War Rudy!!!

TexasTiger

Galen's boy:

Giuliani Snubs Jones County

by Michelle Phillips

OLIN–Last weekend Deb and Jerry VonSprecken of Olin received a call from former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s campaign office asking them if they would be interested in holding a campaign rally on May 4, after she had donated to his campaign.

“We thought it would be an honor and agreed,” said Jerry.

The campaign office continued to contact the VonSpreckens throughout last weekend and were told a security check would be needed. The couple passed the security check and began putting plans in place.

“We started making phone calls. We got the sheriff and fire department and Olin school was going to let out early. We were also expecting kids from the Anamosa school,” Jerry explained. “Deb even went around and personally invited people.”

On Tuesday Deb received a call from Giuliani’s Des Monies office and was asked to call New York.

“They wanted to know our assets,” she revealed, and added that she and Jerry have a modest 80 acre farm and raise cattle.

Later she received a call from Tony Delgado at the Des Monies location.

“Tony said, ‘I’m sorry, you aren’t worth a million dollars and he is campaigning on the Death Tax right now.’ then he said they weren’t going to be able to come,” Deb continued.

The Death Tax is a federal version of the Iowa Inheritance Tax.

The VonSpreckens then called Delgado back and told him how upset they were that the event had been cancelled, how much work they had done and that they had been expecting 75-100 people at their farm.

“I invited him into my home,” Deb said of Giuliani, fighting back tears.

She said she then got a call from New York later the same day asking her to introduce Giuliani at a rally in Cedar Rapids, also scheduled for May 4. They offered her one-on-one time with Giuliani and to have her photo taken with him.

“My feeling is that they’re trying to cover their butts,” said Jerry.

“I may go and give him a piece of my mind, but I’m not going to introduce him,” Deb included.

Preparations had already been put in place for traffic control and bleachers and Deb’s mother, sister and niece were planning to fly from Texas to meet Giuliani.

“Now they pull this,” Jerry exclaimed. “It’s really sad that we aren’t good enough because we aren’t millionaires.”

“This is a horrible retraction we’re having to make. I’m in a state of shock, very hurt and embarrassed. I don’t understand why they don't want to talk to normal people,” she concluded.

Maria Comella, spokesperson for the Giuliani campaign, said, “We’re glad to have Debby and Jerry’s support and are thankful for all their hard work on the campaign. We’re looking forward to our visit to Iowa on Friday and having the opportunity to share Mayor giuliani’s message of fiscal discipline.

Comella did not comment on the cancellation at the VonSprecken home, and said a site had not yet been chosen for a campaign stop.

http://www.anamosaje.com/NewsArchive/2007/May/3/news.html#1

Galen's boy:

by Michelle Phillips

OLIN–Last weekend Deb and Jerry VonSprecken of Olin received a call from former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s campaign office asking them if they would be interested in holding a campaign rally on May 4, after she had donated to his campaign.

“We thought it would be an honor and agreed,†said Jerry.

The campaign office continued to contact the VonSpreckens throughout last weekend and were told a security check would be needed. The couple passed the security check and began putting plans in place.

“We started making phone calls. We got the sheriff and fire department and Olin school was going to let out early. We were also expecting kids from the Anamosa school,†Jerry explained. “Deb even went around and personally invited people.â€Â

On Tuesday Deb received a call from Giuliani’s Des Monies office and was asked to call New York.

“They wanted to know our assets,†she revealed, and added that she and Jerry have a modest 80 acre farm and raise cattle.

“Tony said, ‘I’m sorry, you aren’t worth a million dollars and he is campaigning on the Death Tax right now.’ then he said they weren’t going to be able to come,†Deb continued.

The VonSpreckens then called Delgado back and told him how upset they were that the event had been cancelled, how much work they had done and that they had been expecting 75-100 people at their farm.

“I invited him into my home,†Deb said of Giuliani, fighting back tears.

She said she then got a call from New York later the same day asking her to introduce Giuliani at a rally in Cedar Rapids, also scheduled for May 4. They offered her one-on-one time with Giuliani and to have her photo taken with him.

“My feeling is that they’re trying to cover their butts,†said Jerry.

“I may go and give him a piece of my mind, but I’m not going to introduce him,†Deb included.

Preparations had already been put in place for traffic control and bleachers and Deb’s mother, sister and niece were planning to fly from Texas to meet Giuliani.

“Now they pull this,†Jerry exclaimed. “It’s really sad that we aren’t good enough because we aren’t millionaires.â€Â

“This is a horrible retraction we’re having to make. I’m in a state of shock, very hurt and embarrassed. I don’t understand why they don't want to talk to normal people,†she concluded.

Maria Comella, spokesperson for the Giuliani campaign, said, “We’re glad to have Debby and Jerry’s support and are thankful for all their hard work on the campaign. We’re looking forward to our visit to Iowa on Friday and having the opportunity to share Mayor giuliani’s message of fiscal discipline.

Comella did not comment on the cancellation at the VonSprecken home, and said a site had not yet been chosen for a campaign stop.

I'm calling BS on this.

My guess is that there are other mitigating factors. I just don't believe the Iowa people's version of it. Quite frankly, they shouldn't have jumped the gun and started running their mouths about it and making all those arrangements -- which sounded like a hillbilly hoedown to me -- before getting confirmation.

