Brett Favre asks to be traded

CShine

What does he expect other teams to trade for? He has admitted to maybe 1 or at most 2 more years in the NFL and his last two seasons have been far from All-Pro impressive.

I wish him no luck. He should've retired instead of starting the circus he puts the team through each year. I hope he gets traded and has the worst season he's ever had. I lost all respect I had for him over the last few years. Just my 2c.

Wow. I'm seriously shocked. I've been pulling for Favre the past few seasons just because I've always been a fan and he's one of the best QBs of all time. This changes a lot. The Packers have put up with his Rocky Balboa story for about three years now and he has the audacity to throw a temper tantrum because they didn't get a receiver he wanted? I really hope this isn't as bad as it's being reported.

whi whi whi whi , oh cut this retire not retired opera crap. i garuntee that brett favre has more ability and heart then more then half of the quarterbacks in the league. i would take brett favre over micheal vick, tom brady, payton manning, and drew brees put together! granted that favre had talent around him like those quaterbacks have. i would have done the same thing favre did if my team didn't support me with the draft. Green Bay has one of the worst front offices in the league.

whi whi whi whi , oh cut this retire not retired opera crap. i garuntee that brett favre has more ability and heart then more then half of the quarterbacks in the league. i would take brett favre over micheal vick, tom brady, payton manning, and drew brees put together! granted that favre had talent around him like those quaterbacks have. i would have done the same thing favre did if my team didn't support me with the draft. Green Bay has one of the worst front offices in the league.

Brett Favre has as much ability as you do spelling. I would have agreed with you on Favre having more heart but this article tarnishes that. I can understand Favre being upset with the draft and the route the Packers have taken in Free Agency. Does it merit his request to be traded from the city that has embraced him through thick and thin? Not one bit. If Favre thinks that the talent around him is the primary reason he hasn't won a Super Bowl in a while, then maybe we should look into how much Tylenol he's been popping.

Wow. I'm seriously shocked. I've been pulling for Favre the past few seasons just because I've always been a fan and he's one of the best QBs of all time. This changes a lot. The Packers have put up with his Rocky Balboa story for about three years now and he has the audacity to throw a temper tantrum because they didn't get a receiver he wanted? I really hope this isn't as bad as it's being reported.

he was willing to give up a part of his salary to get moss. moss was wanting $3 mil guaranteed 1 year and the packers were willing to go halfway i think, and favre said he would throw in the other half to make up the difference. something tells me that theres alot more going on behind the scenes of this. such as this is a constant thing with administration. you have to admit it wouldn't have been a bad pickup for them. he's probably thinking it would be nice to have someone decent to throw to.

I think that Farve is jealous of the way that John Elway left the league on top, while he is on a team that is not winning. Im a huge Brett Farve fan and I dont like to see him leaving Green Bay like this, I wish he would retire

he was willing to give up a part of his salary to get moss. moss was wanting $3 mil guaranteed 1 year and the packers were willing to go halfway i think, and favre said he would throw in the other half to make up the difference. something tells me that theres alot more going on behind the scenes of this. such as this is a constant thing with administration. you have to admit it wouldn't have been a bad pickup for them. he's probably thinking it would be nice to have someone decent to throw to.

Brady offered the same thing and now Moss is with the Patriots. Perhaps Brady was a more appealing QB than Favre....

It would have been a great pickup for the Packers. They could use a go-to receiver. They also need help with the running game. The problem with all of this is that Favre has made numerous mistakes over the past few seasons that have left people scratching their heads. Last season was a good year for Favre and it was one he could have easily retired with. But he's still sticking around - and now causing strife with the team. You think this won't carry over to the locker room? I've loved Favre for his heart and his ability to enjoy the game. His arm isn't the same, unfortunately. He really doesn't have room to be demanding trades.

Brady offered the same thing and now Moss is with the Patriots. Perhaps Brady was a more appealing QB than Favre....

