Shane Sez 5/11/07

deepseas

Pride & Arrogance

Bored at work, thought I'd share. Starts off fine, and I'm thinking this is going to be about Mike Vick, then spirals out-of-control. Did I miss a ton of arrests at Auburn, I mean holocaust deniers have a better grasp of reality. :no:

I didn't read it but I did hear Shane for Brains on PF the other day and he just flat-out made everything up. He accused Balkom, Blackmon and Shirrey of getting multiple DUIs and Tubby giving preferential treatment to Blackmon after his most recent run-in with the law for drinking.

Just made it all up and Finebaum agreed wholeheartedly with him and challenged Auburn people to call in and defend Tuberville. I don't think anyone called because there were only 4 Auburn fans listening. 1 was Bobby and another was I-Man and I was 3rd. Not sure who the other fan was.

OF all the stupid things shane has pounded out, that is at the top of the list. He's just flat ouot making things up. I wonder he sees himself as other see him, naaaaaaah he thinks he's smart (jes like BP)

"lack of respect for his instate rival" Well hell, when you kick their arse for five years in a row, you tend to lose a little respect for them. And by the way, what frickin rock does this guy live under?

Shane is a relevant and accurate source of news for Auburn and Alabama football.

Signed,

Nobody

i'm not sure i understand where out of the wild blue that article comes from, really. calling CTT an egomaniac is a pretty big stretch though i think. is he giving preferential treatment to blackmon? i don't know, i'm not CTT or blackmon. blackmon is the only one out of the trio listed that actually has had multiple drinking violations (2?), isn't he? i don't know why you would let someone keep violating the rules, but like i said i'm neither of them so there may be something to those situations. however, i am all for a rule that if anyone is caught for posession of drugs, see ya later. off the team. period. no matter who they are.

as far as the rival stuff goes.....whatever. heres the deal: yall have beaten us 5 years in a row, you have smack talking rights and you're gonna use it. we beat yall, we have smack talking rights and we're gonna use it. thats the way it goes. its the greatest rivalry in football. whats the point in a rivalry if you can't talk some smack?

This it totally off the subject, Finebaum was interviewed by 790 AM here in Atlanta(I think this morning) and said this about Hank Aaron in reference to Bud Selig. I heard the replay and looked for the audio on the website but couldn't find it. I don't exactly know what context it was in, but they were making a huge deal of it, for the 15 or so minutes I caught on the way to work - basically saying it was pretty racially charged.

"Hank Aaron is Bud Selig's houseboy. Do you know what that is? He's his cabana boy."

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

This is a classic case of placing all of your eggs in one basket. Shane and most Bama fans have put their entire stock into Saban being a resounding success story at Alabama. If Saban fails for whatever reason, then it will take a company of Halliburton's stature to clean up the egg yolk on most Bama fans collective faces.

This is a classic case of placing all of your eggs in one basket. Shane and most Bama fans have put their entire stock into Saban being a resounding success story at Alabama. If Saban fails for whatever reason, then it will take a company of Halliburton's stature to clean up the egg yolk on most Bama fans collective faces.

I can't wait for that day to get here! :big:

is he giving preferential treatment to blackmon? i don't know, i'm not CTT or blackmon. blackmon is the only one out of the trio listed that actually has had multiple drinking violations (2?), isn't he?

My understanding is that the drinking only happened once with Blackmon. It has never come to light exactly why he was out of school this Spring. Just no way to know if he gave preferential treatment or not without knowing all the facts. The people who do know if special treatment had been given is the other players on the team. I have to assume that with there being no stink coming from the rest of the team then no special treatment has been given or received.

we expect he will be a success because of his past history of coaching on the college level, most notably LSU. when someone wins 2 SEC titles and a MNC in 5 years, i would consider that successful. for example, after the 2004 season most AU fans expect to win the SEC and be in a BCS bowl. that expectation is there because of the past success of your coach. so, are you saying that anytime any new head coach comes in you should automatically disregard his past coaching career and expect him to be horrible? at the beginning of each season should you disregard the success your team had the previous season and expect them to be horrible? now, am i saying he will be an immediate success? no. am i saying we will win a million SEC titles and a hojillion MNCs? no. i'm just saying i expect him to be a successful coach at alabama, but maybe not immediately. nobody will really know until september.

we expect he will be a success because of his past history of coaching on the college level, most notably LSU. when someone wins 2 SEC titles and a MNC in 5 years, i would consider that successful. for example, after the 2004 season most AU fans expect to win the SEC and be in a BCS bowl. that expectation is there because of the past success of your coach. so, are you saying that anytime any new head coach comes in you should automatically disregard his past coaching career and expect him to be horrible? at the beginning of each season should you disregard the success your team had the previous season and expect them to be horrible? now, am i saying he will be an immediate success? no. am i saying we will win a million SEC titles and a hojillion MNCs? no. i'm just saying i expect him to be a successful coach at alabama, but maybe not immediately. nobody will really know until september.

Question.......

Nick Saban > or < Ears Whitworth?

i'm not sure i understand where out of the wild blue that article comes from, really. calling CTT an egomaniac is a pretty big stretch though i think. is he giving preferential treatment to blackmon? i don't know, i'm not CTT or blackmon. blackmon is the only one out of the trio listed that actually has had multiple drinking violations (2?), isn't he? i don't know why you would let someone keep violating the rules, but like i said i'm neither of them so there may be something to those situations. however, i am all for a rule that if anyone is caught for posession of drugs, see ya later. off the team. period. no matter who they are.

as far as the rival stuff goes.....whatever. heres the deal: yall have beaten us 5 years in a row, you have smack talking rights and you're gonna use it. we beat yall, we have smack talking rights and we're gonna use it. thats the way it goes. its the greatest rivalry in football. whats the point in a rivalry if you can't talk some smack?