You realize, Tex, that the media is terrified of Rudy right now. They will dig for anything with which to smear him regardless of how accurate or truthful that smear may be and regardless of how they have to spin it. The media is convinced that if they hurl poop at Rudy while suckling at Hillary's teat then the nation as a whole is too ignorant to sift through their lies and will elect that haggish ho. Thankfully, they're wrong as usual.

Galen's boy:

by Michelle Phillips

“We thought it would be an honor and agreed,” said Jerry.

“We started making phone calls. We got the sheriff and fire department and Olin school was going to let out early. We were also expecting kids from the Anamosa school,” Jerry explained. “Deb even went around and personally invited people.”

“They wanted to know our assets,” she revealed, and added that she and Jerry have a modest 80 acre farm and raise cattle.

“Tony said, ‘I’m sorry, you aren’t worth a million dollars and he is campaigning on the Death Tax right now.’ then he said they weren’t going to be able to come,” Deb continued.

“I invited him into my home,” Deb said of Giuliani, fighting back tears.

“My feeling is that they’re trying to cover their butts,” said Jerry.

“I may go and give him a piece of my mind, but I’m not going to introduce him,” Deb included.

“Now they pull this,” Jerry exclaimed. “It’s really sad that we aren’t good enough because we aren’t millionaires.”

“This is a horrible retraction we’re having to make. I’m in a state of shock, very hurt and embarrassed. I don’t understand why they don't want to talk to normal people,” she concluded.

I'm calling BS on this.

My guess is that there are other mitigating factors. I just don't believe the Iowa people's version of it. Quite frankly, they shouldn't have jumped the gun and started running their mouths about it and making all those arrangements -- which sounded like a hillbilly hoedown to me -- before getting confirmation.

You realize, Tex, that the media is terrified of Rudy right now. They will dig for anything with which to smear him regardless of how accurate or truthful that smear may be and regardless of how they have to spin it. The media is convinced that if they hurl poop at Rudy while suckling at Hillary's teat then the nation as a whole is too ignorant to sift through their lies and will elect that haggish ho. Thankfully, they're wrong as usual.

Yeah, the press did a great job helping out Gore in 2000. :rolleyes:

Rudy is more of a walking tabloid article than Clinton was. Rudy will be done in by Conservatives. Get in touch with your party:

by Michael Gaynor

R.I.P., Rudy Presidential Candidacy

May 12, 2007 01:00 PM EST

The Republican Party has a pro-choice wing, so it's not surprising that former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is first in the polls. The other nine declared Republican hopefuls and the two who have not announced (former Senator Fred Thompson and former Speaker Newt Gingrich) are all pro-life.

But Rudy's pathetic position on Roe v. Wade (it's "okay" with him if it's overruled and it's also okay with him if it isn't) brought to mind Senator John Kerry's infamous

"I-was-for-the-bill-before-I-was-against-it" remark.

An example of decisive leadership, it was NOT.

Then radio host Laura Ingraham deftly put Rudy on the spot.

By publicly asking Rudy what he thought made abortion "hateful"?

Rudy never said, but by the time the interview was over, Rudy's chance of winning the Republican presidential nomination was dead.

Why Rudy and wife No. 2 contributed to Planned Parenthood when he thought abortion was so hateful, Laura also asked.

The homepage of Laura's website modestly notes that Laura played a role in making sure Rudy's abortion stance was "unmask[ed]."

She stripped him naked, figuratively speaking.

Calmly and cleverly, without any freaking.

As to his Planned Parenthood contributions, Rudy tried to justify.

Laura should have posted that on her homepage as the day's big lie!

Rudy said he gave because Planned Parenthood provided information that would help a pregnant woman choose.

That was nothing more than a debater's trick or ruse, a wily subterfuge.

Planned Parenthood is the biggest abortion business in the U.S.A.

If you hated abortion at the time, would YOU donate your money?

The notion is noxious and ludicrous, not a bit funny.

Not everything the Palestinian Liberation Organization was doing in the 1990's was a crime.

But Rudy wouldn't receive Yasser Arafat and didn't give the P.L.O a dime.

To be sure, Rudy's trying to justify, by telling another big lie.

Rudy said that those who oppose and those who support abortion are equally moral.

So, with his Church, Rudy has a great quarrel.

His Church's position, as explained by Cardinal McCarrick in a pastoral letter when he was Bishop of Newark, is that abortion is a "grave evil" and a "crime against innocent life" for which "[w]e tend to find excuses."

Rudy's in rationalization-mode and, well for the salvation of his soul, it does not bode.

Did the possible sincerity of some Nazis in thinkiing that genocide was a good thing accord them moral equivalence with those who know it's not?

Of course not.

Is there something about Houston that attracts baptized presidential aspirants who have gotten an annulment from the Church to come and repudiate a basic Church teaching?

On May 11, 2007, The Associated Press reported:

"Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani forcefully reaffirmed his support for abortion rights [today] and argued that his divergence from conservatives on the issue should not disqualify him from being the eventual GOP nominee.

"'This is a matter of deep and profound judgment,' he said in a speech at Houston Baptist University. 'It's a matter of morals. It's a matter of your interpretation of how laws should operate, your interpretation of how respect for the rights of others should operate. But in a country like ours ... I believe you have to respect their viewpoint and give them a level of choice. I would grant women the right to make that choice.'"

Rudy's salvation is not lost yet, but his loss of the 2008 Republican presidential nomination is a safe bet.

I'd like to see him get the nomination, but conservatives won't allow it. He's not one of them.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/25031.html

Archived