I love the creativity in this

I think public shame should play a larger role in our justice system.

A 'BAD' SIGN

news036.jpg

May 8, 2007 -- Lisa King Fithian is a walking billboard against shoplifting as she parades in front of a Wal-Mart in Attalla, Ala. - her penalty for stealing. A judge ordered her and another shoplifter to stand outside the store wearing the sign for four hours for two successive Saturdays to avoid serving 60 days in jail.

Link

The only thing I have a problem with is her saying she's a she. Looks too much like a dude, but I guess that's how they roll up in Attalla.

The only thing I have a problem with is her saying she's a she. Looks too much like a dude, but I guess that's how they roll up in Attalla.

Well once she took the sign off and you could see what she had on everything was clear.......

PAAAAAGDPEBLABDB.jpg

I don't have a problem with the sign. I think that's a highly appropriate punishment. But if the judge also forced her to get that haircut that would definitely qualify for cruel and unusual punishment.

Well once she took the sign off and you could see what she had on everything was clear.......

PAAAAAGDPEBLABDB.jpg

So they let you keep what you steal in Attala?

I agree that we should have more "punishments that fit the crime" so to speak. Not to mention, it keeps our jails full of one-time offenders. I doubt this girl will ever think of stealing something again.

I agree that we should have more "punishments that fit the crime" so to speak. Not to mention, it keeps our jails full of one-time offenders. I doubt this girl will ever think of stealing something again.

Yeah, I'm of the belief that you should have done to you what you did to someone else. For her, chain her to a chair in her front yard and stick a sign in the yard saying everything in the house is free. She should love that.

To follow up, murderers should be killed in the way they were killed, and sex offenders sold into sex slavery overseas.

To follow up, murderers should be killed in the way they were killed, and sex offenders sold into sex slavery overseas.

I think that would lead to an increase in sex crimes.

Yeah, I'm of the belief that you should have done to you what you did to someone else. For her, chain her to a chair in her front yard and stick a sign in the yard saying everything in the house is free. She should love that.

WOW...never thought anybody else in the world felt this way. I've been saying this for years. Glad to see someone else thinks this way. If we had tougher penalties for the murderers and such out there, we wouldn't have the high crime we have today. My example is: The two men that orchestrated the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City. How many did they kill that day? I honestly don't remember. BUT, the point is this. ALL over the country there are buildings being demolished EVERY DAY. They've become eyesores over the years and finally they decided its time to bring it down. Get the building(s) all prepared for demolition, and, take these to men to separate abandoned multi-story buildings somewhere in the US, provide them food and water for up to, say, 45 days, and tell them that sometime during that 45 days, the building will be demolished. SHUT down the elevators, lock up all the staircases so they are forced to stay on one floor. They get NO WARNING about when its coming, and let them live in fear EVERY DAY not knowing when that building is coming down on top of them.

Now, a lot of folks in this country would scream at the viciousness of this, but, what about all those innocent people that got no warning before their lives were taken away from them?

I think public shame should play a larger role in our justice system.

A 'BAD' SIGN

news036.jpg

May 8, 2007 -- Lisa King Fithian is a walking billboard against shoplifting as she parades in front of a Wal-Mart in Attalla, Ala. - her penalty for stealing. A judge ordered her and another shoplifter to stand outside the store wearing the sign for four hours for two successive Saturdays to avoid serving 60 days in jail.

Link

Now that a degrading punishment!

Having to sport that hairdoo or being forced to carry the sign?

Having to sport that hairdoo or being forced to carry the sign?

tis I would have to say both! I think she has some great built in birth control

Archived