Who's Watching 20/20 Tonight?

Hey, it may be a bust. But everybody in Washington is either worried or slavering with anticipation about this story. If it lives up to its potential, it will be huge. There's no telling how many reputations will get ruined. I think I'll watch.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/0...wyer_deman.html

I read an article earlier this week (will try to find the link) that said this was a complete bust for ABC, and there was only a few "big hitters" on the list. Apparently the segment tonight is only going to be 10 minutes at the end of the broadcast.

EDIT

Here is the link. Its an article from the Washington Examiner.

List revealed

I read an article earlier this week (will try to find the link) that said this was a complete bust for ABC, and there was only a few "big hitters" on the list. Apparently the segment tonight is only going to be 10 minutes at the end of the broadcast.

EDIT

Here is the link. Its an article from the Washington Examiner.

List revealed

Evidently, ABC chickened out, then.

Part of the reason why the “20/20” segment may end up being so tame is that there were serious discussions within ABC News over the legal and ethical questions involved in identifying men on Palfrey’s client list. Questions such as: What makes a public figure a public figure (and worthy of mention on the broadcast)? Does merely having your phone number appear in Palfrey’s phone records prove that you used her service? What if you called Palfrey’s service only for a massage (as Tobias claims) or female companionship? How can the network prove that sex actually took place? And is ABC being used by Palfrey to do her dirty work?

They must have discovered that people other than republicans were on the list.

I have heard that a lot of the names are people who were career positions in different agencies. Including an economist, "military officials," a CEO, a couple of lobbyists (that I doubt anyone outside of DC would know), and the head of a think tank.

It would be interesting to see. Like the article you linked stated, this story was really hyped for a few weeks and ABC will really wind up with a lot of egg on their face if the story fizzles.

Bummer. I was kind of hoping this would put some people (both elephants and donkeys) in a tight spot.

Archived