Shane Sez 5/11/07

deepseas

Question.......

Nick Saban > or < Ears Whitworth?

they're pretty equal with the exception of the MNC, imho. its hard to judge CTT while he was at ole miss, because, well....its ole miss. gotta give him a little exception there, because what good talent really wants to go to ole miss? CNS isn't a slouch either, as stated in my previous post. really the only things that are tangible to where you could say CNS has this on CTT is 1 more SEC title and a MNC. other than that, i think they're on par with each other.

now heres a question......

if AU fans see a bit of success out of bama over the next 3-5 years, such as winning 3 iron bowls and maybe an sec title or maybe two and start seeing auburn fall by the wayside, how do you think the fanbase will react towards CTT and company?

Do you think that an Auburn grad would call our coach "Ears". Do you not know your history?

Ears Whitworth was one of your coaches, brainiac.

Thank you for pointing that out TM...I just didn't have the heart. Will ya'll get straight on your history? "It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob!"

I'm so accustomed to the bammers on here changing the subject, I didn't even notice.

Question.......

Nick Saban > or < Ears Whitworth?

they're pretty equal with the exception of the MNC, imho. its hard to judge CTT while he was at ole miss, because, well....its ole miss. gotta give him a little exception there, because what good talent really wants to go to ole miss? CNS isn't a slouch either, as stated in my previous post. really the only things that are tangible to where you could say CNS has this on CTT is 1 more SEC title and a MNC. other than that, i think they're on par with each other.

now heres a question......

if AU fans see a bit of success out of bama over the next 3-5 years, such as winning 3 iron bowls and maybe an sec title or maybe two and start seeing auburn fall by the wayside, how do you think the fanbase will react towards CTT and company?

Do you think that an Auburn grad would call our coach "Ears". Do you not know your history?

Ears Whitworth was one of your coaches, brainiac.

meh, i saw ears and since i was talking about CNS/CTT i guess i ignored the rest. way before my time anyways. i dont think ears whitworth won anymore than 3 games at bama and went one season without winning any. but i see where he's going with it because i do know he won a championship at the school he coached at before, didn't win a ton of games though but tied alot of them.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Capital letters are not to be feared.

Get rid of that phobia, young man, and then we'll discuss punctuation.

i hate typing capital letters. i really don't know why.

e.e. cummings wrote without capital letters. you, sir, are no e. e. cummings.

e.e. cummings wrote without capital letters. you, sir, are no e. e. cummings.

:lol:

Will ya'll get straight on your history? "It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob!"

:roflol::roflol::roflol::no::blink::o:puke::roflol:

Shane is a relevant and accurate source of news for Auburn and Alabama football.

Signed,

Nobody

av-341.jpg

drewau02

AUNation's Jim Rome Clone

And you are proud of this? ;)

Are you a metrosexual as well?

Everytime I read Shane's column I usually sit there at the end and wonder why I wasted 2-3 minutes of my life reading the drivel coming from his pen. Maybe it's a habit I need to break... then again, it provides comic relief so I think I'll stay tuned for more Shane nuggets of wisdom.

Thank you for pointing that out TM...I just didn't have the heart. Will ya'll get straight on your history? "It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob!"

I have noticed how many times the word "retard" gets used on this board and was just wandering if any of you have or know someone who is "special needs". I'm not being oversensitive I am just trying to bring light to the fact there might be someone on this board who has a special needs child and that word could be very offensive.

I have noticed how many times the word "retard" gets used on this board and was just wandering if any of you have or know someone who is "special needs". I'm not being oversensitive I am just trying to bring light to the fact there might be someone on this board who has a special needs child and that word could be very offensive.

I mean no disrespect, but this sanitization of speech galls me. The word retarded means 'slowed down, hindered, impeded or delayed. It was shortened from the term "developmentally retarded" which is an accurate description of the condition. It should not be considered derogatory. I'm sick and $@*#*& tired of somebody deciding that a term has negative connotations and a person using it is suddenly socially unacceptable.

I recently saw where some advocacy group says those who are handicapped do not wish to be called handicapped any longer because there is a stigma associated with the term and because they don't feel it accurately describes the condition. They want all the signs, markers, placques, parking spaces and paperwork changed to read "Persons with Disabilities or Illnesses" F@%&*, that won't fit on the sign!!!

Will not saying the word "retard" really make people think about those who are developmentally retarded in a different way? What about spazz? Can I call somebody a psycho or a schizo? How about just crazy?

:rant:

Get a life.

I am amazed at the hypocrisy on this board when it comes to name calling. I for one know a little girl who is special needs and she is the sweetest little girl u would ever meet. I must admit I used to use the word retard quite a bit before I came to know someone who had special needs. Now I wander how many people on this board would want their children going to school and calling someone who is a little slower than them a retard. I'm just trying to speak up for the defenseless.

I am amazed at the hypocrisy on this board when it comes to name calling. I for one know a little girl who is special needs and she is the sweetest little girl u would ever meet. I must admit I used to use the word retard quite a bit before I came to know someone who had special needs. Now I wander how many people on this board would want their children going to school and calling someone who is a little slower than them a retard. I'm just trying to speak up for the defenseless.

I have a son who is menatlly retarded and I agree with GalensGhost. But he may be retarded but he is not stupid. Shane is stupid.

thanks bojack. I have a sister that is mentally retarded and it really upsets me at how easily this word is thrown out there. We all have our own takes on this, as is evident here, but I cringe each and every time I hear someone throw out the "retard" word. I will even politely ask them to not use that word in my presence.

thanks bojack. I have a sister that is mentally retarded and it really upsets me at how easily this word is thrown out there. We all have our own takes on this, as is evident here, but I cringe each and every time I hear someone throw out the "retard" word. I will even politely ask them to not use that word in my presence.

I'm sorry if my rant offended anybody, it wasn't intended to do so. I just can't see how a word that was first advocated as a less offensive term (I don't remember what came before) when I was a child morphs into a word of high offense.

I don't call people retarded or handicapped or anything else. It's a label and not necessary.

But I don't think that somebody on a message board who calls somebody else a "retarded monkey" is taking a deliberate swipe at people who have some sort of disability.

I ought to suspend the account of the next blockhead that soils this forum with the words of Shane.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Please do!

Guest Tigrinum Major

I have a son who is menatlly retarded and I agree with GalensGhost. But he may be retarded but he is not stupid. Shane is stupid.

I'd hang out with your son any day of the week. He's a good kid.

OK since I started this....

I meant no offense to anyone. If you noticed the phrase is in quote marks meaning it came from a movie or someone elses hand.

Those of you who want to sanitize the language with euphamisms can kiss my shiny white butt!

OK since I started this....

I meant no offense to anyone. If you noticed the phrase is in quote marks meaning it came from a movie or someone elses hand.

Those of you who want to sanitize the language with euphamisms can kiss my shiny white butt!

My butt happens to be white and shiney and quite large for that matter. I don't really take offense to your comments. I just thought I'd point out the fact that my butt is in fact, white and shiney.

And large.

Archived