you are taking it a little too seriously. It started out just poking fun at Bammers. It has seemed to grow legs and take off. And not that it matters, but I did donate, and more than $.40. ;)

I think you are taking it a little too seriously. It started out just poking fun at Bammers. It has seemed to grow legs and take off. And not that it matters, but I did donate, and more than $.40. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I love to bury Bammer as much as the next guy. But this is a very touchy subject across our state and I don't think it should be something that gets in middle of our rivalry.

You see...there's all these conclusions and you can jump to them.

FOR THE RECORD

If we're going to get into a pissing contest about the Enterprise relief efforts, our athletic department just sent a team of volunteers, led by Mrs. Borges, to Enterprise. It was a full bus load plus some car loads of staff members, athletes and Tiger Hosts/Tigerettes. There was also a department canned food drive to send down there as well. I donated two cans, Del Monte cans, which therefore means I gave almost three times the amount the average Bama fan gave.

FOR THE RECORD

If we're going to get into a pissing contest about the Enterprise relief efforts, our athletic department just sent a team of volunteers, led by Mrs. Borges, to Enterprise. It was a full bus load plus some car loads of staff members, athletes and Tiger Hosts/Tigerettes. There was also a department canned food drive to send down there as well. I donated two cans, Del Monte cans, which therefore means I gave almost three times the amount the average Bama fan gave.

Since you can't read...I'll explain it to you. This had nothing to do with a "pissing contest" on who did what. Get whomever wrote your post for you to go back through this thread and read the explanation to you.

FOR THE RECORD

Since you can't read...I'll explain it to you. This had nothing to do with a "pissing contest" on who did what. Get whomever wrote your post for you to go back through this thread and read the explanation to you.

Actually it is. Or at least trying to be. Anybody attempting to belittle the fundraising efforts at the Bama A-day game is really trying to say, "If we had 92k people at our A-Day game and held a fundraiser, we would have raised so much more money than you!!!11!!1!" I'm simply trying to give Auburn something more than a "we would have done it better if we would have tried" argument.

The truth is that the 38k is extremely helpful to the relief effort. I'm reminded of the story in the bible about the old lady dropping in a few measly cents and the people laughing at her. Jesus said that she gave all that she had while the people giving ample amounts of money were simply giving the change they didn't need. I'm not saying that Bama fans can only afford 30 cent donations but they did contribute, as did we.

And your post was about this: "The Tornados at Enterprise occured on March 1st. AU's Aday March 17th. So actually your Aday DIDNT happen before." Was it not? Please don't try and tell me you weren't trying to show us that we had the chance to have an Enterprise fundraiser and didn't. You were trying to Zing! us with this fact, which makes Bama look better.

Sorry, BG. I understand how to read between lines and anything to do with these posts is part of a gigantic pissing contest that has been going on since the early 1900s.

FOR THE RECORD

BG, if you're constantly so damn irked by how misunderstood you are, do you think it might just be your own communication problem? let me guess, you're a law student?

I PROPOSE A BOARD RULE: that BG can NEVER claim someone else "can't read" or "didn't understand what he was trying to say" ever again, by penalty of lobotomy. or something else that might affect him.

Was it not? Please don't try and tell me you weren't trying to show us that we had the chance to have an Enterprise fundraiser and didn't. You were trying to Zing! us with this fact, which makes Bama look better.

Sorry, BG. I understand how to read between lines and anything to do with these posts is part of a gigantic pissing contest that has been going on since the early 1900s.

It wasn't. It was actually a "not so fast" to those who were trying to make the two posters feel like idiots. The two posters who asked "if you are going to dog us about 38k...why don't you explain why you all didn't raise anything"...only to go ..."well dumbazz ours was AFTER the incident".

But hey, thanks for telling me what I was trying to say.

BG, if you're constantly so damn irked by how misunderstood you are, do you think it might just be your own communication problem? let me guess, you're a law student?

No...I get irked when people dont take what I say at face value. And they try and twist it around and TELL ME what I was thinking, or trying to say. People try to make me out to be this bad guy, and I get that...I'm a rival fan. But sometimes, no MOST times (unless its obviously sarcastic), you can take what I say at face value. I mean its not like I ever hold back anyway. If I wanted to dog you guys out for not raising any money, I would have done exactly that.

Archived