RWS, I'm not sure where the preferential treatment thing comes from with regard to Blackmon because I still have yet to see anything other than rumor and specualtion concerning a second drinking violation. He had the first one and CTT did exactly what he had done in the past to Kevin Sears, which was susupend him for the first 6 games of the season. Something happened before the bowl game this past year and Blackmon did not play and I never heard why. Now, I'm asking because I really don't know. Has anyone heard anything concrete on why Blackmon was suspended, did not play, was sent home or whatever really happened?

I never heard anything more than rumor and/or speculation about that on this and other internet sites. But never heard from our staff, administration or from Blackmon himself, that he had actually gotten in trouble for drinking again. If anyone has, please post a link to it. Otherwise, this is just more of Shane Head pulling stuff out of his rectum.

Why is Shane saying Tubs doesn't respect the media....who was the coach that got in hot water with the media several weeks back about NOT giving them access?

Oh it goes much, much farther than egg. If Saban is not successful and I mean successful in the most rabid of delusional Tide fan's expectations it be the last pull on the handle of the death spiral. The program will never recover.

If THIS doesn't work, what else can they do? They resurrected a faux Bear in the gruff ass Stallings. He got them as close as they'll ever be, but didn't pacify the right people. Would not have sustained it anyway. They tried insiders (Perkins, DuBose and Shula) and outsiders (Curry, Franchione and Price) and got nowhere. Now they've hired the biggest gun they can find. A Napoleonic mercenary to whom they've pledged their souls. If HE can't bring them back to where they think they deserve to be (and we all know that it is unlikely) then what's the plan? What's next? There IS no next. This is it. In layman's terms, they've shot their wad.

When he says "the media" he really means "the Paul Finebaum Show". PF has been on Tub's case all week.

When he says "the media" he really means "the Paul Finebaum Show". PF has been on Tub's case all week.

If that is the case the meaning of "media" sure is being used "loosely"!

Question.......

they're pretty equal with the exception of the MNC, imho. its hard to judge CTT while he was at ole miss, because, well....its ole miss. gotta give him a little exception there, because what good talent really wants to go to ole miss? CNS isn't a slouch either, as stated in my previous post. really the only things that are tangible to where you could say CNS has this on CTT is 1 more SEC title and a MNC. other than that, i think they're on par with each other.

now heres a question......

if AU fans see a bit of success out of bama over the next 3-5 years, such as winning 3 iron bowls and maybe an sec title or maybe two and start seeing auburn fall by the wayside, how do you think the fanbase will react towards CTT and company?

Shane wrote:

In reality, Tubby is teaching his players to act like thugs and taunt the loser of a game. ....It is natural to expect his player to treat everybody this manner and it is just wrong.

Maybe this is why so many of his players are having run-in's with the law enforcement with drugs and alcohol. Apparently they believe they are invincible just like their leader.

1) "to act like thugs", this would be a relative term. As in relative to the 'thugs' at SPUT or Miami?

2) "taunt the loser of a game" as opposed to the throat slash observed in the SPUT/UF game which SPUT lost? A bammer accusing somebody of taunting? WTH.......Ramer Jammer, got to he**, you idiot.

3) "drugs and alcohol" as opposed to drugs and stolen guns or guns in a crowded night club and lying to the police? At least Auburn's misdeeds have been caught in Auburn as opposed to SPUT's misdeeds flaunted across the entire state from Florence to Mobile . I would be surprised if every SPUT player pulled over in T-Town was not be asked for an autography and sent on his merry way when in violation of the law. At least we know AU players are given no special/preferential treatment by the Campus/Auburn Police.

4) I would feel invincible also, if I had dominated my rival for the past 5 years.

wow I had totally forgotten this show, think it's bad now wait until August. They are taunting Auburn because

it gets boring to talk to yourself week after week about the same thing. So try and get some Auburn listener

(sucker) to call in. Wasn't LSU in the rotation awhile back? Next up would have to be Tennessee.

I never heard anything more than rumor and/or speculation about that on this and other internet sites. But never heard from our staff, administration or from Blackmon himself, that he had actually gotten in trouble for drinking again. If anyone has, please post a link to it. Otherwise, this is just more of Shane Head pulling stuff out of his rectum.

The speculation has ranged from not "getting it done in the classroom" to the most severe being retroactively "caught" drinking i.e. Tubs caught wind he was at a party or something.

Shane's accusations are completely off the wall.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Question.......

they're pretty equal with the exception of the MNC, imho. its hard to judge CTT while he was at ole miss, because, well....its ole miss. gotta give him a little exception there, because what good talent really wants to go to ole miss? CNS isn't a slouch either, as stated in my previous post. really the only things that are tangible to where you could say CNS has this on CTT is 1 more SEC title and a MNC. other than that, i think they're on par with each other.

if AU fans see a bit of success out of bama over the next 3-5 years, such as winning 3 iron bowls and maybe an sec title or maybe two and start seeing auburn fall by the wayside, how do you think the fanbase will react towards CTT and company?

Do you think that an Auburn grad would call our coach "Ears". Do you not know your history?

Ears Whitworth was one of your coaches, brainiac.

Question.......

Do you think that an Auburn grad would call our coach "Ears". Do you not know your history?

Ears Whitworth was one of your coaches, brainiac.

Thank you for pointing that out TM...I just didn't have the heart. Will ya'll get straight on your history? "It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob!"

Archived