Bama:12-0 for 2007

DKW 86

You guys do realize he is not expecting this and it is more of a joke?

I didn't realize Bama changed their schedule. I thought they played LSU when we played UGA.

And why does everyone say Les Miles has yet to prove himself because of Saban's talent, when the same came be said about Urban Meyer?

Sh**head tries to play down "depth" and "talent" in the beginning claiming that coaching wins. Then he claims that Bama is (against conventional wisdom) "loaded." Then finishes with "talent only goes so far and great coaching will prevail in the end."

Galt's was satire...This is just plain drunken blather. :roflol:

MDM4AU, "Against Conventional Wisdom" has been bammer's motto since their inception; or maybe it's "Against All Wisdom"--yeah that's it. My bad, oh and I wish I could punch Shane in the face.

BTW I like cheeseburgers

Sh**head tries to play down "depth" and "talent" in the beginning claiming that coaching wins. Then he claims that Bama is (against conventional wisdom) "loaded." Then finishes with "talent only goes so far and great coaching will prevail in the end."

I quit reading it when I got to the part about depth not being as important now, as it was 30 years ago. :blink:

Bama fans - Articles like these, are why you are constantly hammered in the national press.

I don't think he is to far off on his predictions.

I mean what the he#$, all we have heard for the last few years is what a GREAT job CMS has done with recruiting...they should be loaded for bear.

Next enter the "god" CNS, He should go AT LEAST 11-1 this year and every year he is there.

I quit reading it when I got to the part about depth not being as important now, as it was 30 years ago. :blink:

Bama fans - Articles like these, are why you are constantly hammered in the national press.

Matt, that was the whole point. This is why so many laugh when they speak.

1) "Recruiting has been going lights out the last 3 or so years we are loaded with talent on this team. We have been concentrating on OL and DL and we are stacked at those positions and at RB. We roll five deep at RB."

Next Breath

2) "Depth is overrated. We have the edge in coaching to make up for the depth we dont have."

Next Breath

3) CMS left Alabama with little talent. We will be thin this year, especially on DL, LB, and at RB.

And to that, the rest of the football world says WTH? I have read all that and more trying to get a read on Bama for a 2007 preview I am writing. I got to say that it isnt only me that is confused. You could write it off as sandbagging. I find it hard to believe that some of the folks doing the writing are sandbagging anything. They write to sell papers, mags, radio shows. Sandbagging doesnt do that. Or maybe the recruiting bozos have just been honking bobo to sell their mags, radio shows, etc.

Preseason polls have about as much relevance to me as the final BCS Poll. I don't give a rip who is making the predictions, whether they be some loser blogging on Finebaum's website, some beat writer, or a college football guru who writes for espn.com. Truth be told, and this is stating the obvious, there are no soothsayers in this world. Noone knows what will happen from one year to the next, because noone can see into the future. Duh!! If I only had a dime for everytime Auburn did poorly when expected to do well. If I had a dime for everytime Auburn did great when they were supposed to do poorly.

All I care about is that Tommy Tuberville has been lights out in recruiting, has won consistently with the players he recruited, and our program is in great shape, both academically and on the field. As long as this trend continues, Auburn will always be in a position to run the table any given year.

As far as Bama is concerned, I could really care less what the so called experts say. 99% of their fanbase is too stupid to realize that when your team is not winning, then you shut your pie hole. When your team is not winning titles of any kind, then you have no credibility discussing titles. Win something, and then you can open your facial orifice and reveal the last three teeth you have left while bragging about the school you n ever went to. Until then, quit telling me what's gonna happen. Just tell me when it does happen.

Preseason polls have about as much relevance to me as the final BCS Poll. I don't give a rip who is making the predictions, whether they be some loser blogging on Finebaum's website, some beat writer, or a college football guru who writes for espn.com. Truth be told, and this is stating the obvious, there are no soothsayers in this world. Noone knows what will happen from one year to the next, because noone can see into the future. Duh!! If I only had a dime for everytime Auburn did poorly when expected to do well. If I had a dime for everytime Auburn did great when they were supposed to do poorly.

All I care about is that Tommy Tuberville has been lights out in recruiting, has won consistently with the players he recruited, and our program is in great shape, both academically and on the field. As long as this trend continues, Auburn will always be in a position to run the table any given year.

As far as Bama is concerned, I could really care less what the so called experts say. 99% of their fanbase is too stupid to realize that when your team is not winning, then you shut your pie hole. When your team is not winning titles of any kind, then you have no credibility discussing titles. Win something, and then you can open your facial orifice and reveal the last three teeth you have left while bragging about the school you n ever went to. Until then, quit telling me what's gonna happen. Just tell me when it does happen.

We have a winner.... :)

"... Auburn's defense can't stop uat's 5 tailback (count them, 5) attack. "

Oh, no -- the bammies are rollin' 5 deep again! :lol::lol:

If Shane told me the Earth was round, and not flat, I'd begin to have doubts about what I've been taught my entire life.

The truth be told, we "roll shallow" at RB. I see potential in Grant and Upchurh, but think that most everybody else is dead weight. Johns will be a decent short yardage guy.

If Shane told me the Earth was round, and not flat, I'd begin to have doubts about what I've been taught my entire life.

The truth be told, we "roll shallow" at RB. I see potential in Grant and Upchurh, but think that most everybody else is dead weight. Johns will be a decent short yardage guy.

You're WAAAAAAY off! Coffee will be the man, Grant will play a lot. Jamar Taylor looked great as a true Frosh in the Spring, throw in Upchurch, Johns, and Goode and I'd say we're fine there. Dead weight? SHEEESH! :puke:

A reasonable take. The little I've seen of Grant has been pretty impressive. He and Johns could be a good 1-2 punch.

You're WAAAAAAY off! Coffee will be the man, Grant will play a lot. Jamar Taylor looked great as a true Frosh in the Spring, throw in Upchurch, Johns, and Goode and I'd say we're fine there. Dead weight? SHEEESH! :puke:

No, I'm not. Sorry we can't all be blind followers such as yourself.

Coffee being "the man?" Dude, he averaged 3.3 yards per carry his freshman year and is now coming off surgery. Just because he had one long run against LSU's prevent defense doesn't make him the next Musso. He's slow, weak, and an overall mediocre running back.

Grant and Upchurch are different. Although I like big, physical RBs instead of the smaller, shiftier versions, they'll suffice. Johns is the new Castille. And I'll say, he's really never impressed me. He's a phenomenal athlete, but after two years on the field, he has nothing to show for it.

22 September v. Georgia – The dogs lost a lot of players from their underperforming 06 team, a team that had a tough September. Expect the trend to continue. Alabama wins at home 28-21.

Interesting. So I guess he didn't watch us past September?

"the shane says columns are currently under review"

he has picked alabama to win every game in the last two years so he's got that going for him.

"As far as Bama is concerned, I could really care less what the so called experts say. "

NO...you couldn't. Just sayin'.... :)

:au::homer:

Archived