Clemens to Yanks...

kickerman97

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2862088

Clemens' contract will be a pro-rated salary of $28 million dollars, according to ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney. His pro-rated salary last season was $22 million.

Clemens will make about $4.5 million per month for June, July, August and September.

I was hoping he would come back to the Red Sox, but I figured it was between the Astros and the Yanks. I think his ego is big enough, he thinks everyone will sing his praises if he comes back solid for the Yankees. And I think there is a better chance of making the playoffs. I won't look forward to seeing him face the red sox, but if he gets stupid and plunks someone, I'd like to see Ortiz break him over his knee.

A fat indecisive old man on the mound is not going to help the Yanks get to the playoffs.

So here's my question: What hat will he be wearing when he's inducted to Cooperstown?

A jersey with a dollar sign on it?

Former 74 year old Little Leaguer Danny Almonte was really pissed that he wasn't chosen as NYY's honory "senior citizen player of the year."

Don Zimmer came in third, by the way.

I figured this would happen. I'd rather him be on the Yanks than some team that was serious about winning a world series, though. His commitment to himself and no one else fits in nicely with the Yankees. It'll be interesting to see if the 10 wins he gets them this year will be enough for them to get into the playoffs.

Ridiculous. Here's a guy who will get what...25 starts, maybe. You'll hear all the usual crap about his first few starts and how he has to play himself back into shape etc. As I understand it, he won't even be making road trips with the team if his turn isn't coming up, just like with the Astros.

What about all the guys who busted their collective arses in training camp and spring training trying to make the team? It's just like Neon Deion Sanders used to do his last few years. Let me skip all the hard stuff. I'll get in shape on my own and let you know when I want to come and play. On my own terms.

Ridiculous. Here's a guy who will get what...25 starts, maybe. You'll hear all the usual crap about his first few starts and how he has to play himself back into shape etc. As I understand it, he won't even be making road trips with the team if his turn isn't coming up, just like with the Astros.

What about all the guys who busted their collective arses in training camp and spring training trying to make the team? It's just like Neon Deion Sanders used to do his last few years. Let me skip all the hard stuff. I'll get in shape on my own and let you know when I want to come and play. On my own terms.

And for $4.5 M A MONTH. A MONTH.

I - and most Disastro fans - just got tired of being dicked around. Either come back or don't. Stop the dragging it out bull**** and make up your FREAKING mind so we can spend our $$ on a player who WANTS to play, instead of waiting on your sorry back aching groin pulling overhyped ego to grace some one with your presence.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Him or his agent was on ESPN a few weeks back talking about how it "wasnt about the money"

What garbage...

It was all about the money. He wanted to be the highest paid player in history and he succeeded. His $28, though prorated, eclispes A-Rod $27 million. Of course, he won't get it all.

just got tired of being dicked around. Either come back or don't. Stop the dragging it out bull**** and make up your FREAKING mind so we can spend our $$ on a player who WANTS to play, instead of waiting on your sorry back aching groin pulling overhyped ego to grace some one with your presence.

I believe the Packers and Astros have been thinking the same thing over the last few years. ;)

Him or his agent was on ESPN a few weeks back talking about how it "wasnt about the money"

What garbage...

It was all about the money. He wanted to be the highest paid player in history and he succeeded. His $28, though prorated, eclispes A-Rod $27 million. Of course, he won't get it all.

How does that go? I havent read anything stating exactly how he gets paid

He's getting $28MM prorated over the balance of the season that remains...he'll end up getting about $20MM or thereabouts.

The Yankmes can have him and his outsized ego...Roger Clemens is first and foremost about Roger Clemens. One of the local guys here in Houston referred to him as Pope Roger the 22nd...that made me laugh.

Archived