It would have been a great pickup for the Packers. They could use a go-to receiver. They also need help with the running game. The problem with all of this is that Favre has made numerous mistakes over the past few seasons that have left people scratching their heads. Last season was a good year for Favre and it was one he could have easily retired with. But he's still sticking around - and now causing strife with the team. You think this won't carry over to the locker room? I've loved Favre for his heart and his ability to enjoy the game. His arm isn't the same, unfortunately. He really doesn't have room to be demanding trades.

he does and he doesn't. in the how loyal have you been to me world, he does. in the what have you done for me lately world, he certainly doesn't. he's hung in with the packers even through some tough times. i'm sure they've taken care of him too, but still. i agree with you though, i thought he should have retired 2 years ago personally. i don't know why he doesn't. you know his body has got to be telling him its time.

Pats gave a 4th round pick for Moss, GB would only give a 5th rounder. The talking heads said a 4th rounder was a steal so no clue why GB didn't try to at least seal the deal as Moss was interested in both teams.

What would have happened the next year when Favre did retire? Moss has already said that he didn't want to help break in a new QB with the Raiders, do you think he would feel any different if he was in the entertainment Mecca of Green Bay? The Packers are better off in the long run without him.

I understand his frustration. The Packers picked miserably in the draft. They not only didn't get Moss, but did nothing to improve that offense through the draft either. Favre has enough in the tank to make some noise with the Pack if he has better weapons. But you're not going to get it done with Peyton Manning and the rest of that offense.

I understand his frustration. The Packers picked miserably in the draft. They not only didn't get Moss, but did nothing to improve that offense through the draft either. Favre has enough in the tank to make some noise with the Pack if he has better weapons. But you're not going to get it done with Peyton Manning and the rest of that offense.

I agree with you TT.

The Packers personnel decision as of late are the only reason he's even contemplated retirement. I wish the Bucs could make a deal for him.....

Guest Tigrinum Major

i would take brett favre over micheal vick, tom brady, payton manning, and drew brees put together!

Yeah, those middle two haven't accomplished squat in this league.

Brett is now saying that he asked not to be traded before he asked to be traded. Apparently, he has the same press secretary as John K.

Brett Favre and his incessant complaining over the last few years is getting really old, and fast. I'm not ready to say that he's more of a malcontent than Terrell Owens, Favre would have to do a lot for me to say that, but he has done his share of complaining in regards to Packers management over the past few years. Also, there was that whole deal where Favre kept Packers management in limbo over his decision to retire or keep playing last year. Now, he demands a trade because management didn't go out and sign Randy Moss. Or maybe he didn't demand a trade. Who knows.

What I do know is Favre saw his last Super Bowl in 1997. He will probably never get back there as a player. With or without Randy Moss, the Packers are at least 5 or 6 years away from being a Super Bowl contending team and Favre won't be their QB when that happens. Besides, this is not a young Randy Moss anymore. The guy will be 31 this year and with the exception of Jerry Rice, that's ancient for a receiver.

Brett Favre and his incessant complaining over the last few years is getting really old, and fast. I'm not ready to say that he's more of a malcontent than Terrell Owens, Favre would have to do a lot for me to say that, but he has done his share of complaining in regards to Packers management over the past few years. Also, there was that whole deal where Favre kept Packers management in limbo over his decision to retire or keep playing last year. Now, he demands a trade because management didn't go out and sign Randy Moss. Or maybe he didn't demand a trade. Who knows.

What I do know is Favre saw his last Super Bowl in 1997. He will probably never get back there as a player. With or without Randy Moss, the Packers are at least 5 or 6 years away from being a Super Bowl contending team and Favre won't be their QB when that happens. Besides, this is not a young Randy Moss anymore. The guy will be 31 this year and with the exception of Jerry Rice, that's ancient for a receiver.

Wouldn't you consider retirement if your employer wasn't staffing you to succeed? Look how many go-to WR's Favre has had to break in. GB's front office hasn't been the same since Ron Wolfe left and if Favre wasn't the loyal guy he is, this would of came up six years ago.

Archived